Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT Previous tenant s name on esb bill. Cant get in touch with them.

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

How can i get it put into my name.I signed a lease in June but only moved in the end of July to find that the previous tenant left leaving an unpaid bill.Got on to the letting agent and they told me that this is there first let with this property. The problem is the other day I get home and my 14 year old. Son tells me that esb were here to cut the electricity off they did,nt as they realised we are new tenant s..I have never had a electricity contract so am unsure what to do..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Tintop,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Did you take a meter reading on the day that you moved in? We would need the reading and the MPRN or the RM serial number for the property in order to check the status of the property. We would also need the address along with your name and contact number.

You can send us a private message with these details or call our colleagues on 1850 372 372. It is possible to register online also, but if you had a technician visit the property, it would be best to check the status of the property before requesting the move in as we may not be the current supplier.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tintop

Tintop wrote: »
    How can i get it put into my name.I signed a lease in June but only moved in the end of July to find that the previous tenant left leaving an unpaid bill.Got on to the letting agent and they told me that this is there first let with this property. The problem is the other day I get home and my 14 year old. Son tells me that esb were here to cut the electricity off they did,nt as they realised we are new tenant s..I have never had a electricity contract so am unsure what to do..
    Hi Aoife thanks for your quick reply ,I have sent you a private message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Tintop,

We have checked our inbox and don't see a message from you? Can you double-check your sent items?

To send a PM to our Electric Ireland Reps inbox, click here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement