Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I hate surly staff who seem to think that they are doing you a massive favour by serving you. In shops, pubs, restaurants etc

I was in a pub recently. It was mid afternoon and the place was quiet. The barmaid was chatting to her mate and it was a few minutes before she came over to serve me (even though she'd seen me). She then greeted me with 'yeah' at which point I decided to walk out and take my custom elsewhere.

# I didn't actually walk out. Being Irish I simply begrudgingly paid for my pint and drank it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Assholes who don't practice good phone etiquette.

I've people ringing here at work who don't say hello or state who they are, they just start mumbling incoherently. It's like pulling teeth trying to extract information out of them

I feel like saying to them- 'Speak into the phone properly and clearly state your business, your communication skills are appalling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Tag rugby ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who post lines such as 'Is this supposed to news?' in the comments sections of free news websites (Newstalk, the Journal etc). A headline exists so that you get a fair idea about what the article is about. Therefore, don't read the fcuking thing and subsequently complain about it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

People who constantly go on and on and ooon about how great they are, how they were the reason various ppl thrived in life, how people constantly tell them how great they are :rolleyes: I like to refer to these people as Forrest Gumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Tom_Barry wrote: »
    People who constantly go on and on and ooon about how great they are, how they were the reason various ppl thrived in life, how people constantly tell them how great they are :rolleyes: I like to refer to these people as Forrest Gumps.
    also known as
    "Humblebragging"

Particularly Irish phenomena. Virulent around these parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone on holidays in a foreign country who won't bother their balls saying "hello" or "thank you" in that country's language. It's nothing but courtesy.

Obrigado :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

De nada!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    also known as
    "Humblebragging"

No, it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

The bus driver didnt want to let me off at my stop because he had a time table to keep, wanted me to stay till the next stop. Prick of the highest order

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Charizard wrote: »
    The bus driver didnt want to let me off at my stop because he had a time table to keep, wanted me to stay till the next stop. Prick of the highest order

Today? Have to be at the kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    also known as
    "Humblebragging"

That's not humblebragging and it's not Irish. Humblebragging is someone complaining it takes three weeks to order in replacement parts on their Ferrari, or that they don't want to go to a wedding because they'll have to buy new Louboutins for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I was held up this morning by a cyclist who wouldn't use the cycle lane. He then broke the red light and did that circus balancing move they all do while waiting for a space in the incoming traffic.

I was hoping he would fall and rip his sponsored lycra.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

That's not humblebragging and it's not Irish. Humblebragging is someone complaining it takes three weeks to order in replacement parts on their Ferrari, or that they don't want to go to a wedding because they'll have to buy new Louboutins for it

Both of ye are wrong about what humble bragging is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Both of ye are wrong about what humble bragging is.

Too many signs to mention but the bus strike has really brought out the wanker in a lot of drivers. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

People who post lines such as 'Is this supposed to news?' in the comments sections of free news websites (Newstalk, the Journal etc). A headline exists so that you get a fair idea about what the article is about. Therefore, don't read the fcuking thing and subsequently complain about it

I disagree. Clickbait is a tosser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I was held up this morning by a cyclist who wouldn't use the cycle lane. He then broke the red light and did that circus balancing move they all do while waiting for a space in the incoming traffic.

I was hoping he would fall and rip his sponsored lycra.
    I was held up this morning by many motorists who wouldn't use the motorway. They then broke the red lights (88% of those picked up breaking red lights by the Luas cameras were motorists, not cyclists). I didn't spend much time checking out what clothes the drivers were wearing, as the clothing of other road users doesn't interest me much. Tossers.

I didn't spend much time checking out what clothes the drivers were wearing, as the clothing of other road users doesn't interest me much. Tossers.

I wouldn't advise spending any time looking if you're a cyclist. You could have a very unfortunate accident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They usually have a northern accent. That's usually warning enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They usually have a northern accent. That's usually warning enough for me.

What do we want?

Nordie accents.

When do we want them?

Noy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I was held up this morning by many motorists who wouldn't use the motorway. They then broke the red lights (88% of those picked up breaking red lights by the Luas cameras were motorists, not cyclists). I didn't spend much time checking out what clothes the drivers were wearing, as the clothing of other road users doesn't interest me much. Tossers.

Geezer on a bike in full Lycra gear, in front of me today in Malahide.

Coming to a speed bump, fcuker 'rose up' and a foot of sweaty lycra followed his crotch from the saddle.

Nearly heaved up my guts in my motor.

Fcuking rank.:eek:

Headlines are great. They frequently allow you to avoid having the read the article at all.
    I wouldn't advise spending any time looking if you're a cyclist. You could have a very unfortunate accident.
    Whooosh, that's the sound of my point, going right over your head.
    Geezer on a bike in full Lycra gear, in front of me today in Malahide.

Coming to a speed bump, fcuker 'rose up' and a foot of sweaty lycra followed his crotch from the saddle.

Nearly heaved up my guts in my motor.

Fcuking rank.:eek:
    If you're that sensitive to what other people wear on the road, you really shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Or on the other hand, you try another approach - stop studying the crotches of cyclists in front of you and keep your eye on traffic instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

People who shoehorn the neverending cyclist V motorist argument into EVERY ****ING THREAD they possibly can.

You underestimate me my fiend. Careful with that point. You might cut yourself in a extremely unfortunate accident.

Now respond with something clever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

You underestimate me my fiend. Careful with that point. You might cut yourself in a extremely unfortunate accident.

Some people have big sweaty ball sacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

You underestimate me my fiend.
    I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

That's the funniest **** I've ever read on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

.......you responded.

• Advertisement

Headlines are great. They frequently allow you to avoid having the read the article at all.

If you're that sensitive to what other people wear on the road, you really shouldn't be behind the wheel.

Or on the other hand, you try another approach - stop studying the crotches of cyclists in front of you and keep your eye on traffic instead.

Lad was about 6 feet from my front left mirror coming up to a speed bump.

Lifted his arse off the saddle and a skein of lycra like melted plastic dropped from his crotch still stuck to the saddle.

Only relating what I saw, wasn't "studying" anything:mad:

Lad was about 6 feet from my front left mirror coming up to a speed bump.

Lifted his arse off the saddle and a skein of lycra like melted plastic dropped from his crotch still stuck to the saddle.

Only relating what I saw, wasn't "studying" anything:mad:

I've been driving for over 30 years, and never found myself engrossed in the detail of what happens between a cyclist's arse and his saddle. It's really your own problem that you need to sort out. Keep your eyes on the road, not on cyclists' arses, and you'll have a much more pleasant journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

People who take meaningless, throwaway after hours comments too literally and subsequently get high and mighty about things. **** and *****.

I've been driving for over 30 years, and never found myself engrossed in the detail of what happens between a cyclist's arse and his saddle. It's really your own problem that you need to sort out. Keep your eyes on the road, not on cyclists' arses, and you'll have a much more pleasant journey.

I was doing about 10k ph pal, narrow road no other traffic.

Like a responsible driver I was attentive to the cyclist.

Guy had to free the skein of perished Lycra from the saddle and tap it back into position around the nutbag.Good 6 inches of 'sticky stretch' like hot chewing gum, fella.

I couldn't miss that sequence, nearly threw up man.:eek:

Guy had to free the skein of perished Lycra from the saddle and tap it back into position around the nutbag.Good 6 inches of 'sticky stretch' like hot chewing gum, fella.

Did he tuck it in nice and cosy round the ball bag?

Did he tuck it in nice and cosy round the ball bag?

Didn't quite notice R, just seemed to use the first two fingers and the thumb to 'free'the adherance from the saddle and then seemed to 'pat ' the slack in around the junk before making contact with the saddle again.

Sorry I haven't a more descriptive report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Didn't quite notice R, just seemed to use the first two fingers and the thumb to 'free'the adherance from the saddle and then seemed to 'pat ' the slack in around the junk before making contact with the saddle again.

Nothing worse than seeing a bunch of middle-aged **** on bicycles adorned in their lycra and hogging the road. The outline of the tallywhacker always on display. Very prevalent around the beauty spots of Wicklow these days. One time these bellends used to play golf, but now they are out on the public roads. Shower of kernts.

No that'll do, I just needed closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Pictures would have been nice.

People who take meaningless, throwaway after hours comments too literally and subsequently get high and mighty about things. **** and *****.
    Bullies who's standard response to being challenged over their bullying is 'ah sure I was only joking'. ****.
    One time these bellends used to play golf, but now they are out on the public roads.
    Given that they are generally members of the public, I'd have thought that 'the public roads' is definitely the right place for them.

Once again, after 30 years of driving around Ireland, I can't think of any scenario that would require me to pay such intense attention to the crotch of a cyclist in front of me. The issue here is all your own, but I'd imagine that a few months with good therapist could help you to get over your obsession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

This is such shīt it can only be Flutterin bantam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Over use of this crap:

👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

maximoose wrote: »
    Over use of this crap:

��

I totally agree ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm not reading this whole thread to check if it's been mentioned already.

My current pet hate is that progressive indicator signal that newer Audis have. Nothing screams bigger wanker to me than that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

bren2002 wrote: »
    I'm not reading this whole threat to check if it's been mentioned already.

My current pet hate is that progressive indicator signal that newer Audis have. Nothing screams bigger wanker to me than that thing.
    Audi **** in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Drenching pedestrians by driving through puddles without slowing down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Audi **** in general

Yeah it's a given that Audi drivers are w@nkers. Like the one who proceeded up the bus lane yesterday in heavy traffic. Even having a w@nkers indicator isn't going to get you in front of me mate. W@nker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Creol1 wrote: »

Happens to me every winter. Some of those bastards are doing it deliberately and aren't just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

People that can't afford what I have... therefore hate on the things I have.

jealous w@ankers :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Creol1 wrote: »

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement