Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Any news on Qatar starting in Dub ??, seems to be some rumours floating on the ground they are due to start at flights to and from Doha with AL looking after the turnarounds. Could be just a rumour though :D

This rumour has been doing the rounds for a couple of years now and still nothing. Qatar seem to have increased routes to almost every European city of note except Dublin. There was also a rumour a while ago of Belfast. Any route is likely going to be the Dreamliner 787.

There is also the IAG umbrella to consider which could be making a larger plan.

DELTA in Summer 2016 season is adjusting operational aircraft for seasonal Atlanta – Dublin route, as the airline plans to operate Airbus A330-300 aircraft from 03APR16. The A330-300 will replace Boeing 767-300ER aircraft on this route, operating on daily basis.
    DL176 ATL1930 – 0815+1DUB 333 D
    DL177 DUB1010 – 1400ATL 333 D

Source airliner route, nearly a 50% capacity increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Source airliner route, nearly a 50% capacity increase.

Was that not already planned? Or was that JFK?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Was that not already planned? Or was that JFK?

They are both big increases, airline route just a little slow, been known since before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Any news on Qatar starting in Dub ??, seems to be some rumours floating on the ground they are due to start at flights to and from Doha with AL looking after the turnarounds. Could be just a rumour though :D

QR to make "significant network announcements" at ITB Berlin next week so there's a possibility of finally getting an announcement then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

in terms of vegas, does the airport there in connection with the city council or whomever, not offer strong incentives for new routes, given the money people will blow there?

Jaysus your never gonna let this LAS business go are you :P :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Jaysus your never gonna let this LAS business go are you :P :D:D:D

Not until there's a direct flight from DUB lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Its a point to point route, not dissimilar to an upmarket Alicante in terms of clientele. It has no feed from any IAG carriers as the airport isn't a hub. Its customers want to pay zilcho for tickets and are more than happy to fly to LGW or further to the East to secure bottom dollar irrespective of the inconvenience. So answers on the back of a post card if the planners at AL want a 330 to be heading to the desert or somewhere more profitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi guys
    Apologies if I'm in wrong thread,I have a flight with Etiopian airlines at 06.15am to LA,what time should I go airport as I believe Immigration don't start till 6am.
    Thaks

• Advertisement

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Apologies if I'm in wrong thread,I have a flight with Etiopian airlines at 06.15am to LA,what time should I go airport as I believe Immigration don't start till 6am.
    Thaks

You won't be clearing immigration in DUB. Ethiopian flights depart from T1 and I recommend minimum 1hr 30mins-2hrs at the airport before departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

You won't be clearing immigration in DUB. Ethiopian flights depart from T1 and I recommend minimum 1hr 30mins-2hrs at the airport before departure.

Thanks very much for the reply,that's interesting that flight leaves from T1,Thought all transatlantic were T2.
    Anyone ever use Ethiopian airlines and if so any good?

Thanks very much for the reply,that's interesting that flight leaves from T1,Thought all transatlantic were T2.

Only flights Preclearing (or Aer Lingus) go through T2, all the rest, inc Air Canada, West Jet, Thomson, Ethiopian go through T1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

It goes from 300 gates (pier b). Lovely aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

pclive wrote: »

Doha-Auckland announced making it the world's longest.

Is there even a market for DUB-DOH? Considering Etihads recent reduction of AUH, I think we are being a little optimistic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Is there even a market for DUB-DOH? Considering Etihads recent reduction of AUH, I think we are being a little optimistic.
    Im with you on this. Qatar to DUB has been rumoured for a few years now. Personally I cant see QR wanting to get into a market the EK and EY have sewn up, unless they are going to go very agressive with their pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

With the connecting flight onto Auckland, it may be a bit more realistic, I'm still unsure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Im guessing that there is some bigger long term strategy at play with IAG and how it captures BA, Aer Lingus and Qatar. The argument of Emirates and Ethiad having it covered is not overly solid as they compete on nearly every other European Hub with each other.

Its probably time to park the discussion now. Too many false starts in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Lockheed

When are the Thomson routes to Mexico and Jamaica opening up?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Lockheed wrote: »
    When are the Thomson routes to Mexico and Jamaica opening up?

June according to this article from last year.

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-05-20/Direct_Flights_From_Dublin_Airport_To_Mexico_And_Jamaica_In_2016.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

pclive wrote: »
    Of course they are doing well. Aer Lingus are really milking those German routes and that Ryanair Frankfurt Hahn flight to Dublin should be moving to daily now since it is at full occupancy these days.
    Last night I bought a Lufthansa Frankfurt - Dublin flight because it was cheaper than Aer Lingus and Lufthanse still aren't cheap.

I am curious to discover what comprises an inflight snack on a short distance Lufthans flight.

737max wrote: »
    Of course they are doing well. Aer Lingus are really milking those German routes and that Ryanair Frankfurt Hahn flight to Dublin should be moving to daily now since it is at full occupancy these days.
    Last night I bought a Lufthansa Frankfurt - Dublin flight because it was cheaper than Aer Lingus and Lufthanse still aren't cheap.

I am curious to discover what comprises an inflight snack on a short distance Lufthans flight.

It's full because it's seats are been given away for half nothing.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It's full because it's seats are been given away for half nothing.

Is that not terrible yield management? Why would an airline do this?

Is that not terrible yield management? Why would an airline do this?

Lots of reasons:
    Increase load factors
    Over capacity - Cologne I suspect playing a part
    Schedules don't help (not specifically checked) but big impact on yield

It's a useless route unless you live near HHN.

Edit - They are cutting back winter capacity next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

If you live as far away from Frankfurt as you do from Hahn or another international airport then it is perfectly fine.
    There are plenty of towns/cities with many hundreds of thousands of inhabitants in the vicinity.

Scheduling of arrivals in the middle of the day is less than optimal.

Lots of reasons:
    Increase load factors

Can't see Cologne playing much of a part tbh, different market, the Rhine Region has millions of inhabitants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Lots of reasons:
    Increase load factors

Agreed, I travel to frankfurt, as a good friend lives there, she just doesn't bother with Hahn at all anymore, she says it's the equivalent of flying to Galway to get to Dublin!! It's a 2 hour journey and the timing of the bus services are crap apparently

Advertisement