Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint 17.2 XFCE external display issue

Options
  • 31-08-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm having some trouble with my install of Mint whereby when I connect an external display via HDMI the laptop slows down massively and the external display has no image on it.

What seems to be occurring is that the "display properties" window pops up when the HDMI cable is inserted but rather than wait for a response from me as to whether I want the laptop to extend display or mirror display etc, it just opens another "display properties" window, then another, then another and so on in a loop. I suppose that is what causes the massive slowdown to the point where you cannot even select the monitor you want!

Once the HDMI cable is taken out the laptop stops running this process, it becomes responsive again and I have to go and close the twenty or so display properties windows that have popped up! I've tried to connect via HDMI by inserting the HDMI and connecting it to the TV prior to booting the laptop but the same problem occurs.

Any ideas as to what I can do? I've read before that XFCE has issues in this area. I was even pondering a fresh install!

Advertisement