Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    EI are not a carrier to respond to competition like that. MIA will happen if the sums add up.

Can guarantee Norwegian would get a massive response (and calculated) from EI nevermind the US carriers where are still in fit of rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Very annoyed to find, when we went to book a holiday near Cancun in second half of June that the direct service does not start until July so we have to go via Gatwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Very annoyed to find, when we went to book a holiday near Cancun in second half of June that the direct service does not start until July so we have to go via Gatwick.

Start 13 June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Jesus, 3 travel agents, including Trailfinders, told us there was no direct flight to Cancun until July.

Something not right here.

Jesus, 3 travel agents, including Trailfinders, told us there was no direct flight to Cancun until July.

Try Falcon, they are operating them.

• Advertisement

http://www.falconholidays.ie/f/mexico/mexico-caribbean-coast/cancun-holidays/essential-info

select a date confirms JUNE 13th

montego bay is cut from 6 to 2 in 2017, Cancun unchanged but commences 7 June. TUI short haul ops unchanged apart form Dalaman which is dropped.

Bodrum for this summer has also been pulled in the last few weeks.

One might expect EI's schedule Izmir could be up for the chop, already reduced freq this summer and no A321's scheduled and Sunway have pulled their allocation this summer in the last few weeks. Could be cut short this summer also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

CityJet replaces Croatia Airlines on Dubrovnik charter this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Heading to Dalaman this summer, the demand appears to be pretty ok, (TUI's only Turkish Destination from Ireland, all other routes were cancelled before February)

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Heading to Dalaman this summer, the demand appears to be pretty ok, (TUI's only Turkish Destination from Ireland, all other routes were cancelled before February)

Sunway only cancelled EI Izmir capacity and Bodrum in the last 3 weeks. TUI had planned Antalya this year also but never went on sale.

• Advertisement

montego bay is cut from 6 to 2 in 2017, Cancun unchanged but commences 7 June.

Sorry how do you mean cut from 6 to 2 ? Just two weeks ?

Add your reply here.

Just 2 flights over 2 weeks, not6 like this year which is 6 flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

A relative of mine who works for a business travel agent told me that Etihad are sending their 787-9s to Dublin later this year when the double daily service has resumed, not as soon as it resumes but at some point after it has. She told me that Etihad are going to be setting up mock cabins for the general public to view in May/June around Dublin city centre.

She told me the travel agent she works for only heard this yesterday and that they don't know when Etihad will officially announce it. I'd imagine it'll be announced soon enough if its to happen later this year.

I tried looking this information up online but there's no mention of it anywhere. I'm going to take her word for it as she knows her stuff and she wouldn't just make something like that up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

c773er wrote: »
    A relative of mine who works for a business travel agent told me that Etihad are sending their 787-9s to Dublin later this year when the double daily service has resumed, not as soon as it resumes but at some point after it has........
    Well EY have previously mentioned DUB as one of the routes (among about 10) that would see B787 soon after their introduction into their fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Tenger wrote: »
    Well EY have previously mentioned DUB as one of the routes (among about 10) that would see B787 soon after their introduction into their fleet.

Yes I had heard that before aswell. It was only a matter of when. Have Etihad confirmed their w16/17 schedule? I'd imagine if they introducing the 789 later on in the year they could be using the 789 and the a330 for possibly 10x weekly frequency in the winter season. Hopefully anyway.

November, December = 38 additional weekly flights (x19 each way)
    Newark - Daily
    Hartford - 4 Weekly
    Los Angeles - 4 Weekly
    Chicago - 2 Daily (+4 weekly, 3 B752, 1 A33X)

January, February = 38 additional weekly flights (x19 each way)
    Newark - 6 Weekly
    Hartford - 4 Weekly
    Los Angeles - 3 Weekly
    Chicago - 10 weekly (+3 weekly, 3 B752)
    Boston - 10 weekly (+3 weekly)

Quiet impressive growth if it all operates as planned!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Sunway only cancelled EI Izmir capacity and Bodrum in the last 3 weeks. TUI had planned Antalya this year also but never went on sale.

