Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for a plasterer

Options
  • 01-09-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

What's the going rate for a plaster these days?

I got a quote of 2200 for two plasterers to do about 5-6 days work, mostly inside, I want to know if this is reasonable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Jimmy_M

The way id look at it is....Whether they're self employed o whatever - either way... after they pay tax/overheads on that (assuming they are) - they're taking home 5 or 600 for a weeks work.... I doubt you'd get it any cheaper.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

murph226 wrote: »
    What's the going rate for a plaster these days?

I got a quote of 2200 for two plasterers to do about 5-6 days work, mostly inside, I want to know if this is reasonable?

How do we answer that?
    What is the m2 to be plastered?
    And how do you know how long it will take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Sorry I should have mentioned, they told me there was 5-6 days work, I'll work out the M2 tomorrow and get back to you, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

15/hr
    You supply materials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

J DEERE wrote: »
    15/hr
    You supply materials

Plus another 5€hr If you want the walls half straight !!!
    You won't get a good plasterer for less than at least 150€ a day
    I'm not saying price is an indication of quality either I've met some who think a feathered edge is something you'd find in an aviary.
    A good one that's self employed busy an recommended would be pricing jobs at around 150€-200€ a day labour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement