Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 31-8-2015

• 31-08-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

20150828_RawPreview_StingRollins_LIGHT_HP_tunein.jpg

Sting has returned and via WWE's Twitter page we can now confirm that The Icon will be at Raw this coming Monday!

Absent from WWE since the night after his defeat to Triple H at WrestleMania, The Vigilante surprised The Authority by appearing last Monday night and attacking WWE World Heavyweight and United States Champion Seth Rollins. Following the ambush, Sting made clear his intention to vie for “The Future of WWE’s” World Title, and moments later on the award-winning WWE Network, WWE’s irate COO announced that Sting would get an opportunity against Rollins at Night of Champions.

The Architect seems to welcome this challenge, but is his confidence misplaced? As the WWE Universe awaits Sting’s next move, what can we expect on Raw?

1. Should Rollins be afraid of Sting?

2. Who will eat a table this week?

3. What’s next for John Cena?

4. Are Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns outmatched by The Wyatt Family?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

where.... are they going using that image to hype Raw... lol
    it looks like Sting just stole Seth's last malteaser or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any chance Spike Dudley will make an appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Rollins really looks like Jon Snow in that picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

5. What is Sting doing in a world title match in 2015?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any chance Spike Dudley will make an appearance

And then Molly Holly and Hurricane and start that whole feud again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And then Molly Holly and Hurricane and start that whole feud again?

And Stacey Keibler as Duchess of Dudleyville

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

3. & 4. On that list may be related.
    Who else is being booked strong as a face to team with Reigns and Ambrose.
    Cesaro maybe?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Cesaro maybe?

Well the new Wyatt is a big guy and another certain big guy is due a face turn about now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Well the new Wyatt is a big guy and another certain big guy is due a face turn about now

Don't even joke. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

5. What is Sting doing in a world title match in 2015?

I'm all for it. It will be an awesome feel good moment, Sting deserves it and it makes logical sense that if he couldn't take out HHH, he'll take out his protege instead.

Makes perfect sense to me and I hope it happens.

Short reign will do harm at all, and Rollins will be doing double duty, giving him the perfect excuse if he does lose.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Cesaro maybe?

Samoa Joe would be a good fit.

Daniel Bryan(if he can) would be fantastic.

But it will probably be Rowan. Or Big Show :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Can hear it now at the next face off with Wyatts, Ambrose and Reigns.
    "We want Big Show" "We want Big Show" then when his music hits, the crowd goes mad.

What? It could happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Can hear it now at the next face off with Wyatts, Ambrose and Reigns.
    "We want Big Show" "We want Big Show" then when his music hits, the crowd goes mad.

What? It could happen!

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Guessing Dudleys vs TND will be a quick DQ. They're not going to give that away for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I really hope Dolph Ziggler gets his comeuppance in this one. It's a wonder Rusev isn't shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

rovert wrote: »

Becky woulda made a great presenter on Bosco

Oh look, Lana and Summer Lana are rolling around for the 5th week in a row.

God this feud just won't die :(

Guessing Charlotte will win the Beat The Clock challenge.

• Advertisement

We can always hope for Becky to be the one who does it. I will cling to my mark-dom tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

what was Summer Rae doing going into Dolph's locker room #OMFGSOSHOCKING

We can always hope for Becky to be the one who does it. I will cling to my mark-dom tonight.

First competitor never wins it though. Boo.

The Bella-tron is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Amazing how last week was great, but it's nosedived this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is ziggler a sexual predator or something now wtf was that ?

Also ryback rulez !

It's a total guilty pleasure but I am rarely not entertained by Ryback.

J. Marston wrote: »
    First competitor never wins it though. Boo.

The Bella-tron is great.
    Charlotte & Paige were selling their concern about her 3.21 victory well I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm not ashamed to say I was gutted when Ryback kicked out after the Big Show fell on him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Poor Becky

• Advertisement

Just noticed how much Bubba Ray sounds like Paul Heyman

Close your eyes and you'll hear it

I can't believe you only noticed that now man, ha ha. Buh Buh Ray is a New Yorker as well though, isn't he? I really hope these guys don't just mow through The New Day after all this.

One of those how did I not notice that moments

So long as they go through a table or 3 I'm happy with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Why does Owens shout at Cole every week to "watch me" during matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Swear to glob if Paige beats Sasha in less than 1:40 I'll be p1ssed. Sasha should win anyway.

Sasha to win and demand to be put in the title match, please.

Edit: Guess not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Dat crowd heat when Nikki came out to taunt Charlotte. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is Ziggler wearing Natalia's old tights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ah lads
    https://twitter.com/garcia_nick/status/638542655836717056

Cesaro and Owen was a pretty intelligent match for mid match trash. Big Show & Ryback was better than some people will give it credit for. The rest of Raw was boring and uninspired trash.

