Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

nee wrote: »
    Take a bow!

*Gives nomdeboardie a prize*

As in a wedding night prize?

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

was on cruagh today around ploughboy, following guy in full irish kit (spin 11 i think) and blacked out bike, definitely had an engine and very tanned calves anyone an idea who it might have been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

CramCycle wrote: »
    Surely you mean downgrade?

Jaysus. I didn't realise most cyclists were android fanboys! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

*runs*
    *basks in blissful ignorance of esoteric innuendo*

*basks in blissful ignorance of esoteric innuendo*

Barry O'Bama recently said that ignorance is not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Barry O'Bama recently said that ignorance is not cool.

a8bb5e06f4205dc9f69c2ec68aa6742d3b248343e199d2b485447c8198370e2e.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

*runs*

This lady ain't for marryin' ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

3d2f2895a2c11253d39c25f0593512f0.jpg

Famous last words.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    a8bb5e06f4205dc9f69c2ec68aa6742d3b248343e199d2b485447c8198370e2e.jpg

Looking good robfowl.

• Advertisement

Famous last words.

My last words will be do you mind if I go for a spin (tomorrow am when heading on hols in the afternoon )

RobFowl wrote: »
    My last words will be do you mind if I go for a spin (tomorrow am when heading on hols in the afternoon )

Or maybe wait until you arrive at the holiday destination and then announce that you are going for a spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

MTB races came a long way since...

(benny hill music would be just perfect :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

manafana wrote: »
    was on cruagh today around ploughboy, following guy in full irish kit (spin 11 i think) and blacked out bike, definitely had an engine ....
    Mechanical doping has reached Cruagh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Sponsored space from bike shops?

Not in the short term – I don't own an Android myself. Once I make a few improvements to it, if it becomes popular I'll write it for Android. TBH I don't even see myself using it too often.

I'd like to add a crowdsourcing element to it for people to add/edit stands. And adding the locations of bike shops makes sense to me too, though that needs the crowdsourcing aspect to keep the data fresh.

I also don't see any real monetization potential so it'll probably never go beyond hobby stage. Ideas welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I just love the headline on this article.
    As my late father might have said: "it's quite close to journalism"

http://www.thejournal.ie/cycling-injuries-dublin-hospital-2825308-Jun2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Traveled thru the UK. Stayed in a hotel and in the UK. Got the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander. Drive to a campsite between Santander and Bilboa.
    Wife opens the boot to find a bike in the boot amongst the bags.
    "WTF?" Says the wife?
    "My bike"

Lusk_Doyle wrote:
    Or maybe wait until you arrive at the holiday destination and then announce that you are going for a spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I just love the headline on this article.
    As my late father might have said: "it's quite close to journalism"

http://www.thejournal.ie/cycling-injuries-dublin-hospital-2825308-Jun2016/
    And this is news?...Sure what'd be the fun in running all those red lights if you didn't take selfies doing it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I had a trip to the Dentist before work this morning so decided on Red Luas > Dublin Bike from James's to St. Stephen's Green > Green Luas which is how I do my commute if not on my own bike. Got off at James's at 11.30, not one Dublin Bike at any of the stands from James's to St.Stephen's Green.
    It's obviously a hugely popular service but like everything else here is hugely over subscribed. I ended up walking from James's to the Green in a furious rage, given I was in a fair bit of dental pain too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I had a trip to the Dentist before work this morning so decided on Red Luas > Dublin Bike from James's to St. Stephen's Green > Green Luas which is how I do my commute if not on my own bike. Got off at James's at 11.30, not one Dublin Bike at any of the stands from James's to St.Stephen's Green.
    It's obviously a hugely popular service but like everything else here is hugely over subscribed. I ended up walking from James's to the Green in a furious rage, given I was in a fair bit of dental pain too

yeah it needs re thinking about loads etc, incentives etc for users who bring bikes to quiet stands, most of all it just needs more stands etc, works well for me but i rarely leave work at 5,30 if im still in as you just won't get a bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

manafana wrote: »
    yeah it needs re thinking about loads etc, incentives etc for users who bring bikes to quiet stands, most of all it just needs more stands etc, works well for me but i rarely leave work at 5,30 if im still in as you just won't get a bike

This week is really throwing it at me. I've an offsite meeting today and will go home from there so on the Luas again today. Yet again no bikes between James's and the Green. The app showed 9 bikes at James's but alas there were none.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

New bicycle collection/delivery website.
    Looks like it's mostly UK to UK but international rates are available.

https://cyclesent.co.uk/

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Rod brakes I'd heard of. Rod shifters?...
    Old footage/photos of TDF/Giro etc. often show riders reaching back to change gear with such shifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Cannot fault Parcel Motel. I've used them about four times in the last three years, and twice I've missed collection deadlines - once due to an A&E visit, and this weekend when something arrived earlier than expected while I was away. Both times they've waived fees in goodwill gestures after I asked nicely. Just brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

buffalo wrote: »
    Cannot fault Parcel Motel. I've used them about four times in the last three years, and twice I've missed collection deadlines - once due to an A&E visit, and this weekend when something arrived earlier than expected while I was away. Both times they've waived fees in goodwill gestures after I asked nicely. Just brilliant!

I used to use them a lot and they really shook up the market. However, with ParcelWizard, I get my deliveries straight to an address of my choosing and on a day I select. It's so much more convenient.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

buffalo wrote: »

I have always found them very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

However, with ParcelWizard, I get my deliveries straight to an address of my choosing and on a day I select.

On top of this they do not seem to have weight/size restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I suddenly became a fan of this fb page. (mildly NSFW)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I suddenly became a fan of this fb page.

I was wondering where her fork and wheel had gone to in this photo for a few seconds

https://www.facebook.com/407850786068407/photos/a.408786335974852.1073741828.407850786068407/512838292236322/?type=3&theater

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement