Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to xbox 360 need advice

• 01-09-2015 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, My wife bought an Xbox 36 back from mainland china and it has a 1TB hdd and 200 games installed in to it. I am having a few issues with it.

1. Xbox 360 update failed can't download update
    - She was told not to update the Xbox (with the hdd inside or outside not sure) as the update will erase all games. I took out the hdd to try and update the latest firmware but it wouldn't even connect to internet let a lone download ANY update.

2. The Xbox says The Kinect Sensor can't move enough, My daughter says our 4 year old son picked up the sensor and manually moved it. Did he brake it? When we go to some games it works fine but setting it up gets the error The Kinect Sensor can't move enough.

3. My wife got a 1TB HDD in china and they guy who sold it put 200 games on it but i cant understand Chinese, She can as she's Chinese i cant. How do i put games on to the machines HDD?

4. The machine as its Chinese is locked to China only no Game cds will work and no DVDs will either. Is there a way to fix this???

Cheers in advance and if any mod feels i have broken some rules please be kind enough to let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hmm, Its very hard to know tony.

1.is it a legit xbox 360 with some games on it or is it a machine thats been hacked or modded? what errors are you getting when you try to connect to the internet?
    2. I've never had the original kinect, so I can't answer here.
    3. Is this a standard external HDD? if so, its not formatted to work with the 360 by simply plugging it straight in.
    4. I would try the console modifications and repairs forum, you'll probably get a better informed answer on all of the above in there.
    link is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=528

Advertisement