Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Did I just stumble into some weird English class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

traprunner wrote: »

Alors quoi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

traprunner wrote: »

O quatrocenos e dez e um lugar onde todos as línguas podem andar juntos no mesmo footpad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Ĉiuj estontaj fadenoj devus esti en Esperanto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Probably good for hill repeats, probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

No. Has to be Heavy metal or 80's cheese

What would be the handiest way up Sally Gap from the Tallaght side?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

N81 to Manor Kilbride- R759 to Sally Gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

No. Has to be Heavy metal or 80's cheese

Heavy Metal is a term used by people who like to categorise Hard Rock as more "extreme" than it really is.

Video posted has good beat for hill repeats. Agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

By helicopter would be the handiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Eamonnator wrote: »
    N81 to Manor Kilbride- R759 to Sally Gap.

An alternative, if you're at the Old Bawn end of Tallaght, would be to head up Gunny Hill to Stocking Lane and then along the Military Road. Or head up past Bohernabreena cemetery, keep heading uphill and join up with the Military Road.

Anyone know if there's bike parking at Longitude? On their web site they cover every conceivable means of transport to get there except the potentially most effective one.

MediaMan wrote: »
    An alternative, if you're at the Old Bawn end of Tallaght, would be to head up Gunny Hill to Stocking Lane and then along the Military Road. Or head up past Bohernabreena cemetery, keep heading uphill and join up with the Military Road.

I went up by the cemetery last time I went up. Found the ride from the cemetery to military road fairly tough. In saying that I was battered with hailstones the whole length so I might try that again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I went up by the cemetery last time I went up. Found the ride from the cemetery to military road fairly tough. In saying that I was battered with hailstones the whole length so I might try that again
    The route via the R759 as indicated by Eamonnator is less challenging. There's only one steepish part near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

There are loose chippings on the last part of the military road descent into Laragh.

Also the road surface after the bridge in Hollywood is almost as gritty despite no signs for loose chippings...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Quite a lot of people seem to prefer to go up via Edmondstown, then Cruagh Road, which brings you out at the Icecream van/viewing point. Maybe it's handier than going via the Hellfire club route etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Wondered why he was absent from ITV. Tragic, seems those sort of news story are popping up every week or so lately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was out for a spin this morning, and it was already quite warm. i'm always surprised by the number of people cycling i see in full length tops and leggings on days like today, i would expire if i tried to cycle in that sort of gear on a day like today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

was out for a spin this morning, and it was already quite warm. i'm always surprised by the number of people cycling i see in full length tops and leggings on days like today, i would expire if i tried to cycle in that sort of gear on a day like today.

what do they wear when its actually cold in winter ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

duvets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Anyone know if there's bike parking at Longitude? On their web site they cover every conceivable means of transport to get there except the potentially most effective one.

What makes it most effective as opposed to other forms?

Not sure how practical cycling is to Longitude, with all the pedestrians and uncertainty about parking, but there is what is usually a nice (intermittently very nice) cycle route from near the Balally Luas stop all the way out to Marley Park. Some kissing gate nonsense, unfortunately, but you could have guessed that.

Anyway, too late for this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What makes it most effective as opposed to other forms?

There are rarely buses, there are rarely taxis, the traffic management plan is woeful, other than walking from the LUAS in Dundrum or the bus in Nutgrove, it is probably the best option.

Too late this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

manafana wrote: »
    what do they wear when its actually cold in winter ?

GAA shorts and socks of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

https://consultation.dublincity.ie/traffic-and-transport/public-consultation-on-proposed-special-speed-limi/consultation/subpage.2016-07-06.7004763650/view

Public consultation on proposal for 30km/h speed limit inside the canals.

Anyone cycle commuting in dublin should be in favour of this imo.

CramCycle wrote: »
    There are rarely buses, there are rarely taxis, the traffic management plan is woeful, other than walking from the LUAS in Dundrum or the bus in Nutgrove, it is probably the best option.

Too late this year though.

What Cram said. Also it's cheaper and the bike is guaranteed to be there to get you home.

A bit of innovative thinking could go a long way here. A secure bike parking setup, plus some temporary Dublin bike stands could reduce the need for motorised vehicles clogging up the roads around Marley. Maybe not enough to make a huge difference, but it would be a start.

In the end we got in and out handy enough on Sunday, but there were tales of people walking home for hours or having to stay with friends on Saturday night.

A bit of innovative thinking could go a long way here. A secure bike parking setup, plus some temporary Dublin bike stands could reduce the need for motorised vehicles clogging up the roads around Marley. Maybe not enough to make a huge difference, but it would be a start.

I don't know about dublinbike stands (the IT part of my mind thinks that sounds like a lot of work), but temporary bike stands at one-off events is a pretty common approach in the parts of Europe where cycling is a common form of transport.

Given the age profile of the concert attendees, it would definitely have a chance of making a difference. Especially as there is a pretty good dedicated cycle route out to the park. Then again, that route does go through estates as you get nearer the park, so maybe residents would object to the large numbers passing through, being noisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thud

There was a lot of broken glass on the roads around Marley Park at the weekend plus a load of drunk people on bikes would probably have made traffic worse leaving the concert

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement