Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents of Lismore Park!

Options
  • 01-09-2015 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Where's ye're balls?

Water meters being installed in Comeragh Green / Lawn and not a resident in sight!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

They are probably all at work

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Maybe they're happy with the application of water charges. Not really a question of balls is it?

Feel free to demonstrate and protest but if another has differing thoughts on the matter that is their right and they're not answerable to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

It's called democracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

dzilla wrote: »
    They are probably all at work

At this stage of their lives the majority are probably senile decrepit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

OP there is prob some people in work and parents bringing kids home from school etc, my observation when Irish water came to my estate a few weeks ago to install water meters, I drove out my car over the stopcock, myself and another neighbour knocked on a few doors to let people know Irish water were in the estate, a good few people also parked out their cars over the stopcocks so Irish water couldn't install water meters, what surprised me was some people who I would of calculating would of passively let the meters be installed actually didn't let them be installed , the gardai drove around the estate a few times watching everything but didn't intervene at all, Irish water mainly got meters installed outside houses where there was no one home.

The only interaction between the meter installers and some of the residents was no meter wanted at this house, the blonde girl working for Irish water just said, they d move onto the next house, no abuse from either side .

OP water meter installation or no water meter installation , 1st bills were 57% non payment, 2nd bills likely to be higher, & this past weekend the march in Dublin was still able to bring out 80.000 + on the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Seriously, what are they supposed to do? Leave their houses to give out to installers? I've spoken to one a few weeks ago while he was on break. Even he claimed he didn't pay his charges but he was lucky to have the chance to work. Don't cause grief to someone who's just trying to earn a living.

You could write a letter or join one of the groups against the water charges. There was even a protest in Dublin on Saturday. There are plenty of other ways to channel your dislike, please don't take it out on people who are already getting enough hate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Another completely pointless thread that serves no purpose or worthwhile discussion.

Your posting lately is heading towards trolling. Give it a rest.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement