Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mortgage Question

• 31-08-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Couple of questions. I'm married 3 years with 1 child. We were going to be applying for a mortgage in the next few months, however... My wife is not working and her credit is a disaster. It looks like I will be applying for this mortgage myself.

1) Is this ok. Can i apply myself for this mortgage being married. Will the bank query this? Will it be an issue?
    2) Will my wife be able to get her name on the deeds also, down the line?
    3) Are there any other forseeable problems with this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry posted in wrong place. If mod could move to Banking please

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,539 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Once you're married you must apply for a mortgage in joint names. You need to apply to www.icb.ie for a credit check for your wife just to see how bad her credit rating is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Trish56 wrote: »
    Once you're married you must apply for a mortgage in joint names. You need to apply to www.icb.ie for a credit check for your wife just to see how bad her credit rating is.

Thanks Trish56. Its pretty bad. Loans and credit cards not paid off from 10-15 years ago. The lenders aren't even following them anymore. When this comes to light how will it affect my chance of purchasing a home with her. I'd guess no chance?

Is there any way i could purchase on my own/ with a parent?

Edit: I'm not condoning the non-payment of these debts but that's another days work. They will be repaid regardless. I'm just forward thinking!

Advertisement