Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

have i missed it, or are there no ATMs in T2 in dublin, which dispense foreign currency?
    there are (were?) AIB ATMs in T1 which would dispense sterling and dollars - so the only option if you do want to land with currency in your pocket is to use the bureau de change in T2 which charges about 10 or 12% commission, i think?

Underneath the escaltors just past security.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

so they're *after* you get through security?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Very cheeky but looking for comments on this thread in Health sciences (Cycling injuries in an Irish AE, research in IMJ published today)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100043628#post100043628

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

That's my recollection but it may have changed since Christmas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

RobFowl wrote: »
    Very cheeky but looking for comments on this thread in Health sciences (Cycling injuries in an Irish AE, research in IMJ published today)

Ha I'm amongst the injured in that study! Vincent's fcuked up with me though. There's no mention of injuries occurring during racing though, I would have thought that would have been an important question to ask. I suppose it comes under the accidents with other cyclists and falling off the bike sections, although I have to say neither representative of the actual cause. Be good to see how many injuries come from racing too.

ETA Surprisingly small amount if the total injuries as a result of collisions with motorists. And a surprisingly (to me) large amount as a result of hitting pedestrians and other cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Pity it wasn't last year as I would have been one of the stats in St. Vincent's! In the Health Sciences forum you mention that helmet use is not mentioned. I was asked numerous times throughout my St. Vincent's experience if I was wearing a helmet. If the research is updated next year then I'd expect it to be mentioned.

traprunner wrote: »
    Pity it wasn't last year as I would have been one of the stats in St. Vincent's! In the Health Sciences forum you mention that helmet use is not mentioned. I was asked numerous times throughout my St. Vincent's experience if I was wearing a helmet. If the research is updated next year then I'd expect it to be mentioned.

I'm in the stats and they never asked me about a helmet.
    Also beyond the obvious fracture and dislocation they failed to spot another injury and fracture that required surgery upon seeing another doc, so stats not 100% representative of injuries!

nee wrote: »
    I'm in the stats and they never asked me about a helmet.
    Also beyond the obvious fracture and dislocation they failed to spot another injury and fracture that required surgery upon seeing another doc, so stats not 100% representative of injuries!

I thought that they were very thorough with me. However, it was only the next day that my hand hurt and it hurt for a couple of months afterwards. My own GP sent me for an x-ray that was thankfully clear. I don't recall it hitting the ground during the fall. I don't blame them for missing it as if I didn't feel pain they weren't to know.

I thought that they were very thorough with me. However, it was only the next day that my hand hurt and it hurt for a couple of months afterwards. My own GP sent me for an x-ray that was thankfully clear. I don't recall it hitting the ground during the fall. I don't blame them for missing it as if I didn't feel pain they weren't to know.

Everyone is different I suppose. I hadn't a lot of good things to say about that time I was in. They're shockingly, horrendously busy. however I had a completely different experience even I went in with an appendix last September. Again horrifically busy (I was 20 hours waiting to be seen) but got the appendix out after a few days.
    I don't know how they manage in that department, beds everywhere, literally everywhere, it's no wonder they miss things. The conditions staff have to work under in there are really, really horrendous. With the appendix, after the 20 hour wait outside, I was on a trolley in front of a lift, beside another trolley about 3' away, with another trolley 1' from the end of mine, they were everywhere, in every possible nook and cranny. Some very sick people there, young and old. I honestly don't know how staff manage it, it's incredible. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure they're under of a quiet day never mind a busy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Yep. The ATM's outside just distribute Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

tomasrojo wrote: »

I don't have a problem with said "attitude"

Based on the article, I'd agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I don't have a problem with said "attitude"

Based on the article, I'd agree.
    Well, the behaviour was ludicrous and it's hard to say that he wasn't the author of his own misfortune, but for the Ghost Bike curator to sit in judgement is really quite weird. The dead guy doesn't care that you have withheld your little white bike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Who's Nee ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Who's Nee ????

The artist formerly known as gadetra.

Or possibly one of these...........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Any fans of 'The Snapper'? There's a Barrytown Wheelies cycle on August 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Who's Nee ????

Must have got married...

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Must have got married...

:mad::mad: :p

It's cool, we didn't want to go anyway. Don't sweat it!

Judging by that definitely did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Must have got married...
    nee, née Gadetra :confused::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Yes, pedestrians and cycists can get along :p

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

I couldn't find a bike rack on Monday so I made an app that maps the Dublinked Dublin City Public Cycle Parking Stands dataset. iOS only. All the stands are inside the canal. Lots of poor spelling!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fixedgear.ie/id1124654463

PM me with bugs/suggestions. Some are obvious but priority goes to the ones mentioned most.

Hru2Gxc.jpg?1

Happy Bike Week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Good stuff :) Any chance for Android availability?

Alek wrote: »

Time to upgrade your phone :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Time to upgrade your phone :p
    Surely you mean downgrade?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Surely you mean downgrade?

Yea, fruit fones suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

Not in the short term – I don't own an Android myself. Once I make a few improvements to it, if it becomes popular I'll write it for Android. TBH I don't even see myself using it too often.

I'd like to add a crowdsourcing element to it for people to add/edit stands. And adding the locations of bike shops makes sense to me too, though that needs the crowdsourcing aspect to keep the data fresh.

I also don't see any real monetization potential so it'll probably never go beyond hobby stage. Ideas welcome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd like to add a crowdsourcing element to it for people to add/edit stands. And adding the locations of bike shops makes sense to me too, though that needs the crowdsourcing aspect to keep the data fresh.

I like it, bike shops with opening hours attached would be great. Find where your nearest emergency stop shop is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You can load in a browser in five easy steps. Not sure how easy this is on phone.

1. https://data.dublinked.ie/dataset/dcc_public_cycle_parking_stands/resource/bf941a74-65b3-4791-84fc-f8a5aa6fe9d9/view/a7a2b7ad-0bd7-4034-8113-274a3c0e3c1d
    2. Map
    3. Latitude=Y
    4. Longitude=X
    5. Update

• Advertisement

nee, née Gadetra :confused::pac:

Take a bow!

*Gives nomdeboardie a prize*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement