Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Routes 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Is there no market for EI to Stockholm, SAS are V expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

FR, SK and EI operated it not so long ago, EI managed to get FR out however DY long haul ops had a major impact on EI service. SK have this year increased it significantly. It's now their main route ex DUB.
    Alas I know. However I still live in hope, and tend to haunt this tread in the hope of seeing mention of a new route to OSL pop up. (And in fear of them disappearing, about 10 years ago there simply were no direct flights! I don't want to go back to connecting )

I think it will be FR before EI if there is any hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Tell me about it. I need to get there for a weekend before the end of the summer and I couldn't believe the price. Seems like that's the only Swedish route from DUB, and the prices reflect that :(

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Skuzchad

Anybody gonna start a new thread for new routes 2017 ???????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Skuzchad wrote: »

Maybe when some are announced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭VG31

Or just change this thread's title to 2017 or remove the 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭VG31

Fattes wrote: »

Mentioned before in June:
    b757 wrote: »
    Cobalt Air,

Larnaca - Dublin A320. Starting 9/July 2x weekly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Already done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Tenger wrote: »
    Already done

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057615807

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ryanair rumoured to be taking on Aberdeen from Winter

DY to extend HEL year round twice weekly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Ryanair rumoured to be taking on Aberdeen from Winter

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160706-2-new-aberdeen-routes-launched-to-alicante-malaga/?market=en

Just two routes to Spain, so just a new destination, not a new base. I wonder is there a market for a daily FR DUB-ABZ flight, to go along with the daily(?) EI Regional service? That's a lot of extra seats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Zonda999 wrote: »
    http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/160706-2-new-aberdeen-routes-launched-to-alicante-malaga/?market=en

Just two routes to Spain, so just a new destination, not a new base. I wonder is there a market for a daily FR DUB-ABZ flight, to go along with the daily(?) EI Regional service? That's a lot of extra seats

There was previously a FR DUB-ABZ route.

It's either Stobart or Ryanair on the route, never both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

DAA reporting a 75% increase on AMS this year - suggests that FR coming in has seriously stimulated traffic rather than just nicking it from EI and probably explains why KL are coming in!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I am flying to AMS this November and was looking forward to trying KLM over the usual EI flight. They need to at least try to compete on price, because they are about 30% more than their nearest rival.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I am flying to AMS this November and was looking forward to trying KLM over the usual EI flight. They need to at least try to compete on price, because they are about 30% more than their nearest rival.
    They won't care about competing on ticket sales of DuB-AMS, they are only entering the market to increase their offerings of connections onto their worldwide network, the purpose of their new flight to Dublin, is to sell Dublin-(insert world wide destination). Perhaps they will appeal to regular business travels on the route too, but KLM wouldn't be worried about attracting travellers who only care about getting the lowest price!
    They are starting up this route, i suspect because they anticipate a rise in competition from Lufthansa through Frankfurt and especially IAG through Heathrow!

Locker10a wrote: »
    They won't care about competing on ticket sales of DuB-AMS, they are only entering the market to increase their offerings of connections onto their worldwide network, the purpose of their new flight to Dublin, is to sell Dublin-(insert world wide destination). Perhaps they will appeal to regular business travels on the route too, but KLM wouldn't be worried about attracting travellers who only care about getting the lowest price!
    They are starting up this route, i suspect because they anticipate a rise in competition from Lufthansa through Frankfurt and especially IAG through Heathrow!

Nail on head, its a low capacity flight 100-120 seats, it will have Business class something EI and FR don't offer and it is designed to increase its connectivity

• Registered Users Posts: 38 c773er

Finnair are to upgrade the DUB-HEL route to an A319 from March 27, 2017. I've no idea if they are still using the E190 on certain days throughout the year? I found this on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

United equipment upgrade on the ua22/23 over winter, will vary between 767 and 777.

LeakRate wrote: »
    United equipment upgrade on the ua22/23 over winter, will vary between 767 and 777.

Is that instead of the second daily been maintained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

The 6am EI flight DUB-AMS used to act as a popular feeder for KLM long-haul. We were routed that way by a travel agent to San Francisco last year, because it was a significantly cheaper option than the direct EI DUB-SFO service.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Is that instead of the second daily been maintained?
    Yea looks like the 130/131 will drop in november and resume in march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/267930/emirates-operation-changes-from-august-2016/

Not sure of this has already mentioned but spotted here that the EK163/164 is switching from 3 class 77W to 2 class 77W from January 1st. Judging from the Emirates Wikipedia page, this will result in 76 extra economy seats per flight.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Interesting change. Could be just an equipment re-allocation or could be adjustment to the market. The introduction of F class to DUB was seen as unusual. Perhaps EK prefer the extra 76 seats being full than the chance of filling the handful of F seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Slightly off topic but what will happen to those A340. With Swiss phaseing out their A340 will they be parked in the desert, to be eventually turned into razor blades?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Interesting change. Could be just an equipment re-allocation or could be adjustment to the market. The introduction of F class to DUB was seen as unusual. Perhaps EK prefer the extra 76 seats being full than the chance of filling the handful of F seats?
    Slightly off topic but what will happen to Emirates A340 when they are taken out of service? Will they be parked in the desert and eventually turned in razor blades or is there life in them yet. Iknow 2 engines is the way to go, is there any hope for them? Swiss are also getting rid of their's.

Before the second daily started there was nearly a 50/50 split between 2/3 class used if not more 2 class during the summer. They only have a limited number of 2 class units but F does similar to other UK stations in terms of lads AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Parted for the common parts with 330s and scrapped

Advertisement