Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The whole Anthony Foley thing was unseemly, totally over the top, gorging. Just awful.

Agree. completely over the top.
    Foley was a real genuine,nice guy.
    But he would have been embarrassed by the whole thing if only he knew.
    And to make it worse, some of these event junkies jeered him last season when things weren't going well on the pitch.
    Total hypocrites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

People who use the expressions "totes emosh" or "totes inapprop".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

washman3 wrote: »
    Agree. completely over the top.
    Foley was a real genuine,nice guy.
    But he would have been embarrassed by the whole thing if only he knew.
    And to make it worse, some of these event junkies jeered him last season when things weren't going well on the pitch.
    Total hypocrites.

I'm sure Mr Foley was a thoroughly decent spud and nice guy, father, husband etc. But he is well down the list of 'famous Irish rugby players'.

To see the amount of grief in his untimely passing, and all the pomp that accompanied it, I fear to think what this country would do if BOD, or Robbie Keane, Roy Keane, Martin O'Neill, Jack Charlton etc etc happened to die?

Jez, we might as well shut the country down for a week or two.

And if Gaybo went.......forgot about it. Lights out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

People who were getting on their high horse over the media coverage of Anthony Foley.

A little of it was overdone, granted, but he deserves the coverage.
    He achieved a lot in his short life.
    Downplaying his achievements comes across as jealous begrudgery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Your Face wrote: »
    People who were getting on their high horse over the media coverage of Anthony Foley.

Im a huge fan of him but its the **** that were going ott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

People who were getting on their high horse over the media coverage of little Steven Gately's untimely death.

A little of it was overdone, granted, but he deserved the coverage.
    He achieved a lot in his short life. Downplaying his achievements comes across as jealous begrudgery.

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Who downplayed his achievements? Not the same as saying the coverage was OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Back on topic....

Arseholes who wander around supermarkets looking out over the tops of their glasses at everything.

Pack of cretins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lad Culture guys. Wahey Session, Dressing in there polo shirts on the beer, going to and from the bookies :mad::mad::mad:. Playing FIFA with the boys before they head out

people commenting on this MASS thing on Facebook

Grammar nazis- shoot them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

After 218 pages of this it's safe to say we're all tossers/**** one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

People who dismiss any criticism they disagree with, of anything at all, as begrudgery.

Apart from that, I heard not one person 'downplaying his achievements'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Grammar Nazis- shoot them all!

Only for capital murder. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

After 218 pages of this it's safe to say we're all tossers/**** one way or the other.

No way - only you are.

I'm a perfect human being

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

People called John who spell it 'Jon' or people called Richard who call themselves 'Ricardo'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People called John who spell it 'Jon' or people called Richard who call themselves 'Ricardo'.
    What do you have against the gays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People who think they know it all but in reality know f*ck all, to wit; ''All UFC fans are frustrated angry men''. I'd be a very casual watcher of it so it doesn't really bother me personally but to say that about literally millions of people who like it is ridiculous and ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Men who wear ankle socks or wear no socks at all while wearing shoes.

Men who wear 3/4 length trousers.

Complete tossers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

People who are too arrogant to take any kind of advice,I have the pleasure of working with one of these tossers who ignores any advice or offer of help and then fooks up or a while later proclaims a solution as if they came up with it all by themselves-"yeah buddy,I told you that 3 days ago and you ignored me".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

A topknot is right up there with the fukwit beard but getting the head near shaved and leaving a bit hanging out the top. How does that work with the barber? "Number 1 all around but leave a long strand at the top, I want to tie it up to look like a knob on top of my head."

A bit like Ledley and Bale...

That Garret Bale barnet is a sure fire tosser alert.

Fffs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

People like OP:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057670039

Completely Self absorbed, chooses to beinsulted by complements and likes telling old ladies to f*ck off in different ways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

people who dislike donald trump. whats not to like about the man.......

real men wear wigs !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭foxer3640

People who are rude to waiters/waitresses.... F***ing hate that

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Anyone who manipulates others with fine-tuned sob stories. If you don't bite you're the wanker. But on they go again, tapping others up for tea and sympathy until some poor auld eejit buys it and offers them favours or whatever they're after, because you can be guaranteed they're always after something. Biggest set of **** going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

They use the word "party" as a verb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

People who think Donald Trump is an idiot - he is no idiot folks.

