Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great bit: Donald Trump has never drank; had a brother who died of alcoholism.

Options
  • 31-08-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭

The conversation turned to alcoholism when Trump was asked how his children, despite being born into such wealth/power, have managed to avoid the usual traps: drinking/drugs/drama: (relevant part starts round 11:20)

I loved the frank and open way he talked about what must have been an absolute agony for he and his family. To those of you (like me) who have lost/are losing a person you love to this terrible illness, I am sure you can relate.

I am grateful I am a recovered alcoholic, and fair dues to Trump for having no qualms about discussing the subject.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Always amazes me the people who've been affected by alcoholism in some way,was watching a documentary there on Alice Cooper and how he was on deaths door from it,he was sober for 5 years and took a sip of his wife's wine and within hours he was hiding bottles around the house and spent the next year drunk until he got sober again.....there's a lesson in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Always amazes me the people who've been affected by alcoholism in some way

Me too.

This passage from The Big Book pretty much says it all:

Alcoholics Anonymous
    Page 18

An illness of this sort - and we have come to believe it an illness - involves those about us in a way no other human sickness can. If a person has cancer all are sorry for him and no one is angry or hurt. But not so with the alcoholic illness, for with it there goes annihilation of all the things worth while in life. It engulfs all whose lives touch the sufferer's. It brings misunderstanding, fierce resentment, financial insecurity, disgusted friends and employers, warped lives of blameless children, sad wives and parents - anyone can increase the list.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/10/trumps-clean-living-is-literally-inspiring-heavy-drug-users-to-get-sober/

DailyCaller

Trump’s ‘Clean Living’ Is Inspiring Heavy Drug Users To Get Sober
    Photo of Christian Datoc
    CHRISTIAN DATOC
    Reporter
    2:29 PM 03/10/2016

Several candidates have given powerful statements on the dangers of drug addiction, but only one is reportedly inspiring heavy users to switch to “clean living” lifestyles.

On Thursday, Reddit user “TheCoolestNathan” posted about how watching Trump’s “high energy” campaign has prompted him to stop using.

:cool:

Just realized the video in the first post is no longer live, can be seen here now. Start @ 10:40 to hear the alcohol/sober bit:

Advertisement