Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The bloke in the very busy petrol station tonight where I went to buy petrol who went into pay for the petrol, came back out to his car, turned on the engine and the lights, then didn't move off for about five minutes as a queue of cars formed behind him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Sorry about that, didn't want to spill my coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

bren2002 wrote: »
    I'm not reading this whole thread to check if it's been mentioned already.

My current pet hate is that progressive indicator signal that newer Audis have. Nothing screams bigger wanker to me than that thing.

What is this progressive indicator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

Last week I was on a roundabout when a car to the left came screeching to a stop nearly taking the front off my car, driver texting on phone. I drove on and stopped at some red traffic lights further down a quiet street and looking in my mirror saw the same lady in the car behind busy typing on her phone. I decided to experiment. I waited, lights turned green, only two of us in the queue, lights turned red, ladies head glances up. Lights turn green, only two of us in queue, lady typing away, her head glances up , lights turn green ,only two in queue, I wait, lights turn red, lady glances up and continues typing. Lights turn green, two us us in queue, lady typing glance up sees lights green, sits on horn and starts shouting abuse at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The guy who sat on the bus today having a conversation on speakerphone. He got off at my stop and kept walking along having his conversation on speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jeju wrote: »
    Last week I was on a roundabout when a car to the left came screeching to a stop nearly taking the front off my car, driver texting on phone. I drove on and stopped at some red traffic lights further down a quiet street and looking in my mirror saw the same lady in the car behind busy typing on her phone. I decided to experiment. I waited, lights turned green, only two of us in the queue, lights turned red, ladies head glances up. Lights turn green, only two of us in queue, lady typing away, her head glances up , lights turn green ,only two in queue, I wait, lights turn red, lady glances up and continues typing. Lights turn green, two us us in queue, lady typing glance up sees lights green, sits on horn and starts shouting abuse at me.

What the fuuhrk was all that about?

No idea here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No idea here.

Tl;dr: woman is wanker, then OP is wanker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

Tl;dr: woman is wanker, then OP is wanker.

More OP wants to see how high on the Wanker barometer the woman can reach, without anyone else being involved thus negating OP wankerism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

9or10 wrote: »

These kind of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

9or10 wrote: »

These kind of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

people who double post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The wanker in the grey BMW who thinks its fine to fly through the estate where i live despite kids, dogs and people going about there day to day lives, these "lads" are **** of the highest order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

Commuting & Transport forum moderators with London Underground station names as their username.

Good Luck with that one Arthur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think it's the new LED style ones you see on the rear where they light in sequence from inside to out. Like half a KITT effect.

....that's your car, isn't it..........wanker lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Those people who can somehow manage to turn every conversation around to themselves, regardless of what's being discussed. Absolutely infuriating.

• Advertisement

gossamer wrote: »
    Those people who can somehow manage to turn every conversation around to themselves, regardless of what's being discussed. Absolutely infuriating.

I find that as well, is always happening to me. Like just the other day I was at the shops, and I was buying myself some dinner, and I said to myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Deedsie wrote: »

Not to the same extent but also irritating are people who leave car dealership stickers and registration plate advertising surrounds on their cars.

Ooh that's a bit harsh. I'd say most people don't even notice.

People who use the term "generation snowflake". Never encountered one who wasn't a tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who use the term "generation snowflake". Never encountered one who wasn't a tosser.

I had never heard that term until I read it here. Thanks for enlightening me, I'll be staying away from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I have never heard it either. What does it mean? Give an example.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I have never heard it either. What does it mean? Give an example.

