Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPAD randomly unresponsive

• 31-08-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Perhaps someone can shed some light or offer suggestions at what the problem is here:

So, the problem is this.

The iPad, will randomly when locked become completely unresponsive. Power button doesn't work, hard reset doesn't work (Menu button and power button) and will just sit there with a black screen not turning back on.

First thing i did was stick the iPad on to iTunes, and was promptly told that the iPad is stuck in recovery mode and it needed a fresh install/update. So i did that and it powered up, updated and then reset itself. Same thing. Black screen and unresponsive.

So I left the damn thing to charge over night, and by chance i hit the hard reset out of frustration and it worked, it came and and was operating as normal.

The problem now is, that when i lock the iPad i have to do a hard reset to get it back, and even sometimes that doesn't even work and you have to leave the iPad alone for a while before trying again.

Anyone have any ideas?

TL;DR: iPad is black screening and not responding, even after a fresh OS install.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Had a problem like this on my daughters ipad mini. Someone on another site advised to reset it fully using Itunes and has been perfect since.

Advertisement