Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for landlords re: "Professionals Only"

Options
  • 31-08-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm currently saving a deposit to rent somewhere in Dublin in a month or so. Most adverts say "professionals only". I work full-time but my fiance is a (mature) student in his final year in college. Would landlords be likely to refuse us on that basis? He is on BTEA but I earn enough to pay the rent alone anyways. I know it would depend on the LL but I'm just looking for a general consensus :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Once I know one of you is working full time, and references check out, I wouldn't have any issue with the situation you describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Might still be an issue for some landlords as they would consider the additional wear and tear involved in someone being around more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

athtrasna wrote: »
    Might still be an issue for some landlords as they would consider the additional wear and tear involved in someone being around more.

He's a college student so he would be out between 8-5 every day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Professionals only normally translates as no RA, no students, no one in low pay insecure employment. You may struggle more to find a place than a couple who are both working, but you may get lucky too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm a LL. if he genuinely is a mature student (ie is more like 30+ than 22) then I wouldn't have a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement