Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

The fingerless gloves from Aldi are beginning to chaf on longer spins.

Can anyone recommend a good pair?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Just saw a guy go through rathmines with bib shorts straps over his cycling jersey. Clearly didn't read the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bazermc wrote: »
    Just saw a guy go through rathmines with bib shorts straps over his cycling jersey. Clearly didn't read the instructions.

Maybe he's just a hipster?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mattdi22le

maybe he just doesn't care what we think.............

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The tour : Legend of the race is on bike in 5 mins. Just as I'm about to head out.

Edit: It's brutal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

From the Glencree turnoff to the cross roads, they'll let you through, just beware of the hot tarmac etc and expect to get into the ditch for a bit at some stage... looks like its lovely long patches of surface of the quick and smooth variety

Hit the new surface coming home late on Saturday night. Was pretty shattered at that stage and the perfect road surface was a real surprise. I was composing letters of thanks in my head.

If Wicklow CoCo finish off all the roads around the Sally Gap like that and keep them maintained I'm going to call around to their offices and hug them all personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mattdi22le wrote: »
    maybe he just doesn't care what we think.............
    More likely it's a special signal that he's tri-curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Anyone happen to have some quill stems? Just had the clamp bolt fail on one while I was putting the finishing touches on Wifenbike II

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Doc07

Might be just a big Castorama fan from the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

New tanwall tyres: would Raam approve? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

^Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Alek wrote: »
    New tanwall tyres: would Raam approve? :pac:

I wonder what the design reason was behind wrapping the text around the downtube?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I wonder what the design reason was behind wrapping the text around the downtube?

I presumed the frame got caught on one side in the printer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Thud

Lumen wrote: »
    More likely it's a special signal that he's tri-curious.

Saw a guy commuting in one of those sleeveless tri-suits this morning....looked a bit cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Anyone happen to have some quill stems? Just had the clamp bolt fail on one while I was putting the finishing touches on Wifenbike II

:(

Yep, I have a few ahead adaptors which have the same clamp bolt for a quill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Flip it anyway. I was building a bit of a fund towards a new bike and now my stupid car which I do need for work and other things unfortunately has decided it wants a new clutch and flywheel. 1200 of my bike tokens down the swanny, so i won't have carbon fibre goodness this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Wiggo turns up at your local 10 mile TT!

http://tinyurl.com/jl9xwms

As you do...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wiggo turns up at your local 10 mile TT!

http://tinyurl.com/jl9xwms

As you do...

I really hope some shouted "full kit w*nker" as he overtook them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

So, you decide to go for one of Chris Boardman's espresso only spins. You have a few laps of Howth in legs from last night and you feel that year long apathy leave your legs. A quick jaunt from Whitehall to Balbriggan via Swords and back will do the trick. Flat, easy. Relatively pleasant. The child is away so you leave at 7am and will be back in plenty of time for work.

Except it's really foggy and drivers are passing closer than you remember them passing, but it's been awhile since you were out and about, so it's probably just you. Instead you reminisce about the Man O'War races and Nags Head agony and kick on to reach Balbriggan. It's super foggy there, so you mess about on the harbour a bit and head on home.

You figure maybe going the Skerries route will make the day more pleasant, but it's so foggy you can't actually see anything that might make it pleasant and that bus definitely didn't even bother to overtake, so maybe getting off the main road will help. Ah, a nice right turn, under a neat old railway bridge. Have never gone this way, let's explore... Oh? There's a sign here warning cars about a steep hill? Surely it can't be that bad. F'k, it is. Haul my ass up it for I have no idea how long, then things get pleasant again. It's not too bad, so much for flat and easy. Wait, where's this, a small town? Oh, interesting, where's this? Is that "fellow boards person's car"? Am I in Balrothery? Am I ONLY in f'kin Balrothery? Yes, I'm back on the main road, just outside Balbriggan. Checks watch... Ok, still time to spare, I'll make it to work in time.

Back out towards the Applegreen and I decide I don't want to go back towards Swords, cos in all honesty I hate that route. Figure if I cross the M1 at this point I'll get home quicker, except five minutes later, I'm climbing again and have no idea where I am, how far from home I am and now I'm getting phonecalls from clients. Which I ignore, then text them saying I'm in an early morning meeting and can't talk.

Every kilometre I'm sure I recognise my surroundings, at one point I convince myself I'm about to reach Man O'War, then realise how far away from that I am. I have no idea what direction I'm going or distance home and more phonecalls are coming in. In all honesty, I'm starting to panic a bit. I've hit the two hour mark and should be at home now, sitting in from of the machine working away, and, most importantly, eating something. I come to a T-junction, left is 10km to Naul and right is... F'kin Sh!t F'ck 4km to Balbriggan. What the hell am I doing wrong here.

Anyway, I panic spin, all the way back, up the climb out of Naul and into Ballyboughal, where I see the café open but ignore the hunger pangs to get on, past the golf club, up the climb to the Ashbourne road, around the back of the airport, where the wind takes what energy I have left, hit a cat's eye and lose one hand of the bars at the M50 roundabout, and basically freewheel from Ballymun home to stuff my face and pretend like I was there all morning.

The apathy is gone, I guess. It's back to road spins around NCD, but with a planned route next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Oh, interesting, where's this? Is that "fellow boards person's car"? Am I in Balrothery? Am I ONLY in f'kin Balrothery?
    The apathy is gone, I guess. It's back to road spins around NCD, but with a planned route next time.

My car?

VCB spins on Saturday and Sundays will cure you of your getting lost in NCD symptoms?

koutoubia wrote: »
    My car?

VCB spins on Saturday and Sundays will cure you of your getting lost in NCD symptoms?

I believe so. I may yet join you for those spins. If trackie scum are allowed.

We have all sorts of weirdo's* in the club so another one wont matter lol

*By weirdo's I really mean try athletes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Three problems with vcb spins - listening to koutoubia, RobFowl and Lusk Doyle.

I think Lusk Doyle has forgotten how to ride a bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sometime last year I asked about look touring and city shoes, and it appears that they are finally available

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/showsearchresults.asp?sort=category&idSupplier=0&withstock=1&IDBrand=22&pageno=1&idCategory=156

I too have gotten lost in NCD, though coming from the other direction. Just kept taking little L roads until I saw a sign for Naul and knew i'd be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Every single time - every.single.time - that I 've ridden on the north side I got lost. And then you put Garmin to route you back.. and it takes you in fecking circles in order to avoid even secondary roads. I totally feel you Harry.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Every single time - every.single.time - that I 've ridden on the north side I got lost. And then you put Garmin to route you back.. and it takes you in fecking circles in order to avoid even secondary roads. I totally feel you Harry.

I'd rather not go public about that yet, tbh.

• Advertisement

Maybe another Boards late summer L'Enfer Du NCD ?

Its been a while!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement