Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

dudara wrote: »
    Someone who walks through a door and doesn't check if there's someone behind them, or doesn't make sure the door is shut after them

People who treat waitstaff and customer service people badly. Or doesn't even say thank you.

These are simple things, but they stand out to me about a person

Yeah, likewise someone who clicks to get a waiters attention, I wanna f*cking smack their face!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

SSLguru wrote: »
    Someone who promotes the reckless open borders policy this country has.

Of course if you oppose reckless mass immigration they will scream "racist " at you whilst then droning on about diversity.

White guilt is eating them alive

Anyone who harps on and on about how the country is being swarmed by blacks. In a country where I can drive for hours without actually seeing one. Not that that matters.

Well you found the right thread after all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

What's wrong with wearing a lanyard?

Indeed. They're usually your security swipe into the building you work/your work car park, in many companies, and secondary schools have them too now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Kev W wrote: »
    What about a bully that only bullies people about being lazy?

There's standard ****, then there's bully ****, then there's lazy ****. All equally wankerish. I've no time for any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

People who wear skinny tracksuit bottoms in the gym. People who wear hoodies over a baseball hat in the gym. Gyms certainly get an awful amount of gimps.

Or those multi coloured lycra man leggings with v neck tee that have now crept outside the gym into every day life :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 slangamerican

Anyone that has gone away for a year and then spends the next 5 years saying "it wasn't like this in xxxx" & "they didn't do it like that in xxxx' Yeah I get it you've been away somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mikedoherty99

Boskowski wrote: »
    Anyone who harps on and on about how the country is being swarmed by blacks. In a country where I can drive for hours without actually seeing one. Not that that matters.
    Were you driving at nightime?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Someone's sense of style or how they have their hair doesn't define them as a person, you should be judged on how you act not how you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

, you should be judged on how you act not how you look.

In an ideal world maybe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Left wingers who are so scared to trample on religious sensitivities that they become apologists for Islamism. Perhaps they may hold the opinion that the West is 100% to blame, but even if they show respect to states and a culture that oppress the liberal values they all love so much. The irony is lost on them.

Equally those on the Far Right who incite violence against all Muslims or just blame them for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Puibo wrote: »
    People who wear their work badges outsife of work. "Oh look at me and my badge with my face on it"

In fairness, sometimes you do forget that it's even there. Or, you know it's there but you simply don't care what anyone else thinks about you wearing it. I highly doubt that it's really ever done on purpose to "show off." Although I'm sure there are some **** who do that, but not most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

People who talk about their diets, macros, protein shakes and workouts. In great detail. All the time. ****.

The odd time is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Oh I remembered another one.

People who say things like "I'm an absolutely lovely person, but get on the wrong side of me and you'll know about it!"

or

"I'm a really nice person, but do anything to hurt my family and you'll feel my wraith!"

EH, no, you're not a lovely or a nice person. You're an aggressive psychopath, no matter what way you try to frame it in order to help yourself sleep at night. And I would be mortified if my mother ever spoke like that.

And in my experience, it's ALWAYS women who sh1te on like this. A certain type of women. You know the type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

People that say the words... Going Forward :mad:

Government slang for going forward. It should access more folk to enter the tax-net Going Forward. I'd love to physically kill those words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Radio hosts who mix alcohol and painkillers when travelling by air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Is anything not a sign that someone is a tosser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Phoney fakey embarrassing American accents on Irish people who have never been anywhere near the place in their lives.

You know who you are. Oh yes you do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Is anything not a sign that someone is a tosser?

Someone that says tosser on an Irish website forum could be an arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sunglasses on top of their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Talking about your girlfriend in work like everybody knows her oh well me and Sammy went for this and sammy thought this was great bla bla bla we get it you have a girlfriend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Talking about your girlfriend in work like everybody knows her oh well me and Sammy went for this and sammy thought this was great bla bla bla we get it you have a girlfriend

Don't worry, you'll meet someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

People who get sh1tfaced when they're out every single weekend and then come into work hungover on Monday and insist on telling you about how they're so mortified at what they did on saturday night...

1. I don't care

2. Shut up, I've got work to do

3. It's not an accident if you do it every weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

People that talk to you about the soaps or celebrity gossip all day long, but then call you wierd because of the one time you mention (at length) how cool graphene is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Had to lookup what 'SJW' was.

What is it? I'm too lazy to look it up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

grey tracksuit bottoms

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Senior Citizens who have to mention "the grandchildren" at least every third or fourth sentence in everyday general chitchat.

They're usually the ones who beat the living ****e out of their own children 25-30 years ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was expecting a watch that is solely worn by ****, that would help me detect them.

