Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University Concert Hall Seating

• 01-09-2015 3:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what is the view like from the balcony in the UCH? There is a few shows close to selling out and a good few seats still in the balcony.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Can be a bit restricted in places, could be a problem if it was a play or something that uses all of the stage but for a concert you should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

View isn't fantastic tbh. I usually am in the left balcony if I go to comedy shows there and although it doesn't bother me, the view is at sort of a weird angle. As the above poster says, for some things it's grand (comedy, music with very little staging, etc), but I would imagine plays could be a problem, especially if they use the very side of the stage and you're far back in the balcony.

I think the website has a facility where you can click on the seating plan and see a view from one of the seats? Can't remember how to get to it right now, but definitely remember seeing it before.

Ultimately, if it's an act/performance you really want to see and balcony is your only option, I wouldn't let it put you off going. It's not so bad as to ruin the experience, but depending on the type of act you may be better off down on the ground.

Advertisement