Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to get it rechecked?

• 01-09-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Things happened and I ended up losing track of time and completely forgot about the recheck. Is it still possible for me if I collect a form tomorrow morning (the secretary wasn't sure but said I could collect one then) and fill it out and whatever else to get it sent away, or no?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Could you not have got in today for a form?
    I'm not sure if they will accept an application by fax, but they should be IN the SEC by the 2nd September. If you're near Athlone you could drive them there I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

spurious wrote: »
    Could you not have got in today for a form?
    I'm not sure if they will accept an application by fax, but they should be IN the SEC by the 2nd September. If you're near Athlone you could drive them there I suppose.

I wanted to but she told me to call in tomorrow instead. Would there be no point in trying tomorrow then? I have no way of getting to Athlone since I don't drive and have no one who will drive me there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Shane15 wrote: »
    I wanted to but she told me to call in tomorrow instead. Would there be no point in trying tomorrow then? I have no way of getting to Athlone since I don't drive and have no one who will drive me there.

It's possible they accept them by fax, I don't know.
    There are people in the SEC more or less 24 hours this time of year. It might be worth a phone call to check if they accept faxed applications.

It's possible they accept them by fax, I don't know.
    There are people in the SEC more or less 24 hours this time of year. It might be worth a phone call to check if they accept faxed applications.

I'm not sure which number to call. I called the general one, but nobody is picking up.

Maybe try them in the morning.
    I will text an Examinations Secretary friend of mine and see does she know if they will take faxes, or late applications for rechecks.

• Advertisement

Maybe try them in the morning.
    I will text an Examinations Secretary friend of mine and see does she know if they will take faxes, or late applications for rechecks.

Thank you for your help! I actually managed to get through, and I was redirected to a woman who explained everything. She said although the deadline is tomorrow, they'll accept late entries on Thursday.

Great - best of luck with it.

Advertisement