Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 31-8-2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I could watch them both fight for the rest of the year to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The matches have been good, but where is it going, or is it still over the U.S Title Open Challenge?

I don't really mind, nice to see some good wrestling.

Although obviously Owens is wasted without serious mic time, wish he'd feud with Heyman/Brock, or even Wyatt to a lesser extent.

Brock Lesnar would be perfect for him to feud with, as he could go hell for leather in the ring and himself and Paul Heyman would be amazing on the microphone. What are the odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Owens taking out Ryback and winning the IC title seems a good step to me.

He can hold it til Sami comes back at the Rumble and sets up their WM match :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hope Miz becomes IC champ if Seth loses his titles anytime soon, Miz is not one of my favourites bell to bell but his ability to portray a character is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

DM_7 wrote: »
    I hope Miz becomes IC champ if Seth loses his titles anytime soon, Miz is not one of my favourites bell to bell but his ability to portray a character is great.

well, he is a Hollywood A-Lister

He's proven to me that he's one of the best all-rounders in the WWE over the last year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He's proven to me that he's one of the best all-rounders in the WWE over the last year anyway.

Agreed. Miz's current gimmick suits him so well. Gained a lot more respect for him seeing how valuable he was to Tough Enough (and of course WWE use him to plug the Hogan-sized gap!). Really thought Sandow would flourish after the split but it's been the other way around.

• Advertisement

Miz is a future Hall of Famer. Love him.

Wish they'd get him to have a chat with Balor about how to get heat if he ever goes back to his Real Rock N Rolla gimmick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jaysus I forgot all about Sandow and I'm a fan of his... what a waste

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Agreed. Miz's current gimmick suits him so well. Gained a lot more respect for him seeing how valuable he was to Tough Enough (and of course WWE use him to plug the Hogan-sized gap!). Really thought Sandow would flourish after the split but it's been the other way around.
    I felt that The Miz outshone him even during their run, but that is probably unpopular.

You're dead right. His end was far harder to perform.

Miz is one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Enjoying the Miz love-in here today, great character, personality & underrated in the ring. Sure he's not Daniel Bryan but he's still at a decent level & he makes it so easy to boo him, something that can be lacking in modern day WWE. That he & Sandow didn't have their own Wrestlemania match is unforgivable in my eyes as they were the highlight of RAW for months preceding it. That Sandow was immediately relegated to doing nothing after their feud is similarly frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Miz is a future Hall of Famer. Love him.

Wish they'd get him to have a chat with Balor about how to get heat if he ever goes back to his Real Rock N Rolla gimmick.

Granted I'm not a NJPW expert, but what did this gimmick entail? Was he some sort of rock n' roll enthusiast? Given how boring he is at the moment, I just can't see it. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Enjoying the Miz love-in here today, great character, personality & underrated in the ring. Sure he's not Daniel Bryan but he's still at a decent level & he makes it so easy to boo him, something that can be lacking in modern day WWE. That he & Sandow didn't have their own Wrestlemania match is unforgivable in my eyes as they were the highlight of RAW for months preceding it. That Sandow was immediately relegated to doing nothing after their feud is similarly frustrating.

As poor as it may have been perhaps we might have had more Sandow with the Macho Mandow and Axelmania parody team had Hogan not gone all racist so I somewhat understand him doing nothing atm.

I actually think I like Mike Mizanin more than the Miz as thats who I felt was the person on Tough Talk (tough enough a little less so as then he was playing the heel judge) where he actually came across as really likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

As poor as it may have been perhaps we might have had more Sandow with the Macho Mandow and Axelmania parody team had Hogan not gone all racist so I somewhat understand him doing nothing atm.

I actually think I like Mike Mizanin more than the Miz as thats who I felt was the person on Tough Talk (tough enough a little less so as then he was playing the heel judge) where he actually came across as really likeable.

Yeah you're right about the Hogan thing & I'd absolutely keep him off telly now for a month or so. But Mandow & Axelmania I think always had a short lifespan. Think my issue was more that Sandow went from being a weekly comedy act jobber until getting on board with Miz. Suddenly you had a comedy act that grew into a serious feud that fans cared about & a midcard face ready to break out on his own. Instead they were relegated to a pre show battle royale before all progress on Sandow was undone by making him a Macho Man impersonator.

As regards Raw this week, was a fairly meh show I thought.

Granted I'm not a NJPW expert, but what did this gimmick entail? Was he some sort of rock n' roll enthusiast? Given how boring he is at the moment, I just can't see it. :confused:

Pretty much Jericho as a heel.

It wasn't bad. Still not great either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULGm0kGBPbI

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also loving the pro-Miz sentiments. Have been meaning to post for a while, but would genuinely love to see him get another run at the top of the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Cody Rhodes and The Miz are two of my favourites.

Crazy to think they put so much time into The Miz. He headlined Wrestlemania!. I think Sandow and The Miz where a perfect foil together as well. Such a damn shame they didn't get a match at wrestlemania!.

He so good at attracting heat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Double Post

Double Miz Love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Also loving the pro-Miz sentiments. Have been meaning to post for a while, but would genuinely love to see him get another run at the top of the card.

I don't think he's a good enough wrestler, he's passable but not really top level in the ring.

It's a shame because I do think he's in the top 3 on the current roster in his ability to work a crowd and draw heat. They've focused on his good points lately and he's shone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep, I'm proud of Miz how he's been able to wear others' denigrations of him and turn 'em into a positive. Like behind the scenes and publicly, Stephanie McMahon branded him in 2013 as a "utility player" who "peaked too early." I remember him responding to that saying I can do anything they put in front of me, I'm the go-to guy when they need something. Good man Miz! Way to make chicken salad out of this on-screen burial. So many others would've just threw a strop, tweeted complaints online, and wondered why they got less TV time.

In fairness, The Miz probably can sleep easy at night knowing he's walked away from the WWE with more than most guys have, even if he never wrestles in any position on any WrestleMania ever again. The guy married Maryse Oullet for cryin out loud! Really though, I'd like to see him pushed back up further in these months between now and Survivor Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've liked Miz for a long time so always good to see him get praise. He's a guy that is liked as a heel in the sense that the people don't cheer him for being a heel because they like hating him, and not in a John Cena way. True he goes for cheap heat, but like Owens, his whole character comes across as heel just through his actions and words.

I actually warmed to him when he had his face run at the end of 2012 and into 2013. It was a nice change of pace for him I thought. I think he is more suited to being a heel obviously, but I wish he came out on top in more situations. Sandow was his first one in ages.

Advertisement