Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkcR5kRWkAEWVdP.jpg

Fair play to Wexford Bus for joining the initiative. Ten points for the first person who gets squeezed out of it by one of them though.

I still wouldnt want it as legal rule its barely enforceable, but at speed 1.5m is good, at lower speeds it doesnt matter so much, lowering speeds in urban areas would be nice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Normal summer has resumed. Desperate search for waterproofs and mudguards

Its warm rain, shorts and ss tops all they way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Where can I pick up those little disc batteries for HR monitors, etc. The CR2032s are common enough, but I'm looking for a CR2450. Anywhere I'd reliably get one in Dublin city centre, preferably northside?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

buffalo wrote: »
    Where can I pick up those little disc batteries for HR monitors, etc. The CR2032s are common enough, but I'm looking for a CR2450. Anywhere I'd reliably get one in Dublin city centre, preferably northside?

Maplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Boots have a fair variety of batteries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

buffalo wrote: »

Boots.

Edit: tomasrojo beat me to it.

NastyThoseArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Christ - that much power in a 2450. Think Boots will quickly sell out when everyone sees that....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Weepsie wrote: »

I presume later in the week we'll have another about how all cyclists are law-breakers and need licence/registration/jailing/shot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I wonder could the Gardai issue her with a FPN for admitting to the crime, and having it on the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

not worse piece the intor doesn't help but his points later on are very valid for more occasional cycle commuters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

to be fair, it sounds like she's cycling the quays which is not for the faint hearted.

is the idea of the gardai doing her for admitting the crime the same as the police in the UK (hypothetical situation, i'm not aware of it having happened) busting say lemmy kilminster for admitting he did speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

to be fair, it sounds like she's cycling the quays which is not for the faint hearted.

is the idea of the gardai doing her for admitting the crime the same as the police in the UK (hypothetical situation, i'm not aware of it having happened) busting say lemmy kilminster for admitting he did speed?

Not quite the same. Lemmy is dead and so can't be charged. The author scribbler of this opinion piece is not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I could see the Tories digging up Lemmy to charge him .....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

traprunner wrote: »
    Not quite the same. Lemmy is dead and so can't be charged.
    ah, you know what i meant.

I think you get a bye on most confessions of past bad behaviour. Don't admit to punching someone, pushing them into a canal and possibly leaving them for dead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I finally got a locker in work which means I no longer need to haul a bag packed full of clothes, I need to drive in once a week so can leave clothes for the week in my locker along with everything else I need. I'm so happy

manafana wrote: »
    not worse piece the intor doesn't help but his points later on are very valid for more occasional cycle commuters.

I can't help but feel that they are not valid at all. In fact one or two of her points may be true but none of her points advocating her poor behaviour are valid.

If she isn't happy to use the road, then she can walk those stretches. She is either the law abiding citizen she claims or she is not.

That attitude always bugs me, I am this, except for when it doesn't suit me, in which case I am not. I don't get annoyed at others being annoyed at my poor behaviour, because I know that it's wrong but I won't change because it suits me.

I almost prefer the articles where they berate cyclists as a homogenous group because at least they have the excuse of ignorance, she has no such reasoning, she is just qa pr1ck, who thinks she is above the laws that do not suit her, and that is the crux of it. She is a law abiding citizen when it suits her (or does not affect her too much), when it doesn't, she isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Advertisement

friends of mine have a couple of old bikes they want rid of - is there anywhere like rothar operating down near greystones who might use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

friends of mine have a couple of old bikes they want rid of - is there anywhere like rothar operating down near greystones who might use them?
    Rothar? In Greystones.

You could drop them into the Happy Pear where they will be carefully tended to with yoga and smugness for a very reasonable price.

happy pear? reasonable price?

Some local council skip sites have a bicycle donation spot which is linked to Rothar who sort through them to take out anything useful, at least in the Ballyogan one they do.

Might be worth dropping Rothar an e-mail and asking them do they have any in Wicklow to drop your old gear off too.

i notice rothar in dun laoghaire has closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I just finished a spreadsheet with a new bike build with all the current prices. After that I decided that I no longer need a new bike :o

Ballyogan Recycling Centre has a deal with Rothar, so Rothar gets bikes left at Ballyogan. I think that's the case anyway. Not that near Greystones though.

(I've just seen that CramCycle already said this.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I just finished a spreadsheet with a new bike build with all the current prices. After that I decided that I no longer need a new bike :o

I raced cars once upon a time, I always said that if I added up how much it was costing me I wouldn't do it. Delete the spreadsheet from memory and start again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I can't believe that you removed the emotion from the process and used financial logic instead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

But you still want a new bike, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement