Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Jogger puncture

Options
  • 01-09-2015 9:46am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone happen to have a Baby Jogger Summit and know how to remove the front wheel from the forks so that you could fix a puncture?

The wheel axle has a couple of alen key bolts on either end, but that obviously just spins around and I couldn't figure out which way to be turning each end to try and undo it. Didn't want to go the wrong way either and end up over tightening it. Nothing as complicated as how to fix a puncture in the user manuals and I cannot find anything online about the front wheel, other than fixing the tracking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Did you attach an allen key to both sides at the same time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

lgk wrote: »
    Did you attach an allen key to both sides at the same time?

Yep.

Both sides spin round together. I cannot see any obvious other screws to remove around the axel, and trying turning the allen keys in opposite directions without too much force doesn't budge. I tried both opposites as well.

I did just find this video for a similar model, which seems to have a screw holding the axel in by the look of it, but it is a different construction in the Summit model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBZ1xil10KQ

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

If both allen nuts turn together, then it's time for more force :-) As you look side on, just ensure you're turning the one you're looking at anti-clockwise. Impact driver would be ideal to loosen stubborn threads, alternatively, try some penetrating oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

When you get it changed make sure to stick some "stans no tube" into it - works like magic on buggy's and the like

GetImage.ashx?Path=%7e%2fAssets%2fProductImages%2fST0032-Tire_Sealant-2oz-single.jpg&maintainAspectRatio=true&maxHeight=400&maxWidth=400

Advertisement