Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

rigmaroll wrote: »
    I keep a database of all commercial flights from Dublin airport. Where can I get a list of all charter flights and their Airline operators from Dublin airport
    Right, that's 2 pages of this "New Routes 2016" thread taken up with queries about charter operators and routes.
    If you need any more information for your database then start a thread about it.
    Anymore queries not related to the thread itself will result in a short break from A&A.
    I would presume someone who keeps a database has better sources of info that an internet discussion board.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

moloner4 wrote: »
    So after all the craic with the charters, found an article in the indo about aer lingus going back to dubia in a few years. From working with the two middle eastern airlines + turkish airways I felt that the route was more than well served so I dunno if this would actually happen, but it would be nice to see.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/aer-lingus-could-start-flying-to-the-middle-east-again-34765542.html

I highly doubt you will ever see the Aer Lingus colours at DXB again. If they are to go anywhere it'll be Doha, because they would get a codeshare with them. Very few pax on the Dubai flight are actually Dubai destined, not enough for a scheduled service, even without the extreme competition from Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Are we set to lose Rygge flights from Norway?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-calls-new-tax-black-day-for-norway-and-closes-oslo-base-1.2668476
    Ryanair has said it is to close its base in Oslo and reduce its Norwegian traffic by half due to the introduction of an air travel tax by the Norwegian government.

Its one of the 'old' Ryanair bases in my head, miles from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rygge itself is closing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

L1011 wrote: »
    Rygge itself is closing

Isn't that a consequence of Ryanair pulling out?

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    Isn't that a consequence of Ryanair pulling out?
    Yes.

If Ryanair reverse the decision to pull out, they will continue ops. Rygee management decided to close if Ryanair pull out.

It only has 3 Norwegian routes outside the Ryanair routes, which is unsustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I can't see many people choosing EI for a flight to the Middle East unless they seriously improve their offering.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Looking at Skytrax EI get hammered for their L/H product. One comment "quote, everything was low cost except the price". I normally would not take much notice of these sites but my sis-in-law who lives in NYC normally flies Delta changed to EI recently. She said afterwards she hopes Delta will forgive her and allow her to fly with them again.

Noxegon wrote: »
    I can't see many people choosing EI for a flight to the Middle East unless they seriously improve their offering.
    Absolutely. I cant see how EI could hope to step into that market with EY/EK offering a far superior product 3 times a day with massive onwards connection networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Tenger wrote: »
    Absolutely. I cant see how EI could hope to step into that market with EY/EK offering a far superior product 3 times a day with massive onwards connection networks.

If the price is right Irish people will go for it. Like if Ryanair ever did such a route it would be a success as well.

I do think it will be QR whenever it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rawr

Are we set to lose Rygge flights from Norway?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-calls-new-tax-black-day-for-norway-and-closes-oslo-base-1.2668476

Its one of the 'old' Ryanair bases in my head, miles from anywhere.

You're probably thinking of "Oslo" Torp, which was a punishing 2.5 hours bus ride from the city. They moved over to "Oslo" Rygge a few years ago, which is not that far away (only about 1 hour, roughly the same distance as OSL).

There's a bit of a political storm brewing over here in Norway over this.
    The current government is in a bit of a rock/hard place situation where the surcharge they introduced is putting 1000 jobs at the airport on the line, while at the same time they don't want to be seen to back down due to pressure from Ryanair.

Ryanair themselves appear to have a fairly bad reputation in Norway where their perceived flouting of strict Norwegian work regulations had often cropped up in the local tabloids.

On the back of all that, the current government really don't want to be seen to entertain what looks like blackmail from MOL's airline.

The result is that "Oslo" Rygge (Really 'Moss Rygge') will end up closing in a few months. It used to be a Norwegian base, but since they moved up to OSL the airport has been wall-to-wall Ryanair (with the odd Norwegian or DAT flight.) The loss of Ryanair will certainly close the place.

For the sake to the folk at Rygge (who were usually pretty friendly & nice whenever I was there) I hope this is sorted out, but my gut says that it will not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭sandbelter

According to Dublin's wiki page, BA Cityflyer are flying winter ski charters to Chambery from Dec 24

EMA, CWL and DSA all sacked from the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Carnacalla wrote: »
    EMA, CWL and DSA all sacked from the end of October.

DSA the only loss of service, however, due to BE and FR. That has come and gone more times than any other airport I'd suspect!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Irish Times reported that Ryanair have announced their 2017 schedule for Dublin 3 months earlier than usual with 80 services offered. It doesn't go into detail as regards any brand new destinations. Is anyone aware if there are any new routes?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-to-carry-12-million-through-dublin-this-year-1.2678619?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Ftransport-and-tourism%2Fryanair-to-carry-12-million-through-dublin-this-year-1.2678619

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

EIN for 2017 Q2...MIA x4 and Vegas I hear. Any takers?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Irish Times reported that Ryanair have announced their 2017 schedule for Dublin 3 months earlier than usual with 80 services offered. It doesn't go into detail as regards any brand new destinations. Is anyone aware if there are any new routes?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-to-carry-12-million-through-dublin-this-year-1.2678619?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fbusiness%2Ftransport-and-tourism%2Fryanair-to-carry-12-million-through-dublin-this-year-1.2678619

It's their easter schedule. This means almost nothing, basically just a stunt to get more PR.

Ryanair, Ireland’s favourite airline, today (9 June) launched its Dublin Easter 2017 schedule – 3 months earlier than last year – with over 80 routes to exciting destinations including sunshine favourites Alicante, the Canary Islands, Faro and Malaga.

Ryanair will continue to connect Dublin with Europe’s major cities with high frequency services, including Brussels (3 x daily), London (19 x daily), Madrid (3 x daily), Milan (2 x daily) and Rome (2 x daily), with more flights, better timings and the lowest fares, making Ryanair the ideal choice for business and leisure customers.

Irish consumers and visitors can choose from over 80 Dublin routes as part of its Easter 2017 schedule and look forward to more improvements, as Ryanair continues to roll out Year 3 of its “Always Getting Better” programme, which includes new digital features, new cabin interiors, a new Leisure Plus service, an improved Business Plus service, more new routes and even lower fares.

Ryanair’s Robin Kiely said:

“Easter has come early at Dublin as we launch our April 2017 flights three months ahead of schedule, with more than 80 exciting routes, all available for booking now on the Ryanair.com website. After delivering 70% of traffic growth in Ireland last year, Ryanair is continuing to grow strongly at Dublin, and will carry 12 million customers through Dublin Airport this year, supporting 9,000* jobs. Customers should hop onto www.ryanair.com and bag an Easter break today.”

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160609-easter-comes-early-as-ryanair-launches-dublin-april-2017-schedule/?market=ie#sthash.LEianOuL.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Anyone have any thoughts on the Dublin - Doha route for next year? Preferences for either EI or Qatar? Personally, I can't see EI doing the business. I know they'd be in partnership with Qatar but, I just can't see them doing as well as Qatar would. I'd like to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

c773er wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Dublin - Doha route for next year? Preferences for either EI or Qatar? Personally, I can't see EI doing the business. I know they'd be in partnership with Qatar but, I just can't see them doing as well as Qatar would. I'd like to be proven wrong.

It's possible that Qatar would operate the route initially until EI gets their A350 and then it could very well be split up operations as in EI flies MTW and Qatar flies TFSS. Or something to that effect. At the moment, EI are short on LH aircraft and are leasing aircrafts to cover their trans-atlantic routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It's possible that Qatar would operate the route initially until EI gets their A350 and then it could very well be split up operations as in EI flies MTW and Qatar flies TFSS. Or something to that effect. At the moment, EI are short on LH aircraft and are leasing aircrafts to cover their trans-atlantic routes.

EI LH is very poor, I'd be fairly annoyed if I booked that route and got EI instead of QR. Unless it was clearly stated when booking etc.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    DSA the only loss of service, however, due to BE and FR. That has come and gone more times than any other airport I'd suspect!

CWL is cut by Flybe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Carnacalla wrote: »
    CWL is cut by Flybe too.

It's not, they just hadn't updated the timetable for that route.

VG31 wrote: »
    It's not, they just hadn't updated the timetable for that route.

Oh, thought I seen a story about that.

Any reason for this massive downscale by stobart this winter?

Also Montego Bay started today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I thought they were trying to sell it? Slightly off topic but I see where they lost their distribution contract with Tesco to DHL. Maybe going for restructuring.

roundymac wrote: »
    I thought they were trying to sell it? Slightly off topic but I see where they lost their distribution contract with Tesco to DHL. Maybe going for restructuring.
    That was Eddie Stobart Trucking, who had the Tesco contact, this is a spin off business from the main Stobart Transport company.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Lockheed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

A new airline from the East

Bearing in mind the negative press for Qatar this week, it would be very silly for QR to make an announcement. Any free media they would seek would be drowned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I would be surprised if it's QR, if they had firm plans they would of announced last week I think.

Could it be long rumoured China?

Was due ot be at Shelbourne.

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Personally I think this type of arrangement is very messy and confusing to passengers.
    Currently EI only leasing A/C to add capacity to SNN-BOS (which free's up B757 for additional DUB-JFK) So no really "short on L/H aircraft", just want more for peak season.
    Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I would be surprised if it's QR, if they had firm plans they would of announced last week I think.
    Werent QR pretty firm on their CEO statement about coming to DUB? No indication on date however.

Advertisement