I keep a database of all commercial flights from Dublin airport. Where can I get a list of all charter flights and their Airline operators from Dublin airport

I presume the flights above and the flights to Dalaman mentioned in previous posts are charter flights only and that they can't be booked as flight only.

rigmaroll wrote: »
    I keep a database of all commercial flights from Dublin airport. Where can I get a list of all charter flights and their Airline operators from Dublin airport

I presume the flights above and the flights to Dalaman mentioned in previous posts are charter flights only and that they can't be booked as flight only.

The Dublin Airport site doesn't have a charter flight list like the Cork and Shannon Airport sites. The Dublin Airport page on Wikipedia lists the regular charter flights.

Most of the charter flights from Dublin can be booked as flight onlys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

Yes 4 weekly from Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Can someone confirm this please?
    Confirmed months ago. Flights commence on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Wasn't aware that it was announced before. Thought it was a new thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only been advertised across radio for months...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭john boye

If there's one thing that modern online "media" outlets love to do it's recycling old news like this and presenting it to you as a new story. Anything for the clicks. Incidentally, that article almost reads like an EI press release...

VG31 wrote:
    The Dublin Airport site doesn't have a charter flight list like the Cork and Shannon Airport sites. The Dublin Airport page on Wikipedia lists the regular charter flights.

VG31 wrote:
    Most of the charter flights from Dublin can be booked as flight onlys.

Thanks, must they be booked through the travel companies or can they be booked directly with the airline

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

rigmaroll wrote: »
    Thanks, must they be booked through the travel companies or can they be booked directly with the airline
    Through the relevant tour operators.

The document at the link below lists all of the Summer 2016 destinations from Dublin, be they scheduled or charter flights.

https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/Flight-Information-Documents/summer_schedule_final_lowres.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Thanks for providing the doc. I've gone through it and have a few Qs.

Aerlingus to Ibiza appears finished and Arkia to Tel Aviv is included but im not able to book it on Arkias website. Is Aerlingus to Ibiza finished and are Arkia flying from Dublin to Tel Aviv?

The Doc doesn't give the operator of the Charter to a particular destination. It just says if their is a charter to a Destination and includes that flight in the Total flights to a Destination.

I cross referenced the Charter flights from the Wiki to the Destinations with Charter flights in the Doc.

The Wiki seems to be showing multiple operators for the same charter.

For example in the Doc there is only one charter flight to the following destinations
    Palma,Burgas,Verona,Lanzarote and Dubrovnik

In the Wiki ASL has Charters to
    Palma, Burgas, Verona, Lanzarote, and Dubrovnik but AirEuropa has a charter to Palma, Bulgaria Air has one to Burgas, Mistral Air has one to Verona, Smartwings to Lanzarote and CityJet to Dubrovnik.

Maybe the Wiki is including winter charters as well for some of these.

Can anyone clear this up.

Thanks

That PDF doesn't list every charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

Aer Lingus to Ibiza isn't operating this summer. I'm not sure why, as I always thought it had quite decent numbers flying on it. The Ryanair flights to Ibiza look to be much, much more expensive than in previous years now since they're the only airline flying direct from DUB.

I know from talking to cabin crew it was generally regarded as being one of the worst routes to work. But not many airlines put their cabin crew's preferences over profit margins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Blut2 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus to Ibiza isn't operating this summer. I'm not sure why, as I always thought it had quite decent numbers flying on it. The Ryanair flights to Ibiza look to be much, much more expensive than in previous years now since they're the only airline flying direct from DUB.

I know from talking to cabin crew it was generally regarded as being one of the worst routes to work. But not many airlines put their cabin crew's preferences over profit margins.
    Indeed Friday and Saturday night Ibiza flights are considered a day from hell for many crew ! Ive heard some horrific stories

Advertisement