Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Werent QR pretty firm on their CEO statement about coming to DUB? No indication on date however.

If they had firm plans they would of announced it last week. The language used suggested this announcement is not about them. I also think they said and the daa said it would be announced in 2017 and start in 2017 depending on the date announced.

Chinese or DY Long Haul I think are more likely than QR and it won't be CX.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    If they had firm plans they would of announced it last week. The language used suggested this announcement is not about them. I also think they said and the daa said it would be announced in 2017 and start in 2017 depending on the date announced.

Chinese or DY Long Haul I think are more likely than QR and it won't be CX.

Qatar IS a 2017 announcement for a 2017 launch.

A Chinese CL60 is in town, might just be a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Cobalt Air,

Larnaca - Dublin A320. Starting 9/July 2x weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Tenger wrote: »
    Currently EI only leasing A/C to add capacity to SNN-JFK (which free's up B757 for additional DUB-JFK) So no really "short on L/H aircraft", just want more for peak season.

SNN-BOS actually.

It does seem as though they aren't short at the moment, it's hard to see where they can get 2 aircraft every year for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

b757 wrote: »
    Cobalt Air,

Larnaca - Dublin A320. Starting 9/July 2x weekly.

Looks very reasonable for Cyprus, only €50 one way/€100 return.

• Advertisement

Looks like Citywing will use slots they received for LDY-DUB

http://www.citywing.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Probably mentioned before but I saw an ad in Vancouver airport at the weekend that Air Canada Rouge were starting direct flights direct between YVR and DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned before but I saw an ad in Vancouver airport at the weekend that Air Canada Rouge were starting direct flights direct between YVR and DUB

Started already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

L1011 wrote: »
    Started already.

Operating from June 10th to Oct 8th.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Direct maybe, but not non-stop flights. I assume this stops in Montreal or Toronto enroute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

I believe they are non-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Direct maybe, but not non-stop flights. I assume this stops in Montreal or Toronto enroute?

No this is not a WOW Air or indeed a Westjet situation.

It's a genuine non-stop flight operated thrice weekly by a B767-300.

Tenger - have you not downloaded either the Dublin Airport app or the Dublin Airport summer timetable pdf?? ;-)

Tsk tsk - back to A & A mod schedule training for you!!

Both of those answered your questions on overnights and the direct flights!

Darnnit...I got confused with Westjet!
    Fair play to Rouge with the YVR-DUB..

Even worse....my sister actually asked my advice on booking to YVR last month. Price difference was neglible so I told them to do BA via LHR on the A380. So I did know it was non stop.....then forgot!

And now my looks are going too......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Not sure I would be all to happy doing it with a 767 non stop, pretty close to the limit of the range on the 300 that Rouge use.

Fattes wrote: »
    Not sure I would be all to happy doing it with a 767 non stop, pretty close to the limit of the range on the 300 that Rouge use.

What's the issue with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cravens

DL have done LHR to SEA with a 763 for a long while now, which I think is a bit further than DUB-YVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

The distance between DUB and YVR is around 4500 miles, the range of the 767-300ER that Air Canada use with a full load is 6550 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Darnnit...I got confused with Westjet!
    Fair play to Rouge with the YVR-DUB..

Even worse....my sister actually asked my advice on booking to YVR last month. Price difference was neglible so I told them to do BA via LHR on the A380. So I did know it was non stop.....then forgot!

And now my looks are going too......

I just did the BA route via LHR and I have to say I really enjoyed the A380! I don't know if it was because I was on the upper deck, but the engines were really quiet, even on take off I was wondering if they were on at all :D
    But waiting for the connection on the way home in Heathrow is a killer, so near yet so far, though better than a middle of the night connection somewhere like Toronto, so I'm interested in the non-stop option from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

billie1b wrote: »
    The distance between DUB and YVR is around 4500 miles, the range of the 767-300ER that Air Canada use with a full load is 6550 miles

Distance between Dublin and Toronto is about 5,000 km Vancouver is on the other side of the Canadian landmass!

I know they use the 767ER just a personal thing with the distance, the plane type and my own weirdness really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Distance between Dublin and Toronto is about 5,000 km Vancouver is on the other side of the Canadian landmass!

I know they use the 767ER just a personal thing with the distance, the plane type and my own weirdness really

7156km

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=distance%20from%20dublin%20ireland%20to%20vancouver%20canada

Great circles. Dublin -> Vancouver doesn't pass anywhere near Toronto. So it's nowhere close to DUB-YYZ (5247) + YYZ-YVR (3364km) = 8611km total

• Advertisement

Billie figures are right, Toronto is 3300 miles and Vancouver is 4550 miles which is over 5 and 7,000 km respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

www.gcmap.com

Type in dub-yvr

Gives 3881nm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Any chance we can get back to the topic at hand?

No harm on that point. We can argue about length in after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davebuck

From Travel Extra email this morning.

Any ideas of the airline and city?

Quote:

A surprise route from Dublin from a major network carrier almost got announced on Tuesday. A room was booked in the Shelbourne Hotel. A time was set and a brief statement declared that “one of the world’s major airlines will announce that it is to launch a new daily service from Dublin Airport. In addition to strengthening Dublin and Ireland’s connectivity with important global markets, the route will generate millions of euro in visitor revenue, contributing to the overall Irish economy." Then it all got cancelled. The route is likely to be announced before the winter slot conference on Tuesday, or on the day. Separately, Dublin-Doha is likely to start May 2017. Akbar Al Baker says that the route would start next year, while Stephen Kavanagh of Aer Lingus says it was a medium-term project: the only question is whose metal will operate on the route.

Cobalt airlines and Lacarna?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Cobalt airlines and Lacarna?

That route is only twice weekly the statement does quote daily and a major airline surely not Cobalt airlines??????

davebuck wrote: »
    A surprise route from Dublin from a major network carrier almost got announced on Tuesday........a brief statement declared that “one of the world’s major airlines will announce that it is to launch a new daily service from Dublin Airport...............Separately, Dublin-Doha is likely to start May 2017. Akbar Al Baker says that the route would start next year, while Stephen Kavanagh of Aer Lingus says it was a medium-term project: the only question is whose metal will operate on the route......
    Well the travel extra story seems to rule out Qatar as the surprise announcement. They seem to think AAB has already announced DOH-DUB (Which has been strongly hinted at)

Would an existing "major network carrier" (ie AA,DL,UA,TK,BA,EK,EY) serving Dublin need to made a big announcement about expanding current DUB ops?

Well the travel extra story seems to rule out Qatar as the surprise announcement. They seem to think AAB has already announced DOH-DUB (Which has been strongly hinted at)

All points to China if the above statement is correct. I guess there is a chance of new US hub's but the first tweet did say "new" carrier and a US carrier starting in winter would be a little strange.

• Advertisement

Yes that does seem to be the case maybe a China link at long last?

Advertisement