From Wiki
    Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term that refers to young people, typically university or college students, who seek to avoid emotionally charged topics or dissenting ideas and opinions. This may involve support of safe spaces and trigger warnings in the university setting.[1][2][3][4] It has also been used by The Daily Telegraph and GQ writers to refer to Millennials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

they look for any excuse to call you a racisit , homophoe , bigott , islamaphobe , sexist , elitist , anti semite , Nazi etc... Social Justice Warriors (SJW's) you know who you are and you're all **** hahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

they look for any excuse to call you a racisit , homophoe , bigott , islamaphobe , sexist , elitist , anti semite , Nazi etc... Social Justice Warriors (SJW's) you know who you are and you're all **** hahahahahaha

Don't they even insist on "safe spaces" on university campuses now, so that the snowflakes have somewhere to go where no political views are allowed, and so they will be "safe" from being offended. It's a kick up the snowflake fúckin hole they need - the real world will take them down a peg or two (one hopes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Any man who wears those pointy toed brown shoes, are you hoping to walk down the road in them or sail to England you cúnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Don't they even insist on "safe spaces" on university campuses now, so that the snowflakes have somewhere to go where no political views are allowed, and so they will be "safe" from being offended. It's a kick up the snowflake fúckin hole they need - the real world will take them down a peg or two (one hopes).

The last two series of of south park have taken the almight piss out of the whole "safe Space" SJW PC thing its absolutely gas

In a conversation over the conflict in israel i was call an Anti Semite , an Islamophobe and a Fascist all by the one SJW wanker literally makes you just want to screem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Men who think it is ok to wear a dickie bow or bow tie - not with a dinner jacket.

The last two series of of south park have taken the almight piss out of the whole "safe Space" SJW PC thing its absolutely gas

In a conversation over the conflict in israel i was call an Anti Semite , an Islamophobe and a Fascist all by the one SJW wanker literally makes you just want to screem

Maybe you should go to your safe space?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

The ultimate sign of a world class tosser is a pesky cycling advocist who defends the current cycling behaviour of jumping red lights, cycling on paths, cycling at night without lights, cycling without a bell and yelling at people in your way, banging on car windows, cycling and using the phone, cycling in the middle of a road and calling it "defensive cycling", not using provided cycle lanes, cycle with little or no safety equipment (Helmets, Hi-vis, etc.), cycle with earphones in, and just being downright dangerous with no regard to safety...

These "tossers" can be easily identified as those who continuously moan about everything that relates to cycling and then resort to sarcastic comments to try make light of situations. They have this profound sense of entitlement to road usage and are artistic complainers.

https://www.autoweb.co.uk/topeleven/top-11-most-annoying-things-cyclists-do

There is no excuse for any of this...irregardless if cycling is good for health and the environment, it is only mode of transport that suits a small select few people who live in specific areas like cities. Get over yourselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

People who have an unhealthy obsession with those who chose one form of transport over another and uses several forums on boards.ie to vent it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Roadhawk wrote: »
    The ultimate sign of a world class tosser is a pesky cycling advocist who defends the current cycling behaviour of jumping red lights, cycling on paths, cycling at night without lights, cycling without a bell and yelling at people in your way, banging on car windows, cycling and using the phone, cycling in the middle of a road and calling it "defensive cycling", not using provided cycle lanes, cycle with little or no safety equipment (Helmets, Hi-vis, etc.), cycle with earphones in, and just being downright dangerous with no regard to safety...

These "tossers" can be easily identified as those who continuously moan about everything that relates to cycling and then resort to sarcastic comments to try make light of situations. They have this profound sense of entitlement to road usage and are artistic complainers.

There is no excuse for any of this...irregardless if cycling is good for health and the environment, it is only mode of transport that suits a small select few people who live in specific areas like cities. Get over yourselves!

Cunts who amalgamate the word irrespective with the word regardless and come up with irregardless. These are arch-****.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Roadhawk wrote: »

Just in case anyone wants a bit of context to this, pop over the Cycling forum and see how Roadhawk's 'full Clarkson' rants get patiently answered with facts and evidence. Facts and evidence seem to really get up his nose for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Roadhawk

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    People who have an unhealthy obsession with those who chose one form of transport over another and uses several forums on boards.ie to vent it.
    Just in case anyone wants a bit of context to this, pop over the Cycling forum and see how Roadhawk's 'full Clarkson' rants get patiently answered with facts and evidence. Facts and evidence seem to really get up his nose for some reason.

There you have it folks...the true defenders of bad cycling ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Don't drag disputes from other fora in here please.

HensVassal wrote: »
    Cunts who amalgamate the word irrespective with the word regardless and come up with irregardless. These are arch-****.

I prefer uber-**** myself, or even mega-****.

Has a better ring to it.

arch - Wanker sounds a bit weak.

Some people mightened even understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People who think that guys holding 'stop' and 'go' signs during roadworks don't apply to them. Was driving to work yesterday and came along to some roadworks taking place in the opposite side of the road. I got the 'GO' sign to proceed but this auld bint in a nissan micra drove through the 'STOP' sign on the opposite side and there she was coming head on towards me in my lane before she swerved over just in time to her own side and kept going like the wheels of hell, seemingly oblivious to the accident she could have caused.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Drivers in charge of (was almost going to say 'in control of') 2 tonnes of speeding vehicle who drink alcohol and drive, who use phones for speaking and texting and tweeting and Facebooking while driving with one or no hands, who blare out their favourite music on the radio or CD for the doubtful benefit of other people, who fail to indicate in time to warn others, rush to get through traffic lights as or after they turn so they won't have to wait 180 seconds max, who stare straight ahead and don't see more vulnerable road users, who boorishly refuse to let other drivers or other road users have right of way, who blare horns at people who waste their precious life-threatened time by making them wait a few seconds before taking off when lights go green (perhaps to let the aged blind lady hobble slowly across, damn her), who approach junctions at too great a speed and swerve around corners, who drive alone in the car rather than carpooling, who take advantage of clever tricks so they can speed through lights on empty roads, regardless of who may be coming towards the junction going the other way, who scream abuse at other road users, who park selfishly in bus and cycle lanes, who drive in bus lanes…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

God, some people have a pathological hatred of anyone that does not cycle..

:rolleyes:

I find the biggest tossers are people with a superiority complex.. You know the ones.

The "I have money so you will treat me like royalty" or the "Do you know who my father is" types.

There was one twat in the off license tonight. He was buying €400 of wine so thought it entitled him to jump the queue. He had a little rant when he was told to go to the back.

Tosser.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    God, some people have a pathological hatred of anyone that does not cycle..

:rolleyes:

I find the biggest tossers are people with a superiority complex.. You know the ones.

The "I have money so you will treat me like royalty" or the "Do you know who my father is" types.

There was one twat in the off license tonight. He was buying €400 of wine so thought it entitled him to jump the queue. He had a little rant when he was told to go to the back.

Tosser.

With a bottle of 'Yeller Tail' hangin out of his hoop:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Today.
    Fella parks in the middle of a row of 2 petrol pumps, gets out, scratches his grapes, doesn't get petrol, comes out with a coffee,sparks up a smoke and sits on the phone .Drives off.Place was packed.

Tosser.

Today.
    Fella parks in the middle of a row of 2 petrol pumps, gets out, scratches his grapes, doesn't get petrol, comes out with a coffee,sparks up a smoke and sits on the phone .Drives off.Place was packed.

Tosser.

Diesel lad maybe?

Today.

Tosser.

Grapes? Not even plums?

I prefer uber-**** myself, or even mega-****.

Has a better ring to it.

arch - Wanker sounds a bit weak.

Some people mightened even understand it.

Echt-****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

With a bottle of 'Yeller Tail' hangin out of his hoop:eek:

Back of the queue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Someone who goes on facebook to complain about receiving a parking fine because he/she parked illegally because "the car park was full"

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/national/cinema-goers-furious-after-up-to-40-were-issued-with-parking-fines/ar-AAjc4kH?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignoutmd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

gossamer wrote: »

...but enough about me. What do you think about me?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement