Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

VG31 wrote: »

Finally! Thought this route would be launched this year to be honest. Gone from just EI on this route this summer to EI, FR and A3 for summer 2016! Like CPH it could get interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ORD - (11 weekly) - 12 weekly eff 7 Apr, 13 weekly eff 6 Oct
    BDL - 4 weekly eff 28 Sep, Daily eff 6 Oct
    LAX - (org released at 5 but ORD takes a slot) 4 weekly eff 4 May
    EWR - 1 Daily eff 1 Sep
    BOS - 2 Daily
    JFK - 2 Daily
    SFO - 1 Daily
    YYZ - 1 Daily
    IAD - (4 weekly 332) - 5 weekly 752 eff 4 May, 5 weekly 330 eff 28 Sept
    MCO - (4 weekly) - 3 weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

EI have cancelled there Copenhagen service. Mind you with fr sas and nax on it it was only a matter of time before someone blinked

Razor44 wrote: »
    EI have cancelled there Copenhagen service. Mind you with fr sas and nax on it it was only a matter of time before someone blinked

EI never been fussed by it this is third? cancellation, they couldn't manage against SK before DY/FR came along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looks like AC Rouge are planning a Vancouver service
    http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/25/zx-yvrdub-s16update1/?utm_source=hootsuite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Razor44 wrote: »

Loads were crap even with A319, schedule was a bit random as well

So who will go after SAS to ARN?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Air Canada Rouge 3 weekly to Vancouver,another missed trick by EI as they were seriously considering it.

Looks like AC Rouge are planning a Vancouver service
    http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/25/zx-yvrdub-s16update1/?utm_source=hootsuite
    Bussywussy wrote: »
    Air Canada Rouge 3 weekly to Vancouver,another missed trick by EI as they were seriously considering it.

Confirmed: http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=953

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Stobart's application for subsidised service between Carlisle and Dublin was successful, confirmed today by UK Government. Don't have any timelines yet but it will be a daily return service

Edit: also Carlisle to Belfast International! Strange route, doesn't really 'go' anywhere at either end. I'd be surprised if there is much origin-destination demand, but Stobart seem to think so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Not necessarily, as EI have shown they are not afraid to go onto a route with a competitor. I'm sure there are 3/4 routes ahead of it in their list.

Dallas/Houston
    Miami
    Philadelphia
    Seattle

Although this could change things but aircraft availability is the issue and a cautious growth strategy.

arubex wrote: »
    Stobart's application for subsidised service between Carlisle and Dublin was successful, confirmed today by UK Government. Don't have any timelines yet but it will be a daily return service

Edit: also Carlisle to Belfast International! Strange route, doesn't really 'go' anywhere at either end. I'd be surprised if there is much origin-destination demand, but Stobart seem to think so...

Can't wait to see how that one works out. No routes operating from Carlisle at the moment.

Anyone from Carlisle wanting to travel by air it's 1hr20 to Newcastle Airport by road , 2hr20 by rail, same to Manchester by rail. But is there pent up demand to satisfy a daily flight to Dublin and Belfast? I suppose if they are still flying to Doncaster/Sheffield airport there's hope for services to these very small airports

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

June to October only as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Can't wait to see how that one works out. No routes operating from Carlisle at the moment.

Anyone from Carlisle wanting to travel by air it's 1hr20 to Newcastle Airport by road , 2hr20 by rail, same to Manchester by rail. But is there pent up demand to satisfy a daily flight to Dublin and Belfast? I suppose if they are still flying to Doncaster/Sheffield airport there's hope for services to these very small airports

Its a good route for a holiday trip to the Lake District.

Manchester and Liverpool are about the same distance, but a pain to get to the Lake District from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Ryanair have announced increased frequency to Liverpool from Dublin for Summer 2016.

City wing have been approved for subsidy(PSO) to fly Derry to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lc180

Any idea when that might possibly start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Will that not impact on the Donegal to Dublin PSO as surely similer users?

lc180 wrote: »
    Any idea when that might possibly start?

Twice daily starting April 2016

An hour and 40 mins drive between the two airports for a start, UK government is funding this one just like the new Carlisle to Dublin PSO route, separate State PSO's that they are happy to fund as they 1) provide a vital service 2) provide business to small airports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Barely if at all. Didn't impact it the last time there were two.

It takes roughly the same time to drive from CFN to LDY than it takes to drive from BFS to DUB; as an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

will it be on the let 410?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

will it be on the let 410?

Presumably so. I wonder if they'll try for an EI codeshare for some routes? I'd imagine that would nearly boost the route into profitability, although maybe that's just wishful thinking for such a small route.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Just noticed this on the Aer Lingus website, I assume it's some sort of connection flight or mistake? Can't seem to be able to find any flights for it either. Bahrain is visible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Noxegon

That's probably their code share with Etihad – the Abu Dhabi flight continues to Muscat.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

man98 wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll try for an EI codeshare for some routes?

I could see very legitimate reasons for EI not wanting their code on an LET410 operated flight. However, its about all that could possibly guarantee the routes survival - these aren't PSOs, they're part funding for airport and navigation charges only. Airline still has the other part and full staffing, fuel and airframe costs.

American increasing capacity on the Chicago run from next August from a 767 to a 777.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

American increasing capacity on the Chicago run from next August from a 767 to a 777.

WOW! :)

Well this will give stand planners a big headache....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Can I ask where you got this info from? ☺️

Advertisement