Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scania or Volvo?

Options
  • 01-09-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Everyone.

Time has come to buy a new truck.
    Will be a 161 reg we are buying.

Have been using Volvo for the past few years and find nothing wrong with them but would consider Scania.

What are the pros and cons of each?
    Just looking for some peoples views as the Sales man tells me what he wants me to hear.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any particular models in mind?
    Both are Swedish and have a good rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Nothing between them. Personal preference. I prefer the volvo though. I think Volkswagen purchased scania but don't quote me on that

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scania_AB#Scania_ownership_today
    The two major stockholders of Scania AB (publ) are:

The German automotive company Volkswagen AG is Scania's biggest shareholder, with a 70.94% voting stake (equity) in Scania.[16] It gained this by first buying Volvo's stake in 2000, after the latter's aborted takeover attempt, increasing it to 36.4% in the first quarter 2007,[17] and then buying the remainder from Investor AB in March 2008.[18] The deal was approved by regulatory bodies in July 2008.[15] Scania then became the ninth marque in the Volkswagen Group.[19]
    The German truck manufacturer MAN SE holds a 17.37% voting stake in Scania.[16] Notably, Volkswagen AG[15] also owns 75.03% of MAN.[20]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

What kind of truck is it? Tractor unit or rigid?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tractaholic

Thanks for the responses.
    It will be an Artic Unit.
    Currently have an FH12 460 Volvo.
    Was looking at the new FH16 at around 600hp mark and he equivalent Scania.

• Advertisement
Advertisement