Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock as Slayer release pretty decent song from Repentless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Thats considered a decent song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The title track is very good imo. This, not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Bambi wrote: »
    Thats considered a decent song?

Better than the other ones released off the album, IMHO. All subjective of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's not great but it's not their weakest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 dman93

If you had told me this is any other metal band I would have believed it when listning, nothing to say this is slayer to me. They have 4 good albums in my opinion and anything after South of Heaven is pretty bad maybe Season in The Abyss is ok, but this is a bad song tbh, then again i'm expecting something like reign in blood or show no mercy, but I dunno if we will ever get that fast again from any old metal bands..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Video is f*cked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

seachto7 wrote: »
    Video is f*cked up!

Danny Trejo eye gouging someone..couldnt make it up lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

The new album "Repentless" is a ****in cracker ! No jeff but holy **** Kerry King can write a serious tune ! Atrocity vendor is in top 10 slayer songs of all time in my book .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gotta agree with that, given the new album a fair few spins in the car over the last couple of weeks and it's a belter. No classics but a solid Slayer album even if it's only half of Slayer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

lord lucan wrote: »
    Gotta agree with that, given the new album a fair few spins in the car over the last couple of weeks and it's a belter. No classics but a solid Slayer album even if it's only half of Slayer.

Tis rightly fcuked up, Tom's gotta shave that beard, he looks like he swallowed a bear and left his árse hanging out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

seachto7 wrote: »
    Video is f*cked up!

Song is good but the video is a total cliché, like it was done by a bunch of adolescents after a weekend binge of slasher movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I was actually pleasantly surprised that the album was quite good. As the title of the thread suggests I wasn't expecting much based on the tracks that were available prior to the album release.

My favourite track is Take Control.

It's by no means anyway close to the glory days of Reign, South and Seasons but it's heaps better than "Jayzus Painted the Globe" or whatever the last two were called!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The new album "Repentless" is a ****in cracker ! No jeff but holy **** Kerry King can write a serious tune ! Atrocity vendor is in top 10 slayer songs of all time in my book .

Like that song too. Don't think it's quite in the top 10 though. Solid album, liking it better with every listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Title track and When the Stillness Comes are the only two sticking for me.

Take Control and Vices are filler with fairly crap lyrics. Must do a check and see how many songs mention 'society'. Nearly every one it seems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Now its out a while i must say repentless is solidly a cracker in my opinion . Been a slayer fan for 25+ years and it holds up very well . Certainly head n shoulders above what other thrash bands are bringing out these days , especially the other "big 3" ! Title song is a cracker and i cant wait to hear it live next month ! Reckon there will be a few mosher casualties :D

Advertisement