Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should I give my account details

Options
  • 31-08-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Is it safe to give my account details to a garage who want to return a disputed car deposit. I'm not a 100% sure of their honesty 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi woody84, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

If you are in anyway concerned regarding the validity of the merchants request, we would not advise providing your details to them. If the original debit was made on a Visa Debit or Credit Card, the merchant should be able to reverse this authorisation. 

If the company are unable to provide you with an alternative method of reimbursement which you feel satisfied with, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to provide specific advise on this refund. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

Hi woody84, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

If you are in anyway concerned regarding the validity of the merchants request, we would not advise providing your details to them. If the original debit was made on a Visa Debit or Credit Card, the merchant should be able to reverse this authorisation. 

If the company are unable to provide you with an alternative method of reimbursement which you feel satisfied with, please call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be more than happy to provide specific advise on this refund. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Thanks Elaine for the response. I will seek another form of payment from them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Woody, I think Elaine probably has to advise on the safest course of action for the customer (you) to take, but really, providing a simple sort code/account number, or bic and IBAN poses no major risk unless you'd like them to know absolutely nothing about you, but they can't do much with just these numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

cormie wrote: »
    Woody, I think Elaine probably has to advise on the safest course of action for the customer (you) to take, but really, providing a simple sort code/account number, or bic and IBAN poses no major risk unless you'd like them to know absolutely nothing about you, but they can't do much with just these numbers.

Less they know about me the better as faras I'm concerned. Thanks anyway for the feedback

Advertisement