I was enjoying The Big Show vs. Ryback last night. I wonder is this stuff with the giant all leading towards someone retiring him in the near future or just a response to the crowds' chants. I've been thinking for a few months, might they go all the way with Rollins to pass 434?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I've been thinking for a few months, might they go all the way with Rollins to pass 434?

I can't see them keep the belt on him for another 9 ppvs, especially with Reigns & Sheamus waiting in the wings.

• Advertisement

I know you shouldn't read too much into the rules in WWE but isn't Tamina and Naomi pulling Sasha out of a pin with the ref blatantly looking a them a DQ?

How long until Strowman is easily beaten like all other guys who aren't affected by chair shots and other such attacks when they debut.

Find it stupid having a number one contender match like this for a shot at the Divas title at Night of Champions which is 3 weeks away and emphasise how long it is until Nikki beasts the record ion 2 weeks time, since she won't be defending between now and then. Some things never change.
    And surely doing a Beat the Clock challenge just emphasises how short the diva matches are. And what would happen if all 3 lost. Think was NXT that had it open for both competitors in the match to have the opportunity depending on who won.

If they were able to show Lana the video of the Summer interview and Lana saw the video of Summer coming out of Dolph's locker room, how come they couldn't show the video that shows Summer was lying?

I can't see them keep the belt on him for another 9 ppvs, especially with Reigns & Sheamus waiting in the wings.
    It was just something that crossed my mind, and kind of came to the forefront for me again this morning when I watched the rest of Raw. The babyface presentation of him during the SummerSlam match made me wonder is he going to turn soon, and also if he defeats Sting & John Cena in the same night, it wouldn't be too far beyond the realms of belief for me that they're going for another epic title reign. Having said that, I'd actually like to see Sting win the championship from him at Night Of Champions, and I'm looking forward to Sheamus cashing in. As I said somewhere else, Sheamus could be good for Reigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Find it stupid having a number one contender match like this for a shot at the Divas title at Night of Champions which is 3 weeks away and emphasise how long it is until Nikki beasts the record ion 2 weeks time, since she won't be defending between now and then. Some things never change.
    I would hope (and I am just speculating here) that there will be a title match on Raw in two weeks, right before the record would be due to be broken, to make it a possibility that she might lose the title seconds before she'd break the record. The whole countdown thing wouldn't make sense otherwise IMO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Virtanen wrote: »
    I would hope (and I am just speculating here) that there will be a title match on Raw in two weeks, right before the record would be due to be broken, to make it a possibility that she might lose the title seconds before she'd break the record. The whole countdown thing wouldn't make sense otherwise IMO

Yeap. Wonder then who the lucky challanger would be? Charlotte challanges her to an early match? Becky gets a shot? Maybe give Sasha a go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Virtanen wrote: »

not like wwe to constantly troll its own fans though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

bit of a Joke howsomeone they spoke of as a former Divas champion (Brie) was beaten in like a minute and a half etc but at least The Divas revolution angle 1) had the focus moved back to the title 2) saw a clear face and heel divide with the heel Bella's lording Nikki's title run over everyone while the faces PCB fought for the no.1 contendership, 3) a no.1 contendership that they seemed to really care about, Becky first looked annoyed when Charlotte beat her time and then Paige was distraught when she couldn't do the same (on a side note why did the match not continue, seemed weird it just ended with no match winner). O and 4) it was nice that they were able to have 3 matches without the crowd getting bored, helped hugely by there being meaning to the matches (and yes, cos they were short).

Was actually a pretty good Raw imo, the Seth double duty reveal was done well and they are obviously planting the seeds for HHH vs Seth down the line (although just taken on it's own it may have irked some in a "will you please just stop talking about HHH kinda way".

The Dudleys and New Day was fun and no doubt we will see that again although the PTPs will probably give up their place on commentary (they seem to always be there for tag matches these days) and have their rematch first.

Cesaro vs Owens was as would be expected v.good once again and Big Show vs Ryback was better than most would prob expect.

All this plus Braun Wyatt's in ring debut made this an alright Raw imo although I really have gone off Ziggler, maybe it's the forced pairing with Lana but I feel like Dolph's time as a potential star is passing him by and if anything I think a lot of people are cheering on Rusev in this one (not the American crowd in attendance though cos he's the foreign heel but in general)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Cesaro Owens are constantly entertaining. hope they dont keep it going till it becomes stale.

It felt a bit stale to me the other night. Surely Cesaro deserves to beat Kevin Owens in a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I was thinking that Cesaros rib injury seemed legit and Owens just finished the match off quickly to cover for it but who knows maybe just a good sell, suppose word would probably have got out by now if that was the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement