Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC history appeals

• 01-09-2015 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Viewed my scripts at weekend and it turns out I got 440 marks, 88%, meaning I was 10 marks off an A1.

Anyways, what I'm wondering is, do you think it's possible to be upgraded 10 marks in a history paper?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was there anywhere on the paper you think you were not given marks for an answer which should have been given marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 soccerjh97

There's a few answers where I got say 8/10, where it could easily be 9:10.

what I really mean is, would an examiner try and help get the 10 extra or is there any point at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

soccerjh97 wrote: »

what I really mean is, would an examiner try and help get the 10 extra or is there any point at all?

They will stick to the marking scheme. It's worth a try but it's not like they deliberately didn't give you marks in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

soccerjh97 wrote: »

Nope. Zero chance of this happening. If that was the case all a student would have to do is go through all of their papers in August, send back all the ones close to the next grade and bam, upgrade. It would be unfair on students who didn't send them back.

You will only be given extra marks if there was something in your paper that didn't get marks that should have got marks. There is no marks awarded for sympathy in any of the marking schemes.

Advertisement