Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Business would often be fairly full due to convention traffic.

Virgin price very competitively from Ireland - I know of people who have flown LGW-DUB to get a cheap J DUB-LGW-LAS flight and then burnt the last sector on the way back - this was saving them about £500 each even with the extra flight, a hotel night and a night on the town in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Vegas flights are full of business passengers. It's very rare a week goes by without a convention of some sort in vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Appears Vueling could be next to jump on DUB-ORY route...could be Euro 16 related.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Lockheed wrote:
    heard news that for christmas BA are sending in a 772 for extra demand - is this true?

Did this happen?

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Did this happen?

No

• Advertisement

DL plan to put A333 on ATL as well as JFK next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    DL plan to put A333 on ATL as well as JFK next summer.

Summer 2016 or 2017?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Summer 2016 or 2017?

2016 from 5 April and JFK from 4 May after the few weeks off between 27 March-3 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davebuck

Travel Extra are saying more new routes to be announced for Dublin before March and also possible 2 long haul airlines to announce 2 new routes to the Middle East and Asia in 2017.....Any ideas of airlines and destinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Middle East could only be QR/Doha; Asia would likely be either Beijing or Shanghai with a based carrier. Both rumours have been around for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Extra flights to Gatwick from Summer 2016

I'd guess that the passenger growth for Ryanair at Dublin Airport now makes it the biggest airline at the airport although one would have expected them to explicitly crow about it if they were.
    Ryanair has announced more flights from Dublin to London.

The airline says the service to Gatwick will operate seven times a day from March.

It currently operates five flights a day on the Dublin to Gatwick route.

Ryanair says it will deliver 12 million customers to Dublin Airport this year.

Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said: "We are pleased to announce extra flights from Dublin to London Gatwick, as part of our expanded Summer 2016 schedule, with 85 routes in total, which includes three new routes to Athens, Amsterdam and Vigo.

"Ryanair will deliver 12 million customers at Dublin Airport next year and has single handedly delivered 60% of the total passenger growth at Dublin Airport in 2015."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I'd guess that the passenger growth for Ryanair at Dublin Airport now makes it the biggest airline at the airport although one would have expected them to explicitly crow about it if they were.

I am fairly certain I read earlier, that Ryanair expects to have 16,000,000 dublin passengers next year, an incredible number!

They are not the largest and wont have 16,000,000 this year. They may overtake EI this year however as things stand EI bigger in summer, FR bigger in winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

L1011 wrote: »
    Middle East could only be QR/Doha; Asia would likely be either Beijing or Shanghai with a based carrier. Both rumours have been around for years.

I dont think China will be likely considering their economy is tanking and it is quite expensive for Europeans compared to 3/4 years ago. There isnt even great connection flights in mainland China compared to Singapore or HK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They are not the largest and wont have 16,000,000 this year. They may overtake EI this year however as things stand EI bigger in summer, FR bigger in winter.

Nearly sure FR have carried more pax than EI in DUB over the last couple of years. Nearly sure I seen it posted on boards. Maybe Tenger might know, he's usually good at that

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I am fairly certain I read earlier, that Ryanair expects to have 16,000,000 dublin passengers next year, an incredible number!
    Think the number given was 12 million pax this year through DUB

pclive wrote: »
    Think the number given was 12 million pax this year through DUB

Nope 13.1 million across Ireland and you have SNN at 1.3 million, NOC at 550,000, KIR 200,000, ORK at 600,000 (rough est) which leaves around 10.5 million at DUB in 2015.

2016 should see DUB increase from 10.5 to somewhere around 11.7 million.
    Nearly sure FR have carried more pax than EI in DUB over the last couple of years. Nearly sure I seen it posted on boards. Maybe Tenger might know, he's usually good at that

Capacity would suggest not but they should become number 1 with capacity this year at least should know in March what the state of play is.

When they are top carrier I think we will know about it, MOL won't leave an opportunity to have a dig at EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

When they are top carrier I think we will know about it, MOL won't leave an opportunity to have a dig at EI.
    Jamie2k9 is offline Report Post
    Top dog? they carried 101,000,000 last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sure that wasnt inc. Domestic pax?

From Dublin only...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

AA ORD changed from 777 to 330.

LeakRate wrote: »

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

LeakRate wrote: »

That presumably is an exUS 330 with Cirrus J class seats.

When I look at the timetable those AA flights depart and arrive at busy times of the day.

Airlines should be actively incentivised to fly larger planes in to Dublin(with respect to the limits of the runway) with lower passenger charges.
    737-max should have lower passenger charge than 737-800, A321 less than A319, 777 less than A330 etc...
    I wouldn't mean that smaller planes are actively penalised vis-a-vis current landing\passenger charges.

Dublin should present itself as the lowest cost location an airline can fly in to where profits can be made as airplanes are by their nature highly mobile.
    Those who can't exploit the low cost shouldn't be "dogs in the manager" taking up expensive terminal and runway space at busy times of the day.

737max wrote: »
    When I look at the timetable those AA flights depart and arrive at busy times of the day.

Airlines should be actively incentivised to fly larger planes in to Dublin(with respect to the limits of the runway) with lower passenger charges.
    737-max should have lower passenger charge than 737-800, A321 less than A319, 777 less than A330 etc...
    I wouldn't mean that smaller planes are actively penalised vis-a-vis current landing\passenger charges.

Dublin should present itself as the lowest cost location an airline can fly in to where profits can be made as airplanes are by their nature highly mobile.
    Those who can't exploit the low cost shouldn't be "dogs in the manager" taking up expensive terminal and runway space at busy times of the day.

But when you are flying an aircraft in that's capable of holding 210 passengers instead of 140 and you only fill 130 of those seats an airline won't fly in the bigger plane when it could use it on another route and put in 200. What's the landing charge for those type of aircraft ? What's the potential saving by using a larger plane ?

Anyway Aer Lingus are looking at using their A330's to fly to London, Paris, Rome and Madrid I'm led to believe in the early morning to combine flights and increase capacity. They intend having the 2nd flights to JFK,BOS,ORD later in the evening to provide this ability.

Anyway Aer Lingus are looking at using their A330's to fly to London, Paris, Rome and Madrid I'm led to believe in the early morning to combine flights and increase capacity. They intend having the 2nd flights to JFK,BOS,ORD later in the evening to provide this ability.
    That would be nice.

We still need more airlines flying bigger planes
    A flight which takes 150 more passengers in and out is 300 per day x 364 days = 109200 passengers using and paying for facilities at Dublin Airport.

737max wrote: »
    That would be nice.

We still need more airlines flying bigger planes
    A flight which takes 150 more passengers in and out is 300 per day x 364 days = 109200 passengers using and paying for facilities at Dublin Airport.

I'd expect BA to possibly start using larger metal on certain flights during the day,

I'd expect BA to possibly start using larger metal on certain flights during the day,

Not sure they could use anything larger than an A321 which would only add 30-50 seats per rotation max.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Marcusm wrote: »
    Not sure they could use anything larger than an A321 which would only add 30-50 seats per rotation max.

They use 767 on EDI/GLA/MAN and others occasionally and they could also use larger aircraft inc. 777 should schedules permit.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    They use 767 on EDI/GLA/MAN and others occasionally and they could also use larger aircraft inc. 777 should schedules permit.

The 767s are coming to an end I think. More importantly, the restriction on using A21-23 would preclude most wide bodies.

Advertisement