Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a place to stay

Options
  • 01-09-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone! I just got this country a week ago and I need a new place to stay. My name is Bruno Maio and I am a 24 years old brazilian guy who is here to improve my english (I stutter sometimes). I have enough money to pay for rent form 9 months or so as long as it is not an insane amount even in this insane housing market. I do intend to get a job but first I need AIB to cooperate. In any case, I only intend to stay in Dublin for 6 months so there is that.
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong board or anything...
    ps. If you can't have me but knows someone who does, I'd appreciate it so much if you could give me a heads up!
    Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Daft.ie would be the main renting/letting website.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Myhome.ie is another popular site.

They have Sharings listings, if you are ok with sharing a house or an apartment with others. That may be a better option for you, as you don't have a job and you can not commit to the standard 12 month lease which is the norm here. If you want to rent somewhere by yourself, landlords usually often want to see proof of employment to prove that you will be able to pay your rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brumaio

I'm totally ok with sharing a room! That is to be expected in such a crowded city. What I can't handle is sharing a tiny room with 2 bunk beds barely apart which is what see the most around people offering on facebook.
    Nobody on daft.ie answers me and myhome.ie is too expensive.
    Honestly everyday has been a strugle for me not to take a plane home out of desperation and frustration. It's tough having depression in this situacion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you are emailing people on Daft, don't. Phone them. I've never got a good response rate by emailing people.

Advertisement