Someone who says 'your welcome' in a shop when you say thanks, they should be saying thanks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Sleeve tattoos.

Don't worry, you'll meet someone.

I have ha, This is the same guy who said when i asked if he remembered a song when a 90s pop song was on the radio in the background he replied, oh is it pop? i wouldnt know about what the cool kids listen to nowadays- he is in his early 30s fcuk sake. This was recently by the way not in the 90s;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Sunglasses on top of their head.

Wearing sunglasses indoors.

Women who have all their groceries through the checkout and then go rummaging through their handbags looking for their purse.
    Have your feckin money ready.

Or decide they've forgotten "something" and ten minutes later the dither head arrives back with half a trolley load in her arms.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Anyone currently wearing a beard and "that" haircut....with the "Dandy" clothes.

That would be the favoured haircut of the Waffen SS? I always found it strange that people's fashion would be inspired by the Nazi's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Saipanne wrote: »
    That would be the favoured haircut of the Waffen SS? I always found it strange that people's fashion would be inspired by the Nazi's...

Hugo Boss designed the SS uniforms and was a paid up member of the Nazi party.

People who pronounce the word buoy, boo-eee and the letter Z as zee does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Tweeter

Anyone who has a selfie stick

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

Kilkenny jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

jca wrote: »
    People who pronounce the letter Z as zee does my head in.

If you pronounce it 'zed' it ruins the whole flow of the alphabet rhyme:

A, B, C, D, E, F, G!
    H, I, J, K, LMNOP!
    Q, R, S, T, U, V!
    W, X, Y and Zed?

Doesn't work…

A, B, C, D, E, F, G!
    H, I, J, K, LMNOP!
    Q, R, S, T, U, V!
    W, X, Y and Zed?

Doesn't work…

I meant for people who don't need the Sesame Street song to know their alphabet....

• Advertisement

A, B, C, D, E, F, G!
    H, I, J, K, LMNOP!
    Q, R, S, T, U, V!
    W, X, Y and Zed?

Doesn't work…

The sick Zedebera was taken to the Hospitibill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

valoren wrote: »
    Hugo Boss designed the SS uniforms and was a paid up member of the Nazi party.

Interesting. I wonder do hipsters know they are sporting the Nazi look?

I meant for people who don't need the Sesame Street song to know their alphabet....

If Sesame Street and Dr. Zeuss use 'Zee',
    Then 'Zee' is the perfect one for me.

What is it? I'm too lazy to look it up...

SJW is a worker on the SJ train service in Sweden. Biggest bunch of **** you'll ever meet.

DareGod wrote: »
    Oh I remembered another one.

People who say things like "I'm an absolutely lovely person, but get on the wrong side of me and you'll know about it!"

or

"I'm a really nice person, but do anything to hurt my family and you'll feel my wraith!"

EH, no, you're not a lovely or a nice person. You're an aggressive psychopath, no matter what way you try to frame it in order to help yourself sleep at night. And I would be mortified if my mother ever spoke like that.

And in my experience, it's ALWAYS women who sh1te on like this. A certain type of women. You know the type.

The bloke version is 'I won't start a fight but I won't walk away from one either!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

biko wrote: »
    Anyone with a TapOut tshirt

i have 2 Tapout Hoodies, look well actually. GF got the 2 of them for 30 quid in Heatons. Since i didnt buy them but do occasionally wear them do i count?!

• Advertisement

Anyone who gives a toss about other people taking selfies. People have been taking photos of themselves for as long as it's been possible to do so and nobody cared. Then one day someone started calling them "selfies" and all of a sudden it's the end of civilization.

I have ha, This is the same guy who said when i asked if he remembered a song when a 90s pop song was on the radio in the background he replied, oh is it pop? i wouldnt know about what the cool kids listen to nowadays- he is in his early 30s fcuk sake. This was recently by the way not in the 90s;)

Yeah, not everyone listens to or follows pop music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

valoren wrote: »
    Wearing sunglasses indoors.

Heh, that makes me a tosser! Mine are prescription and I'm always forgetting to swop glasses when I go inside, especially if it's a bright place :)

It's probably been said already, but people with their phones at the dinner table on nights out. Photographing every course to put it up on Facebook. Jesus Christ just eat the damn food before it goes cold! Nobody cares, twats !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Not a whole lot to learn about UFC to be fair - it's just 2 guys in a ring fighting.

Not a ring, but an Octagon. There is quite a bit to it if you are a noob.

Anyone who gives a toss about other people taking selfies. People have been taking photos of themselves for as long as it's been possible to do so and nobody cared. Then one day someone started calling them "selfies" and all of a sudden it's the end of civilization.

No, people have been taking pictures of each other since the invention of photography not of themselves every second, there is a major difference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement