Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    That all? There are seven days in the week. Ask Mrs fowl what you will do on Tuesdays

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

lennymc wrote: »
    That all? There are seven days in the week. Ask Mrs fowl what you will do on Tuesdays

Could involve tar and feathers if he's not careful.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Could involve tar and feathers if he's not careful.....

Thats on Fridays and only if I do what I'm told

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Thats on Fridays and only if I do what I'm told
    Careful now....

... one or two of your club colleagues may be turning up to join in

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Regarding this old gem of an incident was it ever revealed what DBs reaction was?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Careful now....

... one or two of your club colleagues may be turning up to join in

The more the merrier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Roughly how long does it normally take for CI to send out the membership card does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Daydreaming and late for work this morning I cut across the path of another cyclist - turning left up beside Kilmainham Gaol. No excuses really - was a stupid thing to do.

Perhaps he is on Boards. If so sincere apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

daragh_ wrote: »
    Daydreaming and late for work this morning I cut across the path of another cyclist - turning left up beside Kilmainham Gaol. No excuses really - was a stupid thing to do.

Perhaps he is on Boards. If so sincere apologies.

These things happen. To be honest, for me if there was no harm done I care more about the reaction. A driver pulled out in front of me this morning in Inchicore, no harm done but he gave an apologetic wave. On I went as happy as larry.
    In short, I'm sure if you apologised at the time I'm sure he/she is fine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Get the ropes, it's time for a good old fashion lynch mob, nice to have known you Daragh_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

dc9ff0198759275cf39b33bf343b9617_400x400.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I feel his pain. Any time I can't find anywhere to park my car I often wish I could shoot a few cyclists and... ummmm... make a car parking space from their dead bodies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

He's looking at it all wrong. There is no problem finding a parking space if he used a bike instead of his tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

"That's all we need in Dublin is more blooming bicycles," Mr O 'Leary told the Creative Minds conference this morning.

Irony

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I feel his pain. Any time I can't find anywhere to park my car I often wish I could shoot a few cyclists and... ummmm... make a car parking space from their dead bodies?

You really need to move onto a more sensible mode of transport...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

"That's all we need in Dublin is more blooming bicycles," Mr O 'Leary told the Creative Minds conference this morning.

Irony

What's he doing in Dublin anyway? His office is in Swords!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Spotted Lenny in the wild. For a moment I thought someone teleported me to Zwift...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What's he doing in Dublin anyway? His office is in Swords!

probably dropping his weekly letters to the aviation authority

Alek wrote: »
    Spotted Lenny in the wild. For a moment I thought someone teleported me to Zwift...

First commute in a while. I'm shattered!

• Advertisement

lennymc wrote: »
    First commute in a while. I'm shattered!
    You should be saving yourself for the track league on Wednesdays....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Anyone her had a deep stone chip to their carbon frame?

You should be saving yourself for the track league on Wednesdays....

Saving myself for the DD!

first time I broke a spoke yesterday. Wheel badly warped but disc brakes rather than rim so I was able to continue home slowly on it. I will drop it into a shop rather than try to fix myself but can i just ask is it likely to be "fixable" - there is a visible "s" curve in the rim now and the warp was bad enough the tyre was rubbing off the fork. Where a rim is curved that badly is it for the bin?

This was on my hybrid, not an expensive wheel anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was the bent rim a cause or effect of the broken spoke?

was the bent rim a cause or effect of the broken spoke?

I'm not sure tbh, I was taking off from standing beside the bike, by pushing on the pedal and swinging my other leg over the bike. The chain slipped off the front ring, pedals spun, I went over and landed on the front wheel. It was badly buckled when I picked it up, so either I broke the spoke by landing on it or I bent the rim and the spoke popped out. I suspect the former but I am not sure how badly the rim would bend from a spoke popping. Anyway my wife will drop it into LBS today and they will pronounce whether it can be fixed or needs to be replaced. Several other spokes near the one that popped were loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Gutted to hear the news that the cyclist who was injured in the Phoenix Park the other evening has died from his injuries.

RIP and condolences to his family.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/cyclist-injured-after-collision-with-a-pedestrian-in-the-phoenix-park-has-died-34687597.html

Fian wrote: »
    I'm not sure tbh, I was taking off from standing beside the bike, by pushing on the pedal and swinging my other leg over the bike. The chain slipped off the front ring, pedals spun, I went over and landed on the front wheel. It was badly buckled when I picked it up, so either I broke the spoke by landing on it or I bent the rim and the spoke popped out. I suspect the former but I am not sure how badly the rim would bend from a spoke popping. Anyway my wife will drop it into LBS today and they will pronounce whether it can be fixed or needs to be replaced. Several other spokes near the one that popped were loose.

You might find this useful:
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/starting.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Fian wrote: »

Most likely the whole bikes a write off, safest bet just to buy a new one.

• Advertisement

smacl wrote: »
    Most likely the whole bikes a write off, safest bet just to buy a new one.

Makes sense.

As it happens according to LBS the wheel is a write off (along with my dignity) and needs replacing. So will that put me at n+0.2?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement