Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

akelly02 wrote: »
    Not a ring, but an Octagon. There is quite a bit to it if you are a noob.

Also not so much fighting as angry cuddling.

jca wrote: »
    No, people have been taking pictures of each other since the invention of photography not of themselves every second, there is a major difference.

So what if people take a lot of pictures of themselves? Who does it hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

What about putting QR codes with links to one's Linkedin profile on one's CV? How does that make you feel?

Cant claiim ive seen much of this carry on to be honest. How does it make you feel.

I dont think id bother wasting my time to scan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Kev W wrote: »

It doesn't hurt anyone it just makes them look like ****, the whole point of this thread really. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Anyone who gives a toss about other people taking selfies. People have been taking photos of themselves for as long as it's been possible to do so and nobody cared. Then one day someone started calling them "selfies" and all of a sudden it's the end of civilization.

Major difference between taking photos of you and yours for a family album and incessant selfie taking uploaded to social media to accumulate "likes"... Pathetic narcissistic behaviour based around the cult of self, almost certainly damaging to society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Anyone who feels the need to rubbish your taste in Music/Television/Film and then proceed to yapp on about Bands/Movies no-one has ever heard off and how they saw the band/movie at a private venue in some pub you've never heard off.

No one.

On the other hand, if someone dislikes it and finds it a bit self indulgent, sure who does that hurt either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Spitting.
    Fúcking scummy knackery thing to be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Someone who might interact with you over the internet and then not even say hello to you when they encounter you in public unless they are on their own. That's a bit of a wanker now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

People who act like an open book from the first moment you meet, telling you their life story and you don't even know their surname. Take that as a warning sign.

Actual advice from my Dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Also not so much fighting as angry cuddling.

I doubt you have watched MMA so. Probably confusing it with WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was expecting a watch that is solely worn by ****, that would help me detect them.

Someone who says 'your welcome' in a shop when you say thanks, they should be saying thanks back.

Wha'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Colleagues who only talk about work outside of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Middle aged female customers in Restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

if they are looking forward to the rugby 'world' cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

The guy at the restaurant the other week who complained that his usual glass of wine tasted different than it normally did. When asked what was particularly wrong with it he said and I quote "It usually dances on my palate but this one does not"

You Sir, are a wanker.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Wha'?

I'm guessing something like a Tag Heuer or a brand new Rolex. A flash harry type watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The following overused quote:

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"

No.

If somebody can't handle you at your worst, it is because you are a wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

jca wrote: »
    I doesn't hurt anyone it just makes them look like ****, the whole point of this thread really. ..

Obviously someone takes a lot of photos of themselves and doesnt want people to think he is a wanker :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Anyone who gives a toss about other people taking selfies. People have been taking photos of themselves for as long as it's been possible to do so and nobody cared. Then one day someone started calling them "selfies" and all of a sudden it's the end of civilization.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3217283/Doctor-Malaysia-faces-sack-posing-picture-one-hand-female-patient-s-private-parts.html

Your comments please.

If they are white and from South Africa. Be on your guard.

I've never met a white south african who isn't a complete bellend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I work in a pub and we regularly go for drinks at the weekend after work. One golden rule the group have is no 'Shop Talk'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This x1000.

Went out with a lad I used to work with and still friends with for a few drinks on Friday night, he bumped into someone that works in our company that I didnt know so introduced us. The guy did nothing but talk shop, not even stuff about the company/team/department but his actual day to day stuff. He couldn't switch off. We gave him the "no more shop talk" warning twice, then eventually said we were heading home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I work in a pub and we regularly go for drinks at the weekend after work. One golden rule the group have is no 'Shop Talk'
    Two people I used to work with, in particular, are terrible for it. I left that job a while back and still all they talk to me about is work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Brown leather shiny shoes with jeans and a "sports jacket".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

The toss pots who go around with the travel mugs of coffee everywhere. You would swear it was their source of oxygen.

