Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit cards for pop up shop

Options
  • 31-08-2015 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Ok so I've got a pop up shop running but recently have been turning away a lot of custom as people are trying to pay by card but are afraid to use the sumup one I have on my phone.
    It's understandable why as I can't prove to people it is safe like a normal terminal.

So my question is which is the best / cheapest option for me to get a proper terminal ie should I approach my bank and do a merchant account or the likes of payzone.

The shop sells a range of drinks and clothing lines are would only be used on Friday and Saturday nights and special occasion

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use SumUp and no one has ever been afraid to use it in almost 3 years of having it. Only difference is how small and sensitive the device is but most people comment on how much better than other larger terminals it is. Its the same thing as zettle so which is best for you will depend on your turnover the standard rate on zettle is pretty high (2.5% I think?) but if you're doing decent numbers (I seem to remember it being around €20k a month) then it drops to around 1.5% (whereas SumUp is just a flat 1.95%) which is really good for an off contract jobbie in terms of the device the SumUp device looks a lot better and more trustworth than the free zettle option but the zettle pro is really cool although that is obviously that bit more expensive to buy initially.

I use another company called SysPay which has a terminal that looks a lot more like a traditional card machine if your atv is low it works out a good bit more expensive than SumUp though as its just a per transaction fee you pay instead of a %.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

have a look at dueio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

jimmii wrote: »
    I use SumUp and no one has ever been afraid to use it in almost 3 years of having it. Only difference is how small and sensitive the device is but most people comment on how much better than other larger terminals it is. Its the same thing as zettle so which is best for you will depend on your turnover the standard rate on zettle is pretty high (2.5% I think?) but if you're doing decent numbers (I seem to remember it being around €20k a month) then it drops to around 1.5% (whereas SumUp is just a flat 1.95%) which is really good for an off contract jobbie in terms of the device the SumUp device looks a lot better and more trustworth than the free zettle option but the zettle pro is really cool although that is obviously that bit more expensive to buy initially.

I use another company called SysPay which has a terminal that looks a lot more like a traditional card machine if your atv is low it works out a good bit more expensive than SumUp though as its just a per transaction fee you pay instead of a %.

The OP is just using SumUp via their phone. OP, have a look at the SumUp terminal here.

Advertisement