Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offering an Intel Nuc before adverts

Options
  • 31-08-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I have a NUC dn2820fyk that I am going to put on adverts soon but figured I would offer it to you guys first. Currently has a 320gb hd with w7 ultimate on a 100gb partition. Fresh install

Been using it with:
    kodi on w7
    or
    openelec

Good little machine for your htpc frontend needs. €120

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

That's a good deal for anyone in the market. I would snap it up only for I have so many of them at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Hi.

How much ram ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Hi.

How much ram ?

Thanks
    4gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Would this or chromebox be better for xbmc. Heading to the states in a few weeks and was going to pick one up but the price on this might be to good to pass.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Would this or chromebox be better for xbmc. Heading to the states in a few weeks and was going to pick one up but the price on this might be to good to pass.

Couldn't comment on the chromebox. Sorry

• Advertisement

Just wondering if its a n2820 or a n2030 cpu.

Just wondering if its a n2820 or a n2030 cpu.
    n2820

Full spec here:
    http://www.intel.ie/content/www/ie/en/nuc/nuc-board-dn2820fykh.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Do I have enough cables/boxes under the tv? Probably yes but tempted to buy just to mess around with. In what part of Kildare are you?

galljga1 wrote: »
    Do I have enough cables/boxes under the tv? Probably yes but tempted to buy just to mess around with. In what part of Kildare are you?

Clane

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    Clane

I am in the bustling metropolis of Johnstownbridge.
    What remote can you use with this? I presume any half decent smartphone apart from apple.

• Advertisement

What remote can you use with this? I presume any half decent smartphone apart from apple.

Depends what you want to do with it. Right now its got w7 installed so any keyboard and mouse. It also has an IR panel on the front.

I use 2 "remotes", for normal use I have a logitech remote that was lying around it controls kodi through a flirc. A great little IR usb adapter which allows any remote to work with any pc. More info on flirc here:
    https://flirc.tv/

When I need to work on kodi or using chromium I have my logitech wireless keyboard. Good plug and play wireless board with trackpad.
    http://support.logitech.com/product/...keyboard-k400r

Recommend both but flirc is the best thing I have bought, my NUC is stuck to the back of the tv for neatness so the flirc is like a sky-eye. kodi is now more accessible for my wife/anyone else who would find the whole qwerty annoying.

for apps I've used yatse without an issue.

I'll take it off you today if you have it. Over in Naas myself.

Working until 6

Go for it Pete. I am talking myself into it but I have enough laptops, desktops, mediaplayers, harddrives, consoles and other unnecessary devices at the moment.

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    Working until 6

Same myself. If you pm me we can meetup later if it suits.

Advertisement