Worse still are coffee snobs. The sort who can only drink coffee that was farmed in some jungle and washed with childs tears.

Total ****.

No one.

On the other hand, if someone dislikes it and finds it a bit self indulgent, sure who does that hurt either?

Fair point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

Did someone mention Social Justice Warriors?

Middle aged female customers in Restaurants

Please tell is the story behind that, it sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Did someone mention Social Justice Warriors?

"This is a free speech zone" :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Playboy wrote: »
    Obviously someone takes a lot of photos of themselves and doesnt want people to think he is a wanker :P

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

valoren wrote: »
    If they are white and from South Africa. Be on your guard.

I've never met a white south african who isn't a complete bellend.

Mod: knock of the aul racism

Occasional shop talk is fine. It usually fizzles out early in the night.

I hate the people who get really aggressive and interrupt shop talk conversations by shouting "STOP TALKING ABOUT WORK".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Anyone who deliberately team kills in an on-line multiplayer game

W*nker of the highest order

You'll ruin a game for 31 other people just so you can have some cheap lulz

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser -

When they deny that they're racist on the basis that the entire group of people they have just professed hatred of are 'not actually a race'

Akrasia wrote: »
    Anyone who deliberately team kills in an on-line multiplayer game

W*nker of the highest order

You'll ruin a game for 31 other people just so you can have some cheap lulz

Mmmmm....

People who only condemn racism, sexism, homophobia etc if the person being objectionable is white and middle class.

When they deny that they're racist on the basis that the entire group of people they have just professed hatred of are 'not actually a race'

And ? That would be lazy or xenophobic. Race is used as a stick incorrectly most of the time.

To me that would donate warning signs. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tbf, I'd class it as xenophobic rather than racist.

Yeah I actually misread the post entirely first time round!
    Apologies DPD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yeah I actually misread the post entirely first time round!
    Apologies DPD.

**** with attitude are ****. Just the band. Not the whole race obviously! Some of my best friends blah blah blah!

res ipsa wrote: »
    **** with attitude are ****. Just the band. Not the whole race obviously! Some of my best friends blah blah blah!

That is Racist.....

And ? That would be lazy or xenophobic. Race is used as a stick incorrectly most of the time.

To me that would donate warning signs. :pac:
    Why is xenophobic good but racist bad?

And it's not 'xenophobic' to be prejudiced against one specific group of people.

Xenophobia is a more generalised dislike of people from different countries.

Firstly, there is only no such thing as biological 'race' We are all one species, all one race and that's the human race. Black people Brown People, White people etc, are all the same

Racism is a prejudice against an ethnic group and this is a social construct, not a biological one.

The offending post that started all of this was someone saying they specifically disliked white south Africans. This is a distinct racial/ethnic group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_South_Africa

res ipsa wrote: »

It's Niggaz With Attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

It's Niggaz With Attitude

Respect.

Why is xenophobic good but racist bad?

And it's not 'xenophobic' to be prejudiced against one specific group of people.

Xenophobia is a more generalised dislike of people from different countries.

Firstly, there is only no such thing as biological 'race' We are all one species, all one race and that's the human race. Black people Brown People, White people etc, are all the same

Racism is a prejudice against an ethnic group and this is a social construct, not a biological one.

The offending post that started all of this was someone saying they specifically disliked white south Africans. This is a distinct racial/ethnic group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_South_Africa

This is exactly the reason why "Racism" has lost all meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

DareGod wrote:
    In fairness, sometimes you do forget that it's even there. Or, you know it's there but you simply don't care what anyone else thinks about you wearing it. I highly doubt that it's really ever done on purpose to "show off." Although I'm sure there are some **** who do that, but not most people.

I get it that people forget but when its dangling outside your top on a Friday evening in a bar, lets face it, those "****" know its there.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

People who apply the label "racist" to any old thing, thus completely devaluing the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Someone who has appointed themselves as Political Correctness Police, online and in everyday living.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

People who say "I'm a marmite person, people either love me or hate me"......everyone hates you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement