Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhoneWatch Price Increase - Alternative Monitoring?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I understand that a customer would need to clear this up. Advice has been offered on this thread about who to contact about it. It's a long list as it is and possibly a little early for some of the suggestions.

Remember again many users here are direct competitors of phonewatch and we can't give legal advice here.

I agree this is a potential issue, but that is all it is at the moment. There might be an explanation. I can think of some already but won't be drawn into speculation, and we can't validate every post.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

stuartkee wrote: »
    Also €35 a month is double what most smaller companies will monitor an alarm for.

Looked at my direct debit debits online and it looks like it's gone up to €38 per month.
    :eek:

Time to save more for that new system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you get prior notification of the increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

KoolKid wrote: »
    Did you get prior notification of the increase?

Nope, I only noticed it when I checked my banking. I have only received one letter from them and that was after the recent engineer call out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I could be wrong here, but I thought any changes to fixed charges taken by direct debit had to be notified in writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

amadablam wrote: »
    Nope, I only noticed it when I checked my banking. I have only received one letter from them and that was after the recent engineer call out.

I though it had to be notified in advance so you can cancel if the price does not suit you. If you ring them they will more than likely revert to the old price.

Advertisement