And before you jump in with "but look at this **** he said" - he knew what he was doing and most of all it ****in worked exactly as planned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Anyone who ''identifies'' as something.

Came across an absolute tosser at the airport (as you often do) last week.

I was at that WHSmith newsagents getting a magazine. I was using the self service machines they have and they require you scan your boarding pass. Bit of a pain but no big deal and I can see why they ask.

Unfortunately a man in his 50s at the self service next to me didn't see it that way. He let out a big groan for everyone to hear. When a young girl came over to assist him he said in a loud voice to her "this is not a legal requirement. They shouldn't have to ask for this!" The man then left with his things in a big huff.

Not only did he make a complete ass of himself, he slated some poor young girl likely on minimum wage for a corporate decision that's completely out of her control. Utter tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

NufcNavan wrote: »

I was at that WHSmith newsagents getting a magazine. I was using the self service machines they have and they require you scan your boarding pass. Bit of a pain but no big deal and I can see why they ask.

Unfortunately a man in his 50s at the self service next to me didn't see it that way. He let out a big groan for everyone to hear. When a young girl came over to assist him he said in a loud voice to her "this is not a legal requirement. They shouldn't have to ask for this!" The man then left with his things in a big huff.

Not only did he make a complete ass of himself, he slated some poor young girl likely on minimum wage for a corporate decision that's completely out of her control. Utter tool.
    If he's travelling to another EU country it is.

• Advertisement

If he's travelling to another EU country it is.

I wasn't sure of the legalities of it all. Either way he was being a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Wait a sec, I always do that!!
    As in, not wanting to scan the boarding card
    Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

-A shiny/buffed Audi/BMW (male)
    -A white VW Tiquan/ Hyundai 4x4 (female)
    -A thumb ring (male)
    -Michael Kors bag (Female)
    -Wearing GAA clothes in a non-sporting context (both genders)
    -French manicure (female)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

foxer3640 wrote: »
    People who are rude to waiters/waitresses.... F***ing hate that

As Prime Minister, John Major used to judge people by how they treated the server.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

someone who drives a car slouched down, with one arm extended on the steering wheel and boom boom music blasting from the stereo

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Wait a sec, I always do that!!
    As in, not wanting to scan the boarding card
    Oh dear

Do you also make a complete arse of yourself while having that thought?

philstar wrote: »
    someone who drives a car slouched down, with one arm extended on the steering wheel and boom boom music blasting from the stereo

01 Corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Parchment wrote: »
    -A thumb ring (male)

Off topic but can I ask what the problem is with a french manicure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

When they shoot someone in an art gallery on live TV is a pretty good indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Self confessed leinster rugby fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Somebody who leaves their usually unfinished, McDonalds cup or Kinder Chocolate wrapper with sh*t still inside (not the toy) on a Dublin Bus seat.

There's still time before Christmas for karma to come back to such people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They'll hack up and spit it out on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

The teat at work that's been coughing the last two day and won't cover his mouth.

I said you're going to infect us all with that cough. He replied, well go home so.

I hope he gets worse over the next few days!! Sadistic I know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭6541

Puibo wrote: »
    The teat at work that's been coughing the last two day and won't cover his mouth.

I said you're going to infect us all with that cough. He replied, well go home so.

I hope he gets worse over the next few days!! Sadistic I know!!

^^^^^
    The person on boards that does duplicate posts !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Parchment wrote: »
    -A thumb ring (male)

Would wearing rugby,soccer jerseys in a non sporting context be included here?

Would wearing rugby,soccer jerseys in a non sporting context be included here?

If it's wearing Leinster Rugby, definitely.

If it's wearing Leinster Rugby, definitely.

I don't mind wearing jerseys in general but wearing them at the airport is a gripe of mine. Looks very tacky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I don't mind wearing jerseys in general but wearing them at the airport is a gripe of mine. Looks very tacky.

They're going on a plane, not the catwalks of Milan, Paris or London. They can wear what they like and whoever thinks otherwise should refer to the thread title.

Speaking of airports, ***** who take A big brown bag from Burger King (always seems to be BK and not McDonald's) onto a plane. Bastards.

• Advertisement

They're going on a plane, not the catwalks of Milan, Paris or London. They can wear what they like and whoever thinks otherwise should refer to the thread title.

I disagree. A little self respect when travelling never goes astray. Same as going into a restaurant. An airport is a destination in itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement