Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking to Finglas.

Options
  • 31-08-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭

What is the quickest and most direct walking route from Dublin city centre (Islandbridge area) to Finglas (North Road)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Google maps will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭chicorytip

That's an obvious solution that never occurred to me! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Up infirmary Rd, nth circular Rd, turn left at phibsboro and keep going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Jesus that's a long walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭cgcsb

That'd be a very indirect route.

Walk through the phoenix park and out the cabra gate, walk up nephin road and turn left at the roundabout and straight up to Finglas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

chicorytip wrote: »
    That's an obvious solution that never occurred to me! Thanks.

I never occurred to me how good it is until I started to use it. Its actually incredible. If you cycle, it will alter your route during certain times of the day to take into account traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cgcsb wrote: »

Walk through the phoenix park and out the cabra gate, walk up nephin road and turn left at the roundabout and straight up to Finglas.

Welcome to the internet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Google maps give the shortest route avoiding the Phoenix Park but heading up Marlborough Road, St. David's Terrace, Glenbeigh Road, onto the Old Cabra Road, up Ratoath Road and Killala Road onto Carnlough at the top of Killala, right onto Broombridge and down over the railway bridge through Tolka Park, St. Helena's Road up Finn Eber Drive, Wellmound Road, and onto Finglas Road.

Total of 1hr 21minutes, that's for 6.6km though so a fast walker would prob be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

newacc2015 wrote: »
    I never occurred to me how good it is until I started to use it. Its actually incredible. If you cycle, it will alter your route during certain times of the day to take into account traffic

And if you are driving, it will plot your route taking into account motorways and tolls etc etc. If you take public transport, it will calculate routes, departure times and ticket prices. It's gas craic altogether. Speaking of which, why don't you just take the bus?

January wrote: »
    Google maps give the shortest route avoiding the Phoenix Park but heading up Marlborough Road, St. David's Terrace, Glenbeigh Road, onto the Old Cabra Road, up Ratoath Road and Killala Road onto Carnlough at the top of Killala, right onto Broombridge and down over the railway bridge through Tolka Park, St. Helena's Road up Finn Eber Drive, Wellmound Road, and onto Finglas Road.

Total of 1hr 21minutes, that's for 6.6km though so a fast walker would prob be quicker.

do googlemaps take into account that you don't have to stick to the roads in the phoenix park, there are plenty of short cuts

• Advertisement

January wrote: »

I get 4.47km from Island Bridge gate to tolka valley park, depends where in Finglas you want to go after that.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zNrfhW7agMMs.k00cq3PGwa6Q&usp=sharing

Welcome to the internet:)

What's that supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What's that supposed to mean.

Everyone has an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

do googlemaps take into account that you don't have to stick to the roads in the phoenix park, there are plenty of short cuts

Grand in the daytime...

Advertisement