Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Idbatterim wrote: »
    it would be great if EasyJet started operating from dublin, fares to the european sun destinations in the summer are a joke from Dublin compared to the uk...

They would be hunted out in a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

School holidays in the UK compared to Ireland would be a big factor. You take a sun holiday from the UK in August and you will pay scary prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

I've seen from previous posts that people here know the Airplane make that is going to be flown on a particular route.

How can someone find out what Airplane make is being flown for all flights on a particular route.

I would like to be able to choose a flight by Airline make as well as price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

rigmaroll wrote: »
    I've seen from previous posts that people here know the Airplane make that is going to be flown on a particular route.

How can someone find out what Airplane make is being flown for all flights on a particular route.

I would like to be able to choose a flight by Airline make as well as price etc.

Most airlines display the planned equipment when you click of flight number or view seat map. If you have a route in mind I'm sure you will get the answer here.

You can also check the history of the flight (Over the previous week) on Flightradar24, just input the flight number and you can get it (On a desktop). This isn't always reliable data to go by though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

it would be great if EasyJet started operating from dublin, fares to the european sun destinations in the summer are a joke from Dublin compared to the uk...

4/1 odds on MOL head exploding if they even tried!

Good budget airline though. Use them a few times a year and never any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've got to say the handful of times I have used Easyjet I have never failed to be impressed. First time I used them was a last minute job from EDI to LGW like booked 4 hours in advance.. no apps back then and no printer available and was stressing that i'd be charged an arm and a leg Ryanair style (being braintrained to loco ways and means) to get a boarding pass printed... no worries folks on the desk were friendly and no charge.. on the flight staff were great and dealt with a situation with some pissed up Essex boys with good skill and authority and since I've found them great value and the staff are very good too... seats are cramped as **** mind but you cant get it every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭aviator7

Flew with them this year as well, quite impressed too.

I think it would annoy Aerlingus as much as it would Ryanair. Easyjet seems to sit in between the two as far as service level goes, in my experience.

Was it cork they flew to, before EI and FR priced them off the route?

Easy jet flew to Cork, Shannon and Knock and Ryanair priced them off alll 3 routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Lockheed

heard news that for christmas BA are sending in a 772 for extra demand - is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Thanks to Jamie and Carnacall for previous replies.

I keep a flight database and I use this thread to keep up with new and deleted routes from Dublin airport.

Does anyone know if Dublin to Ibiza route with Aerlingus has been dropped.

No flights are coming up on their website.

Thanks

Hmm seems to be dropped.

The Wikipedia listings are usually fairly comprehensive.

DAA forecasting growth for 2016 in the VERY HIGH teens. Potentially taking Dublin to 29.5 million passengers !!!!

Don't ask for a link none exists. This is word on the street (a very accurate street).

Is there more routes expected?
    Hopefully they will also increase the security capacity too.

Oh before you flame me, no one predicted 25 million for this year (15% growth), well one did and hats off to him I thought it was very optimistic.

10% growth next year would see 27.5 m, transavias announcement is good for 137,000 seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Is 30million passengers optimistic for 5 years time ?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Is there more routes expected?
    Hopefully they will also increase the security capacity too.

Nothing confirmed as of yet but rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

DAA forecasting growth for 2016 in the VERY HIGH teens. Potentially taking Dublin to 29.5 million passengers !!!!

Don't ask for a link none exists. This is word on the street (a very accurate street).

even 10% would be 27.5 million... High teens though?! I mean I hope they are right, for several reasons, but that would be unbelievable growth given the jump we have had this year!
    Is 30million passengers optimistic for 5 years time ?

we will break 30 million before end of 2017. 2 years of 9. something ish % passenger growth year on year, will see to that. I reckon that percentage is erring on the low side, at that!

even 10% would be 27.5 million... High teens though?! I mean I hope they are right, for several reasons, but that would be unbelievable growth given the jump we have had this year!

we will break 30 million before end of 2017. 2 years of 9. something ish % passenger growth year on year, will see to that. I reckon that percentage is erring on the low side, at that!

I assume their figures are based on what the airlines are telling them they are going to add seats wise so it'll all depend on what seats are bought in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭esposito

Anyone think Norwegian will fly to the US from here like they're doing in the UK from LGW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

rigmaroll wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Dublin to Ibiza route with Aerlingus has been dropped.

No flights are coming up on their website.

Thanks

The last couple of years the Ibiza flight schedule hasn't been finalized until closer to the summer, I believe - the flights certainly weren't showing online until closer to the summer anyway, I remember. You might be able to see the flights getting closer to peak season (early June - late September).

I'd be surprised if it had been dropped, I've done the flight quite a few times and it always seems pretty much at capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

esposito wrote: »
    Anyone think Norwegian will fly to the US from here like they're doing in the UK from LGW?
    I don't see it happening in the next few years, but it's not impossible. Dublin is becoming more and more of a "hub" of cities in the USA, so I can see it happening, but not until 2018 or 2019 or so.

God I wish they would fly to Vegas, I read earlier that Germanwings are flying from Cologne from summer 2016, twice a week! That airport has less than 10,000,000 PAX last year!

I wish Aer Lingus werent so bloody conservative. They could put flights on for the summer months several times a week, they would get a lot of people routing via the uk too!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Lockheed

God I wish they would fly to Vegas, I read earlier that Germanwings are flying from Cologne from summer 2016, twice a week! That airport has less than 10,000,000 PAX last year!

I wish Aer Lingus werent so bloody conservative. They could put flights on for the summer months several times a week, they would get a lot of people routing via the uk too!

Belfast International had a Vegas (with VA) route this summer afaik and Dublin still hasn't.. it's really ridiculous

Belfast International had a Vegas (with VA) route this summer afaik and Dublin still hasn't.. it's really ridiculous
    yeah I think its only one or two flights over the entire summer... But I am sick of having to route through other airport to get there, dublin cant expand quick enough as far as I am concerned, hopefully more and more direct routes will open so that we dont have to transit through other hubs as Dublin it appears is going to become a significant enough hub over the next few years...

Lockheed wrote: »
    heard news that for christmas BA are sending in a 772 for extra demand - is this true?

Yes and rumour of a first time type visitor from a US airline

6 flights to Las Vegas infact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Carnacalla wrote: »
    6 flights to Las Vegas infact.

Hardly that much to talk about though - that's effectively a charter kind of operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Las Vegas is primarily a leisure destination so, from Aer Lingus's point of view, the potential yield from such a route would, I assume, have to be compared against those with a mix of business and leisure pax. Apart from BA and Virgin, the European carriers that serve LAS are all low fare/former charter operators whose aircraft are probably in pretty high-density configuration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Las Vegas is primarily a leisure destination so, from Aer Lingus's point of view, the potential yield from such a route would, I assume, have to be compared against those with a mix of business and leisure pax. Apart from BA and Virgin, the European carriers that serve LAS are all low fare/former charter operators whose aircraft are probably in pretty high-density configuration.

From the Vegas flights i've been on the aircraft have always been full, from first/business class to economy. Speaking to a friend who works for BA, the LAS route is one of the busiest for them in all classes, he was saying that most days there is no seats available in first/business on the aircraft.

Advertisement