Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Fattes wrote: »
    EI are not that cheap, their service is low fares but their price is not, I don't want to drag this off topic but prices below. KLM are talking about an average of 100-150 per flight. Which makes them cheaper than EI with a better product.

For example Dub - Ams departing July 4 returning July 7

EI Eur 187-374 outbound and return 80-347 FR Eur 73-106 and 38-50

EI have fares for between 60-100 return for most of the year. Booking for July 7th now is clearly going to cost more. KLM will not be that cheap close in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    EI have fares for between 60-100 return for most of the year. Booking for July 7th now is clearly going to cost more. KLM will not be that cheap close in either.

Ryanair are half the price for the same time frame! EI are not low cost if FR can undercut them by 50%

Ryanair are half the price for the same time frame! EI are not low cost if FR can undercut them by 50%

FR drive load factors, EI drive yield and would you also claim FR are not low cost carrier if EI are cheaper as there is lots of cases when they are!

FR drive load factors, EI drive yield and would you also claim FR are not low cost carrier if EI are cheaper as there is lots of cases when they are!

Never seen an EI route 50% cheaper than FR, BUT BACK on topic

Never seen an EI route 50% cheaper than FR, BUT BACK on topic

Maybe not 50% but DUB-Faro on 18 Nov, return 25 Nov. EI - 69.98, FR 120.98 and the big gap is repeated for the whole of winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sandbelter

KLM is no surprise. DUB is one of the fastest growing routes out of AMS and was the only one not which was not a holiday resort, not served with KLM metal.

The CEO of KLM was quite scathing of AMS airport giving FR so many slots from DUB in the Dutch language press late last year. He was effectively implying that KLM had been stymied in it efforts to start a route to DUB by giving so many slots to FR. He also mentioned the strategic threat IAG acquisition of EI posed to AMS' transatlantic traffic. It was pretty clear DUB was on KLM's mind

There should be quite a few airlines codesharing on these flights as well (GA, MU, CZ, CI, DL and KE come to mind). Worth watching the feed from Chinese airlines on KLM as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Carnacalla wrote: »
    All these suggestions of China, is a daily service viable?

It's not about a China service or even a Beijing service per se but a good route into east Asia down as far as Singapore (incorporating Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia) and further north/east into Korea and Japan.

I certainly think that there is demand for s daily route for this type of traffic and I think one of the PRC carriers is much more likely than Cathay.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Folks,

This thread is supposed to be about new routes from Dublin, Not about the relative levels of fares on existing routes, even though KLM are returning to the route from AMS.

We're getting static about thread drift, and it's not wrong.

Please, stay on topic.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Is Dublin to Rygge with FR definitely finishing by Oct 30.

If so will It be replaced with Torp or will Norway no longer be served from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

rigmaroll wrote: »

If so will It be replaced with Torp or will Norway no longer be served from Dublin

Airport is closing so I'd say so.

There's no plans for that, but its possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

rigmaroll wrote: »

Scandinavian Airlines and Norwegian Air Shuttle will still serve Oslo-Gardermoen. I could also potentially see Aer Lingus going on the market now that FR is going, but that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

From the Irish Independent today,

The first ever direct air route between Dublin and China is on the cards, with Hainan Airlines closely examining the potential for a service.

Hainan Airlines is part of the huge Chinese conglomerate HNA, a Fortune 500 company whose activities stretch from aviation to hotels and shipping to technology.

In Dublin today, HNA chief operating officer William Zhang confirmed that a service from Dublin to China is under serious consideration. Hainan Airlines has just launched a route between Manchester and Beijing. Mr Zhang said that Dublin is now being analysed to see if sufficient demand exists for a route from the Irish capital to China.

Government agencies such as the IDA, Enterprise Ireland and Tourism Ireland have been pushing for a direct route to China for a number of years.
    Senior HNA executives have been in Dublin for the past few days, and held a meeting at the Chinese embassy to discuss the route potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Would KLM returning to the route possibly indicate an intention by either KLM or IAG to end the current EI-KLM codeshare at some point in the future?

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Would KLM returning to the route possibly indicate an intention by either KLM or IAG to end the current EI-KLM codeshare at some point in the future?

Two different airline groups operating in competition to each other so highly unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

LiamaDelta wrote: »

Would make sense as Aer Lingus are going into OneWorld and KLM are part of SkyTeam.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Two different airline groups operating in competition to each other so highly unlikely

Not sure you read that post properly!

At the airport and bored enough to examine arrivals list. There seem to be 26 transatlantic arrivals today; can that be correct?

lc180 wrote: »
    From the Irish Independent today,

I think I suggested just that a few days ago; HNA is playing catchup and has a decent interconnecting network. It has also recently acquired Avolon so its execs will spend some time in Ireland, will see the connectivity and see it as an easier, lower competition route.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Marcusm wrote: »
    At the airport and bored enough to examine arrivals list. There seem to be 26 transatlantic arrivals today; can that be correct?

I make it 25.

It is peak season!!

Aer Lingus (11):
    3 x JFK; 2 x BOS; 2 x ORD; 1 x SFO; 1 x IAD; 1 x YYZ; 1 x LAX

American (4):
    1 x CLT; 1 x JFK; 1 x ORD; 1 x PHL;

United (4):
    2 x EWR; 1 x ORD; 1 x IAD

Delta (2):
    1 x ATL; 1 x JFK

Air Canada Rouge (2):
    1 x YYZ; 1 x YVR

Air Transat (1):
    1 x YUL

Westjet (1):
    1 x YYT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

lxflyer wrote: »
    I make it 25.

It is peak season!!

Aer Lingus (11):
    3 x JFK; 2 x BOS; 2 x ORD; 1 x SFO; 1 x IAD; 1 x YYZ; 1 x LAX

American (4):
    1 x CLT; 1 x JFK; 1 x ORD; 1 x PHL;

United (4):
    2 x EWR; 1 x ORD; 1 x IAD

Delta (2):
    1 x ATL; 1 x JFK

Air Canada Rouge (2):
    1 x YYZ; 1 x YVR

Air Transat (1):
    1 x YUL

Westjet (1):
    1 x YYT

Ethiopian - LAX

• Registered Users Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

billie1b wrote: »
    Ethiopian - LAX

No arrival today.
    Just a departure!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Dose anyone know why a TUI 767 arrived Into Dublin last night from JFK?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Locker10a wrote: »
    Dose anyone know why a TUI 767 arrived Into Dublin last night from JFK?

Not too sure, I think one of the 330s/757s went tech so it was chartered in

Lockheed wrote: »
    Not too sure, I think one of the 330s/757s went tech so it was chartered in

Wasn't anything to do with EI, it operated out to JFK at 06.00 yesterday monring as well.

Wasn't anything to do with EI, it operated out to JFK at 06.00 yesterday monring as well.

Correct absolutely nothing to do with Aer Lingus it was a charter flight for Falcon holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but a new airline FlyOne are starting seasonal flights to Chisinau on 30 June 2016.

Surely there can't be enough demand for Chisinau to warrant another airline operating the route (Air Moldova already operate this route)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Rawr

dogcat wrote: »
    Scandinavian Airlines and Norwegian Air Shuttle will still serve Oslo-Gardermoen. I could also potentially see Aer Lingus going on the market now that FR is going, but that's unlikely.

I would love for that to happen, if anything so I can finally try out T2 :D

SAS & NAX have been good options from Dublin to Oslo and if I've been clever they don't break the bank, but it was always good to have the option to take Ryanair via Rygge.

However would most certainly love to see a few Shamrocks floating around over here (and not just that 330 that they used to lease to Novair)

Rawr wrote: »
    dogcat wrote: »

I would love for that to happen, if anything so I can finally try out T2 :D

SAS & NAX have been good options from Dublin to Oslo and if I've been clever they don't break the bank, but it was always good to have the option to take Ryanair via Rygge.

However would most certainly love to see a few Shamrocks floating around over here (and not just that 330 that they used to lease to Novair)

Unlikley to happen they have been pushed out of HEL, ARN and CPH ao OSL will be no different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Rawr

Unlikley to happen they have been pushed out of HEL, ARN and CPH ao OSL will be no different.

Alas I know. However I still live in hope, and tend to haunt this tread in the hope of seeing mention of a new route to OSL pop up. (And in fear of them disappearing, about 10 years ago there simply were no direct flights! I don't want to go back to connecting :D)

Advertisement