Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

If he's travelling to another EU country it is.

It's not a legal requirement to show a boarding pass when buying goods at an airport. The reason the shops do it is because they have a single pricing structure. They have the same price whether you're travelling in or out of the EU. However, when you scan your pass, if you are travelling outside the EU, the company can claim back the VAT on the purchase. So they make everyone scan their passes.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/passengers-not-obliged-to-show-boarding-cards-in-airport-shops-1.2314584

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/Airport-VAT-scam-What-should-I-do-if-asked-to-show-my-boarding-pass/

So the guy was right, he didn't have to show his boarding card. When he did it's just so the shop can (potentially) make more money off the transaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I don't mind wearing jerseys in general but wearing them at the airport is a gripe of mine. Looks very tacky.

But if they going to an away match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

wp_rathead wrote: »
    But if they going to an away match?

Phenomenal response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Phenomenal response.

Thanks I try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Parchment wrote: »
    -A shiny/buffed Audi/BMW (male)
    -A white VW Tiquan/ Hyundai 4x4 (female)
    -A thumb ring (male)
    -Michael Kors bag (Female)
    -Wearing GAA clothes in a non-sporting context (both genders)
    -French manicure (female)

People who judge other people just by looking at them. Nothing worse for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Carpentry wrote: »
    People who judge other people just by looking at them. Nothing worse for me.

You can't have long conversations with everybody.

You can't have long conversations with everybody.

So why to judge in first place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Speaking of airports, ***** who take A big brown bag from Burger King (always seems to be BK and not McDonald's) onto a plane. Bastards.

For my last flight it was either do that, stay hungry for about 3-4 more hours or subject myself to Ryanair's food. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Middle aged or elderly men wearing white runners and jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Speaking of airports, ***** who take A big brown bag from Burger King (always seems to be BK and not McDonald's) onto a plane. Bastards.

Is there a Mcdonalds in Dublin Airport though?

• Advertisement

So why to judge in first place ?

It's called everyday living, it's what is in our psyche, we assess stuff, people, risks, plans, actions, re actions,sights, sounds....y'know, everyday stuff.

Sometimes we are wrong, most of the time we are right, I would assess?

GAA gear, especially club gear is an identity for people. A part who they are. It show what parish they are from and that they are part of an inclusive movement which can mean so much from small communities and large.

When they are abroad it again acts as an Identity.

I think it's a hell of a lot different than a ManUTD jersey or Celtic Jersey. But again I'd have no issue with that.

Generally people who have an issue with the GAA are begrudgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Is there a Mcdonalds in Dublin Airport though?
    Only burger king as far as I remember.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Only burger king as far as I remember.

I've conducted exhaustive research on this, inside the airport, no. There is one beside it near the Topaz garage.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've conducted exhaustive research on this, inside the airport, no. There is one beside it near the Topaz garage.

It kind of narrows the choices down then.

Can't really refer to them as W****rs if they have no other choice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm a wanker for knowing what fast food is available in airports around the globe.

I don't like female senators who are rude to people who have voted them in. Claire byrne show during the week.

Eh, you might want to check your research methodology amigo. There's a McDonalds in Terminal One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anybody who wears a shirt with collar and cuffs a different color than the body of the shirt

It's called everyday living, it's what is in our psyche, we assess stuff, people, risks, plans, actions, re actions,sights, sounds....y'know, everyday stuff.

Sometimes we are wrong, most of the time we are right, I would assess?

So you're everyday living is assessing people by looking at them ?

Is there a go to website where people can look up what should they think of another person because they're looking such or such ?

Who is setting the standards/stereotypes ?

When I see people in GAA jerseys I assess that they are GAA fans, would I be wrong or right in this judgement ?

• Advertisement

I don't like female senators who are rude to people who have voted them in. Claire byrne show during the week.

Kong, the fact that you don't like them doesn't make them a tosser.

It has to be more than that,more generic.

Like that small coterie of Supermarket workers who are complete sour cretins all year and think that wearing a Christmas jumper makes them suddenly all soft and cuddly.

Obvious tossers like.....

Eh, you might want to check your research methodology amigo. There's a McDonalds in Terminal One.

Your right! I suck at this. There's one up the stairs on the right side isnt there.
    I need to find a new thing at being a wanker at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

**** who call **** '****'. They're onanists.

Your right! I suck at this. There's one up the stairs on the right side isnt there.
    I need to find a new thing at being a wanker at.

Some sour skins would suggest that being a Boards moderator means you already excel at that. Not me though.

Anyways, middle aged men wearing lycra and riding expensive bicycles for their short daily commute into the office.

But T1 is for rich posh w*****s though.

So you're everyday living is assessing people by looking at them ?

Is there a go to website where people can look up what should they think of another person because they're looking such or such ?

Who is setting the standards/stereotypes ?

When I see people in GAA jerseys I assess that they are GAA fans, would I be wrong or right in this judgement ?

For sure, for sure, I set the standards myself, no need for websites or anything like that.

If I am going home at night and I see a group of males in hoodies and trackies huddled over a couple of wine bottles I make a judgement.

Give them a wide berth.

Now they could be trainee Gardaì on undercover surveillance but I make my judgement that they are tossers and act accordingly.

It's that simples.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Anybody who wears a shirt with collar and cuffs a different color than the body of the shirt

If I am right in thinking your name represents an item of clothing that you wear, then perhaps you shouldn't comment on anything fashion related!

For sure, for sure, I set the standards myself, no need for websites or anything like that.

If I am going home at night and I see a group of males in hoodies and trackies huddled over a couple of wine bottles I make a judgement.

Give them a wide berth.

Now they could be trainee Gardaì on undercover surveillance but I make my judgement that they are tossers and act accordingly.

It's that simples.;)

Or boxing's Club night out on Christmas party ;)

For my last flight it was either do that, stay hungry for about 3-4 more hours or subject myself to Ryanair's food. :o

Shove it into your gob before you get on the plane ffs!

• Advertisement

Or boxing's Club night out on Christmas party

Yes of course, absolutely.

However I make my judgement that they are tossers and take appropriate action.

I could be right and I could be wrong.

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Thanks I try

You did well. Genuinely spat out my tea!

Middle aged or elderly men wearing white runners and jeans.

More commonly known as "American tourists".

They're **** for bringing disgusting smelling fast food into a confined space. Not for choosing burger king over McDonald's ffs. If it was either of them or KFC or subway or whatever, they'd still be ****.

They're **** for bringing disgusting smelling fast food into a confined space. Not for choosing burger king over McDonald's ffs. If it was either of them or KFC or subway or whatever, they'd still be ****.

If someone on the plane orders tuna melt sandwich is ok, because they didnt bring it in from outside ? Id rather smell burger king

If someone on the plane orders tuna melt sandwich is ok, because they didnt bring it in from outside ? Id rather smell burger king

What airline is offering Tuna melt sandwiches though , never seen it on offer , and rightly so.

• Advertisement

Puibo wrote: »
    If I am right in thinking your name represents an item of clothing that you wear, then perhaps you shouldn't comment on anything fashion related!

Yes but Bandanas are cool , just ask 1989 Axl Rose ,and allows me to easily identify other 'crips' .

While the "asshole" collar as I refer to it makes you look like a second hand car salesman

What airline is offering Tuna melt sandwiches though , never seen it on offer , and rightly so.

http://www.jet2.com/docs/pdf/inflight_menu.pdf

That is horrendous time to add Jet2 to the list of airlines never to book with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

When they park in a disabled bay with no permit leaving no spaces free for those of us that need them

That is horrendous time to add Jet2 to the list of airlines never to book with

Yeah, but when you book with travel office, you have no power over which airline they're going to use :)

• Advertisement

You're really taking this thread too seriously.

You're really taking this thread too seriously.

no, not at all, just sayin'

no, not at all, just sayin'

It's a thread for us all to have a wee bit of a whinge and a moan. Bugger off with your "logic" and "rational thought" and whatnot. :)

Knine wrote: »
    When they park in a disabled bay with no permit leaving no spaces free for those of us that need them
    Even worse is when they display a disabled parking badge that a family member or friend has lent them for the day. Disabled people who give relations their badges should have them taken off them.

Kong, the fact that you don't like them doesn't make them a tosser.

It has to be more than that,more generic.

Like that small coterie of Supermarket workers who are complete sour cretins all year and think that wearing a Christmas jumper makes them suddenly all soft and cuddly.

Obvious tossers like.....
    Still don't like her. Maybe it's because I can't understand her angry flat accent as well.

Still don't like her. Maybe it's because I can't understand her angry flat accent as well.

Hmmmm..... I'll throw you some slack, an angry flat accent might swing it.

Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Anyone who goes shopping with a rucksack in a busy shop and then proceeds to chat with somebody about something inane at the entrance blocking us non rucksack wearing shoppers from getting in or out.

Actually, anyone in the city center around xmas shopping time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Anyone who goes shopping with a rucksack in a busy shop and then proceeds to chat with somebody about something inane at the entrance blocking us non rucksack wearing shoppers from getting in or out.

Actually, anyone in the city center around xmas shopping time !

Anyone other than yourself, of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Anyone other than yourself, of course...

I'll include myself just to make sure I got everyone;)

Hmmmm..... I'll throw you some slack, an angry flat accent might swing it.

Apologies.
    Ha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement