Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Cream Question

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Morning All

What is the best way of getting shop-like fresh cream cakes at home ?. I believe bakeries will use the pressurised cannisters...so the cream kinda holds its shape. Should I be using normal whipping cream with some icing sugar ??...or double cream ??.

Thanks,
    K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Na, you won't get it, most shops/bakeries are using a special 'cream' formulated for catering with a longer shelf life and added stabilisers to get that texture.

Just be happy that your home made cake has nice fresh normal cream with hopefully no unnecessary added extras. If you want a firmer whip use double cream, the extra fat will help it hold it's shape better, I personally don't like sugar in cream, I like the blandness of the cream to contrast with the sweet cake, when the cream is sweetened you don't get this.

Having said all that I love a bought cream doughnut myself because you just can't replicate that taste unless you are mass producing using packet mixes etc.

Advertisement