Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish oral possibly not added

• 31-08-2015 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I really wanted primary teaching but I didn't get it because I got a D2 in Irish, I looked at my written paper on Saturday morning and discovered I got 173 marks out of 360 which is 48 percent. Since I got a D2 overall that means that I must have gotten a D in my oral. I have a feeling that the D2 I got was just the grade for my written paper and not my overall mark. I also feel strongly about this since my oral examiner was really nice and told me I did very good. Does anybody know if these things can happen or did I probably get a D in my oral?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Str96

So I really wanted primary teaching but I didn't get it because I got a D2 in Irish, I looked at my written paper on Saturday morning and discovered I got 173 marks out of 360 which is 48 percent. Since I got a D2 overall that means that I must have gotten a D in my oral. I have a feeling that the D2 I got was just the grade for my written paper and not my overall mark. I also feel strongly about this since my oral examiner was really nice and told me I did very good. Does anybody know if these things can happen or did I probably get a D in my oral?

It's quite possible actually, wouldn't be the first time. If you think you did very well and the examiner was positive then you should have been in at least B territory with respect to the oral mark? You can get a form from your school that is submitted with the script to be reviewed saying to review the possible clerical error and highlight this. Do this ASAP however, good luck

Advertisement