Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Blut2 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus to Ibiza isn't operating this summer. I'm not sure why, as I always thought it had quite decent numbers flying on it. The Ryanair flights to Ibiza look to be much, much more expensive than in previous years now since they're the only airline flying direct from DUB.

I know from talking to cabin crew it was generally regarded as being one of the worst routes to work. But not many airlines put their cabin crew's preferences over profit margins.

Aer Lingus are all partied out, going for a more relaxing theme in the form of Bordeaux!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Aerlingus and ryanair run a racket on the sun routes at peak season. Check out the rates from the uk in comparison where there is way more competition. I often fly via uk, of course these budget airlines are point to point. But it's a chance I'll take for the savings... Simply go to skyscanner and put in uk and to wherever you want to go, the U.K. Is so well connected to Dublin , that often you can make this work practically (as in short enough layover and worth doing price wise) ... Pity Irish market is so small with only one airport of critical mass and Ryanair would ej

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Aerlingus and ryanair run a racket on the sun routes at peak season. Check out the rates from the uk in comparison where there is way more competition. I often fly via uk, of course these budget airlines are point to point. But it's a chance I'll take for the savings... Simply go to skyscanner and put in uk and to wherever you want to go, the U.K. Is so well connected to Dublin , that often you can make this work practically (as in short enough layover and worth doing price wise) ... Pity Irish market is so small with only one airport of critical mass and Ryanair would ej

Whatever about their sun-route prices before, the DUB>IBZ>DUB route this year looks to be going for around 400eur in the peak months this summer with Ryanair. When EI were also operating on the route in previous years the price tended to be around 200e with either airline. Its an interesting case study on how much airlines are able to increase prices when the competition pulls out, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

On that Doc Thomson's flights are not Charter flights. They seem to be regarded like scheduled flights.

Are Thomson's flights Charters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

rigmaroll wrote: »
    On that Doc Thomson's flights are not Charter flights. They seem to be regarded like scheduled flights.

Are Thomson's flights Charters.

Yes.

• Advertisement

Whatever about their sun-route prices before, the DUB>IBZ>DUB route this year looks to be going for around 400eur in the peak months this summer with Ryanair. When EI were also operating on the route in previous years the price tended to be around 200e with either airline. Its an interesting case study on how much airlines are able to increase prices when the competition pulls out, I guess.

If you are looking for alternatives Iberia Express via MAD and Vueling via BCN are the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Being fair, in terms of Holiday destinations its the one place that Irish Airports outside of DUB do very well in, city destinations lack horribly outside of DUB but for paddy going to Spain/Portugal there's plenty of choice.

VG31 wrote:
    Yes.

What about Thomson's flights to Cancun and Montego. I thought they weee advertised as regular scheduled flights from Dublin

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Aer Lingus are all partied out, going for a more relaxing theme in the form of Bordeaux!

Are they Definetly flying to Bordeaux.

Does anyone know if all the flights on the Dublin Airport Wiki are correct.

Are Arkia flying to Tel Aviv this summer. It says so on the Doc but Arkia is not listed as an Airline operating from Dublin on the same Doc.

Are ASL and Europe Airpost the same company

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if all the flights on the Dublin Airport Wiki are correct.

Are Arkia flying to Tel Aviv this summer. It says so on the Doc but Arkia is not listed as an Airline operating from Dublin on the same Doc.

Are ASL and Europe Airpost the same company

Europe Airpost is part of the ASL group, but then whole operations are a little messy as you have ASL airlines Ireland, ASL airlines France etc. Most (if not all) of Europe Airport has merged into the bigger ASL airlines.

Also to the user above you, Aer Lingus are definitely flying to Bordeaux, its bookable!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

What about Thomson's flights to Cancun and Montego. I thought they weee advertised as regular scheduled flights from Dublin

They are charter flights.

All of the scheduled flights are listed in the Dublin Airport summer timetable on the airport website.

