Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Boots

Options
  • 01-09-2015 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I'm heading to Electric Picnic this weekend so I am looking to get myself some walking boots that would be suitable. I will probably never wear them again once the electric picnic has finished, so I am not looking to break the bank. Does anyone know anywhere in Portlaoise I could pick up a suitable pair of walking boots for Electric Picnic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Thought about wearing wellies but I am going to be in them all day so I would be looking for something a bit more comfortable than wellies.

Below is a link to what I am looking for?

http://www.karrimor.com/karrimor-ksb-explore-d30-mens-walking-boots-182447

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Lidl or Aldi sometimes do various types of boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Try shoe zone or heatons.

• Advertisement

There's a tk maxx in Portlaoise. You'll probably get Karrimor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You should be able to get a basic pair of hiking outdoor boots in a sports store. Also, try a workman's supply store and they should have something that will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Sean_pop wrote: »
    Thought about wearing wellies but I am going to be in them all day so I would be looking for something a bit more comfortable than wellies.

Below is a link to what I am looking for?

http://www.karrimor.com/karrimor-ksb-explore-d30-mens-walking-boots-182447[/QUOTE
    They'd be grand. As already said, try TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

was in TK Maxx yesterday and they had a pair for women but not men. Will give heatons a today.

If all goes to all I might just wear runners as the weather is to be pretty dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Heatons/Sportsworld sell the karrimor line and they're cheap and cheerful you'll pick up a pair of boots for €30-40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

You post in the Outdoor Pursuits section, under the title Walking Boots, and your looking for a throwaway pair of shoes to go to EP, epic ;)

I recommend these:
    https://www.scarpa.com/phantom-8000

You will get a pair for about €1000.
    They will probably last at least 10 EP's.

Advertisement