Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Well this will give stand planners a big headache....

The kind of problem any airport operator would love to have.

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got this info from? ☺️

Here
    American Airlines hosted trade and media in The Shelbourne hotel. David Thomas, regional director for Ireland, Britain, Middle East and Africa (pictured), said American’s B777 Dublin-Chicago route, which launches in August 2016, will be a triple class service, an indication that the airline performed well in the Irish market last year, even with additional wide-body routes. David called American the largest airline in the world based on the number of aircraft (1,527) and its 7,000 daily departures, “five times the number of flights that London Heathrow operates a day”.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Wow Air to go daily next summer with new routes via KEF to toronto, vancouver montreall and onto LAX an san francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

andy_g wrote: »
    Wow Air to go daily next summer with new routes via KEF to toronto, vancouver montreall and onto LAX an san francisco.

I think that you'll find that it is a daily flight to Keflavik from Dublin with separate connecting flights to those destinations.

I think it's important to make that distinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

lxflyer wrote: »
    I think that you'll find that it is a daily flight to Keflavik from Dublin with separate connecting flights to those destinations.

Agreed. That would be like implying every new Delta route from JFK or Atlanta that depart a couple of hours after arrivals from Dublin are "new Dublin routes" because of their convenient connections

• Advertisement

The key word is "VIA" and that's why Andy wrote it that way.

andy_g wrote: »

WOW air are also looking for an additional base outside Iceland to hub through due to Keflaviks tiny capacity and huge demand from Iceair etc. The airport can't keep pace with demand and may lose out, they are considering basing their A330's at this new base.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

American increasing capacity on the Chicago run from next August from a 767 to a 777.

That will be nice the 767 is almost as venerable as the AA Flight Crew that grumpily staff it! That said I prefer the 767 to TA 757's such as AA on DUB CLT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

WOW air are also looking for an additional base outside Iceland to hub through due to Keflaviks tiny capacity and huge demand from Iceair etc. The airport can't keep pace with demand and may lose out, they are considering basing their A330's at this new base.

2 of the A330's are being leased by a Irish company, i cant confirm or deny that there maybe on of those on the dublin routings

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The key word is "VIA" and that's why Andy wrote it that way.

I know that - but is that any different than BA offering a flight to Johannesburg via London Heathrow?

No one would report that as BA flying from Dublin to Johannesburg via London - it's a connection via London Heathrow.

• Advertisement

I know that - but is that any different than BA offering a flight to Johannesburg via London Heathrow?

No one would report that as BA flying from Dublin to Johannesburg via London - it's a connection via London Heathrow.

I agree, it's the way WOW air and others announce their routes.

Anyway I think the important bit is the increase to DAILY.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Early EI to JFK service is back for June,July and August

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Early EI to JFK service is back for June,July and August

Any idea what aircraft? Presumably its one of the SNN 757s and something subbing there again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Noxegon

And more importantly, the daytime return. Good news.

"Operated by A S L Airlines Irl For Aer Lingus Boeing 757"

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hardly bringing back the hated 767?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There are actually 4 757's now

4th is in Shannon currently getting a major check

There are actually 4 757's now

4th is in Shannon currently getting a major check

Is that not to run IAD over the summer no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Hardly bringing back the hated 767?

Possibly, but doubt it will be Omni. EI were disappointed with the service last summer.

b757 wrote: »
    Possibly, but doubt it will be Omni. EI were disappointed with the service last summer.

EI were, or the passengers? EI knew well what OMNI were and their service. How many times did they hire them in temporarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

b757 wrote: »

Honestly dont think it would bother EI in the slightest if they were to use Omni again, the majority of people dont know what aircraft they're going on when booking flights, EI know this

• Advertisement

Transavia France going Double daily next year to Orly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

*FR frantically try to get ORY slots*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Fantastic news on Orly. Anything that avoids CDG or BVA is a win in my book.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Jack1985 wrote: »
    *FR frantically try to get ORY slots*

Not interested in Orly, its CDG he's after, they've already gotten 15 daily slots approved for therep

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

This will go from strength to strength I think. Twice daily is great for connections to long haul, and for business passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Excellent news, the times before weren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

billie1b wrote: »
    Not interested in Orly, its CDG he's after, they've already gotten 15 daily slots approved for therep

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/38348-ryanair-applies-for-paris-orly-slots ... They weren't given any ORY slots for which they applied (lucrative for French domestics), and were given 15 slots at CDG of which none are early slots ruling out most options for business travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Yeah Orly seems to be the preferred airport of the two for FR. Sure it was only in the past few months that they were dismissing they'd ever go to CDG. Of course things change though.

They may very well release these slots in the same way they gave back slots they won at CPH and AMS for a couple of years before finally deciding to start operations there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

it would be great if EasyJet started operating from dublin, fares to the european sun destinations in the summer are a joke from Dublin compared to the uk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ORY increase to 12 weekly effective 14 April, 07.55 departure Mon-Fri in additional to the 19.55. Early Saturday/Late Sunday same as last summer.

Advertisement