Aren't you being a tad over zealous about this - it's getting a bit like an inquisition!

lxflyer wrote:
    Aren't you being a tad over zealous about this - it's getting a bit like an inquisition!

I just want the Database to be as accurate as possible.

Can anyone confirm if Arkia are flying to Tel Aviv

Can anyone confirm if Arkia are flying to Tel Aviv

Yes there is 6 or 8 departures in July and August

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Yes there is 6 or 8 departures in July and August

Thank you.

Many Tour operators are not provided for the Charter flights on the Wiki.

For example Falcon is given as the Operator for the ASL to Burgas charter but for Fuerteventura,Lanzarote etc no operator is given

Where could I find this out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd imagine those Israeli charter flights are filled by the packages you'd often see advertised in the Independent et al of a Saturday.

On Page 10 of that Doc, it says Ryanair and Aerlingus fly to Florence.

On their websites neither have flights to Florence.

I thought their flights to Bologna served the Florence region

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

On Page 10 of that Doc, it says Ryanair and Aerlingus fly to Florence.

On their websites neither have flights to Florence.

I thought their flights to Bologna served the Florence region

Ryanair usually/used to call their flights to PSA Pisa/Florence. Possibly they don't do that anymore, they may just call it Pisa. It's a bit disingenuous as Florence has its own airport.

I think your right as Pisa is not mentioned for flights to Italy on the Doc. It also matches with the amount of flights that both offer to Pisa. 3 with Aer lingus and 4 with Ryanair.

What is the correct name for Thomson's Airline. Is it Thomson Airways or TUI

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I think your right as Pisa is not mentioned for flights to Italy on the Doc. It also matches with the amount of flights that both offer to Pisa. 3 with Aer lingus and 4 with Ryanair.

What is the correct name for Thomson's Airline. Is it Thomson Airways or TUI
    Thomson Airways .... In future I think they plan to consolidate everything under the TUI brand, but for now Thomson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

lxflyer wrote: »

Nobody expects.......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Locker10a wrote: »
    Thomson Airways .... In future I think they plan to consolidate everything under the TUI brand, but for now Thomson

It used to be Britannia Airways!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Marcusm wrote: »
    It used to be Britannia Airways!
    Ahh, so that's where they went. I always wondered what happened to them.

ClickandGo Travel Company use Aer Lingus exclusively.

Do they use Aer Lingus regular scheduled flights because they are not listed for any of the chartered flights on the Dublin Airport Wiki.

In order to book a flight only with Thomson do I have to use Falcon Holidays or tuifly.com..

I noticed that tuifly.com have a lot of direct flights from Dublin.

For example I can get a direct flight to Barcelona and Cologne but these are not listed on the Dublin Airport Doc or on the Wiki.

Does anyone know exactly what destinations they fly to from Dublin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Do they use Aer Lingus regular scheduled flights because they are not listed for any of the chartered flights on the Dublin Airport Wiki.
    They use Aer Lingus scheduled flights, click and go run Aer Lingus Holidays, so they use what ever Aer Lingus flight they can to get you there

Locker10a wrote:
    They use Aer Lingus scheduled flights, click and go run Aer Lingus Holidays, so they use what ever Aer Lingus flight they can to get you there

Thank you

In order to book a flight only with Thomson do I have to use Falcon Holidays or tuifly.com..

I noticed that tuifly.com have a lot of direct flights from Dublin.

For example I can get a direct flight to Barcelona and Cologne but these are not listed on the Dublin Airport Doc or on the Wiki.

Does anyone know exactly what destinations they fly to from Dublin

They are with Vueling and Germanwings/Eurowings. If you want to book Thomosn flights you need to contract Falcon, it will be possible on website again in future.

Last year they used Ryanairs Shannon-Nice flight so not exclusive.

They use Aer Lingus scheduled flights.

• Advertisement

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    They are with Vueling and Germanwings/Eurowings. If you want to book Thomosn flights you need to contract Falcon, it will be possible on website again in future.

Why do TUI advertise Vueling and German wings. What's the connection between Thomson airlines and these

Advertisement