Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info on Lanesborough estate, Finglas

Options
  • 31-08-2015 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all

We are looking to buy a house in Dublin north and have viewed a few in the lanesborough estate in the outskirts of Finglas very close to IKEA

The houses are lovely and affordable but we are a little concerned because of the reputation that Finglas generally seems to have. The estate agent have assured us the neighbourhood is quite peaceful and it does seem nice but we then read an article about Garda having to increase their presence in the neighbourhood due to local youth displaying antisocial behaviour.

Basically we would really love to hear from someone who lives or have lived in or around that neighbourhood who could tell us a little about what it is like.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Lived there for a few years very quiet bar odd blare of sirens and around playground which can have anti social issues.

Only thing of note was a grenade going off across the road but that was aimed at one individual and was isolated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It is a fine area and doesn't possess the same problems that the South of Finglas would have. You only need to stay away from Finglas South.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've lived in Lanesborough since 2006. No area is ever perfect, but it's a good place. It has certainly settled and matured since it was built. Lots of young families. Very few issues.

I haven't seen much anti-social issues in the last few years, nor an increase in Garda activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Lived in Lanesborough for a couple of years. Haven't lived there in about 4 years though so take my experience with a pinch of salt.

There were a few incidents that I heard about and 1 that I had any first hand encounter with.

Over all I never felt threatened or unsafe in my home.

The only thing that really annoyed me was one year when the bonfire on the green was too close to the trees that were there and they caught fire as well. Every year since then the fire brigade have a good handle on the situation and usually soak the wood pile the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jmos22

Paulw wrote: »
    I've lived in Lanesborough since 2006. No area is ever perfect, but it's a good place. It has certainly settled and matured since it was built. Lots of young families. Very few issues.

I haven't seen much anti-social issues in the last few years, nor an increase in Garda activity.

What's the policy on pets? Like can we have dogs if we wished? I know there is management companies so just want to check what policy is on that.?

Thanks again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Each development within the Lanesborough estate is different, and has a different management company. I think the houses are freehold with no management company. There are lots of pets around, and plenty of people walking their dogs in the park. If you drop me a PM, I might be able to help more with specifics.

Advertisement